Thread: Ban reason?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Unhappy Ban reason?

Hello, i was banned for 7 days and got unbanned the afternoon of the 23rd at 12:00 PM. The reason said "Advertising" which is extremely odd to me since i don't have anything to advertise and don't remember doing anything of the sort. Iv'e been on this website since 2013, i was basically a kid, and the only trouble i got in was "Begging" a few years back which i did not realize i was doing at the time. This ban was absolutely shocking to me, i didn't try to dispute it since that would require me to make a new account which is not really something i wanna bother with, i did send an email to Dave but I knew this wasn't going anywhere even before i sent it. However, in not disputing this i realize that, either i broke a rule without my knowing which is scary, or it's a misunderstanding/mistake from staff which is even scarier. By ignoring this i'm leaving chance for it to happen again without my understanding of how it all went down. So if this is indeed something I did, i would like proof or at least directions(thread/comment link) to what I did so i know how to avoid it in the future. Otherwise I would also like this to be looked further into.

Sorry if this isn't the section to post this but i don't see anywhere else to do so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Your location was a website link - an advertisement, thus you were banned.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I understand, i suspected this to be it, but I had it for at least 2 years and never got a single remark on it, earlier in the month i went in my profile to remove it because I realized it was like that from way back but my profile was messed up(still is) and I couldn't find the button that would let me edit it. I had a full line of links (My Activity-Visitor Message-About Me etc..) hidden as I had changed the colors and didn't realize I blacked them off by accident, and since it had been like this for so long I thought it was fine and didn't bother looking further into it. Thanks for clarifying, in the future if a message/reply could be left to the user about where they screwed could be left upon taking action or prior, it would simplify things a lot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hady123123 View Post
    I understand, i suspected this to be it, but I had it for at least 2 years and never got a single remark on it, earlier in the month i went in my profile to remove it because I realized it was like that from way back but my profile was messed up(still is) and I couldn't find the button that would let me edit it. I had a full line of links (My Activity-Visitor Message-About Me etc..) hidden as I had changed the colors and didn't realize I blacked them off by accident, and since it had been like this for so long I thought it was fine and didn't bother looking further into it. Thanks for clarifying, in the future if a message/reply could be left to the user about where they screwed could be left upon taking action or prior, it would simplify things a lot.
    If you had it for 2 years it means that nobody noticed it and it was not reported, however you could've been banned at any time for this. A warning or a message on the user's profile is left usually as a warning just as you said.

Good thing you are solved now, closing this.

Stay safe!

"Never stop being a good person because of bad people"

Super User -> 15-7-2020
    Global Moderator -> 23-3-2019 - 15-7-2020
    Steam Moderator -> 12-12-2017 - 23-3-2019
    Steam Minion+ -> 09-04-2017 - 12-12-2017
    Steam Minion -> 03-01-2017 - 09-04-2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by gerassss View Post
    If you had it for 2 years it means that nobody noticed it and it was not reported, however you could've been banned at any time for this. A warning or a message on the user's profile is left usually as a warning just as you said.

Good thing you are solved now, closing this.

Stay safe!
    I didn't get a warning message which is why i got confused. Thanks anyways