Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Red face Movies and TV Shows streaming service

I am interested if people here would use media streaming service for 5 bucks.

In my free time, I love to watch movies, so few years ago I started to create my own netflix.

Last 2 years I invested in dedicated servers which automatically download and prepare movies and tv shows for watching.

At the moment I have more them 200TB worth of media.

I am letting my friends and family to use my server for free, but at the moment my servers become a little bit pricy for me.

I don't want to stop doing my hobby, so I though to offer here a service of using my server for fixed monthly price (the money I would use to cover server costs and if I have enough people maybe upgrading the servers).

So now I am interested to see would people here be interested in this type of service.

I would offer this for 5 dollars:

3700 + movies (most of them are 1080p higher bitrate, popular movies are remux, most of there are 10gb size, some older are worse quality)

950 + tv shows (most of them are 1080p bluray, older Tv shows which don't have a better source are lower quality).

500 + anime (almost all of them are 1080p, some are dual audio, some japanese dub)

200 + cartoons ( the best available quality, if the cartoon is available on bluray, quality is bluray etc

400 4k movies

70 + 4k tv shows

Everything gets download automatically, for example episode is aired at 9pm, server will automatically download hd720 episode, the moment better source gets release it will excange lower quality source for better one until bluray quality is reached.

You would be able to use 2 streams at the same time, you can transode as much as you want, put any quality video you want, so even if you have shitty internet speed you can still stream without a problem.

Server is using emby, so you can use almost any device such as browser, xbox, pc, android tv, apple tv, iOS, android....

At the moment I have few servers in EU, all servers are using CDN for better peering. If someone from USA will experience problems, I will also rent a server in USA.

Also every user would be able to request content, and everything you asked shoud be on server in less then 24 hours (if there isn't a que, it can be on server in my few minutes.

Now my questions are:

1. Can I offer something like this here or is forbidden ?

2. Is price okey?

3. Can I make a post to ask people to stress test it ( at the moment, all of my users are from Central Europe, so before selling service I would love that people from other countries try my server for free ). If yes, under which category should I post it?

Thank you in advance for your response

If I post this post under wrong category, I apologize to admins.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by luka289 View Post
    I am interested if people here would use media streaming service for 5 bucks.

In my free time, I love to watch movies, so few years ago I started to create my own netflix.

Last 2 years I invested in dedicated servers which automatically download and prepare movies and tv shows for watching.

At the moment I have more them 200TB worth of media.

I am letting my friends and family to use my server for free, but at the moment my servers become a little bit pricy for me.

I don't want to stop doing my hobby, so I though to offer here a service of using my server for fixed monthly price (the money I would use to cover server costs and if I have enough people maybe upgrading the servers).

So now I am interested to see would people here be interested in this type of service.

I would offer this for 5 dollars:

3700 + movies (most of them are 1080p higher bitrate, popular movies are remux, most of there are 10gb size, some older are worse quality)

950 + tv shows (most of them are 1080p bluray, older Tv shows which don't have a better source are lower quality).

500 + anime (almost all of them are 1080p, some are dual audio, some japanese dub)

200 + cartoons ( the best available quality, if the cartoon is available on bluray, quality is bluray etc

400 4k movies

70 + 4k tv shows

Everything gets download automatically, for example episode is aired at 9pm, server will automatically download hd720 episode, the moment better source gets release it will excange lower quality source for better one until bluray quality is reached.

You would be able to use 2 streams at the same time, you can transode as much as you want, put any quality video you want, so even if you have shitty internet speed you can still stream without a problem.

Server is using emby, so you can use almost any device such as browser, xbox, pc, android tv, apple tv, iOS, android....

At the moment I have few servers in EU, all servers are using CDN for better peering. If someone from USA will experience problems, I will also rent a server in USA.

Also every user would be able to request content, and everything you asked shoud be on server in less then 24 hours (if there isn't a que, it can be on server in my few minutes.

Now my questions are:

1. Can I offer something like this here or is forbidden ?

2. Is price okey?

3. Can I make a post to ask people to stress test it ( at the moment, all of my users are from Central Europe, so before selling service I would love that people from other countries try my server for free ). If yes, under which category should I post it?

Thank you in advance for your response

If I post this post under wrong category, I apologize to admins.
    yeah , i would buy it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    I am going to wait for more replies, but I believe this is a good sign

I hope this is allowed :

If someone has some time and a person is willing to help me, I would ask you to send me a message on IM, so I can give you a free test, because I need to see how the servers are behaving with users from other countries

Thanks
    Hey, this seems quite interesting!

Thanks
    I was going for https://www.moviesjoy.net/ and it actually worked just fine for me. I would go for it anyways and it never failed so far. And it's actually has no adds. Looks nice tho.

Thanks
    Netflix is a good one. I love it because it has many old TV shows and movies. I love the old stuff because it's much better and more interesting than the new movies and shows. For example, LOTR is the best movie ever, and it's on Netflix now. I watched the trilogy last weekend, and I got interested in the movies even more. Now, I am trying to read the Silmarillion, but it's tough. I talked to people on https://www.thetolkienforum.com/wiki/Tengwar about it, and many told me they struggled a lot with that book. Some of them even stopped reading it, and I understand that.
    Last edited by denalauder; 08-25-2021 at 02:34 PM.