Thread: F*CK School.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Look, I dropped out of High-School. Thought I wouldn't make it very far but I was tired of being all locked up, doing stuff I never wanted to do.
    I was literally wasting my time, so I decided to leave. My parents never really cared about me, they were divorcing at that time - only cared about themselves, so I didn't have the issue of nosey parents forcing me to go to school, get good grades and all that stupid bs.
    I've found a pretty good job at an Art School in my hometown so I saved up a bit of money while freelancing as a graphics designer.
    Saved up all the cash and spent it on design courses (New York Institute of Art & Design has really good design courses) which lead to way better jobs as my portfolio was getting better and better every day + I am an Adobe Certified Expert which looks really good on your applications.
    Well 6 years fast-forward: worked on my GED, went to college and studied Game Art in LA (with no student debt).

Dropping out of High-School was the best decision I've ever made!

Thanks
    School is alrite, I didn't like it tho for real but I've finished it this past year.

Thanks
    School where I'm at is a waste of time I literally learned more in one semester of college than I did in 3 years of highschool. College is still trash though, no point

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by zombbomb View Post
    worked on my GED,
    Quote Originally Posted by zombbomb View Post
    Dropping out of High-School was the best decision I've ever made!
    That's not really dropping out. You left for a while then came back and finished your GED.

Quote Originally Posted by kiksaccounts View Post
    I'm asking my self what new shit I learnt today, and I can hear the silence in the room.
    You should definitely stay in high school and look it all the way through. Ignore those that tell you it's the best time of your life and it'll pass quickly and all that bullshit. High school is boring, stressful, and tires you out FAST, there's no sweet talking it. I was JUST like you when i was in high school but leaving is the worst thing you can do. You've heard it before, maybe from your parents or from your teachers or whatever, but it's really true: You won't get a good job without an education.

In today's world, the piece of paper that tells an employer that you finished high school/college/whatever is what matters. You could say you have experience in something but the employer will always pick someone with a degree over you, even if you know more than them. The way I saw it back then and the way I still see it today is that high school is just a prep course for college and half the shit you learn in there won't help you much later in life. College will actually teach you new things and although you may not be 'excited' to go there every day, you'll definitely be interested or at the very least, you'll feel like you're spending your time properly. Continue your education through all the way to the end, if you'd like to start college NOW, look into Dual Enrollment, it's a program that lets you take college and high school courses at the same time. It's a heavy work load but it definitely mixes things up and you'll be taking college-level classes on things YOU are interested in, rather than things you're forced to take in order to pass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Bro you just got to deal with it just a little bit longer then you can pursue what you want

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    i agree with you
    perhaps is business to them we are being controled to modern society n diety
    expect a teaching modern way of lied book
    i even forgot about relegion
    n doesn't know about what up there doin with us yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by kiksaccounts View Post
    I'm finishing in two years, I asked my parents if I can drop-out and they said YES!!! ----- ha NO of course. ..
    I'm feeling like wasting my time because a lot of days I'm getting there for 6-7 hours and when I'm coming back, I'm asking my self what new shit I learnt today, and I can hear the silence in the room.

I'm much more interested into Internet Marketing that I'm 3 years into it.

damn I like that I can write somewhere my thoughts.
    school is going to be about as fun and beneficial as you decide to make it. /shrug

Thanks
    unfortunately the system of education is not preparing you to adult live... of course bascics are important, but when i finished hmmm lets say 14 years old maybe 20% things which i learned from school was somehow usefull, the rest is shit and waste of time

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    kill the teacher
    save yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12