Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

How you can use Korean client on your home region (less buggy)

Disclaimer: not mine

Before we start, I'd like to say that what you are about to do isn't illegal or strictly against the League terms of use. In the ToS ( https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse ), specifically section 5 "Code of Conduct", heading 5.1, paragraph IX, it says:

Using any unauthorized third party programs, including mods, hacks, cheats, scripts, bots, trainers and automation programs that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information;

However, we are not using any third party program to modify the game files, and as you will soon find out, it's a very simple file swap that is already located in the league of legends folder when you download the game.

First, I'd like to outline the usages of using the korean client instead of your home region's:

For some reason, the korean client is way less buggy than the non-KR ones which means that you can use the client with it's normal settings or without the use of the "Low Spec Mode" if you enjoy visual clarity at the cost of no decreased or fundamental change in performance (apart from running the process, it doesn't clog itself up)

The ability to listen to the korean voice packs for all champions, maps, effects and noises in the game.

To read and/or learn the Korean language

To use the "korean" text font that is different from the base non-KR one.

How it works: We are able to use the KR client whilst still connecting to our home servers by modifying a game file called system.yaml that is located in the RADS directory of the game. The reason why we need to modify it is because we cannot simply change the locale_language to korean because in Korea, to play on a LoL account you must use your SSN, and since most people using this trick are not members of the Republic of Korea, you do not have an SSN to register it. We bypass this by generating the authentication token from your home server and putting it in the korean client directory. Effectively, we are using the KR client, with KR text, voice and font, but are actually logging into onto our home server.

Instructions:

Step 1) Close down your client.

Step 2) Download the KR client installer here: https://www.leagueoflegends.co.kr/?m=download

Step 2b) If you only have 1 hard drive (C and have League on it, make a separate folder called "League of Legends KR" and assign it for your KR client to be downloaded there.

Step 3) Run the installer and finish the installation. The game should automatically launch when you finish the installation.

Step 4) Let the game patch. If you are from EU or NA and have a good download speed, your download will be capped at 1mb/s download speed because you are downloading from KR.

Step 5) Once your game is fully patched, close down your KR Client.

Step 6) Find your League of Legends directory. For me this is on C:\Riot Games.

Step 7) Access the system.yaml file in your home region's folder. For me, this path looks like this:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\league_client\releases\0.0.0 .XXX\deploy\system.yaml

The XXX in the releases folder MUST be the highest number you can pick. This means the latest version. As of 23rd of April 2019, this number for me is 0.0.0.197 . However, there may be a version that is a number lower then that. Always select the HIGHEST number.

Step 8) Right click on the system.yaml file and click "Open With" and then select your IDE/Text Editor. As required in the tools section, you can use Notepad to view the file however I recommend using a text editor such as Sublime Text 3.

This is what the start of the code looks like: https://imgur.com/a/fOuY7iX

Step 9) This is where you must find the code for your region. This system.yaml file contains all the authentication tokens from all major and minor regions apart from China and Korea. I will show examples of 2 the major regions, EUW and NA.

From lines 375 to 434 is all the code for the EUW login. Here is me highlighting it. https://imgur.com/a/D7YcnpU

From lines 606 to 661 is all the code for the NA login. Here is me highlighting it. https://imgur.com/a/DxV7Pp7

You will need to find the code for your region. It will be scattered around the file, you have to scroll and look at the left side until you see the initials for your region, such as in this screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/9XcnH1U

Once you have found it, copy all the code until the last line where it says the "web region" and the region that you are trying to copy. After that begins a new region, which you don't need.

Step 10) Copy the code onto a new file in a word processor or IDE/TE.

Step 11) Navigate to the korean league folder that you installed. For me, the path is:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends KR\RADS\projects\league_client\releases\0.0.0.XXX\ deploy\system.yaml

Again, the XXX MUST be the highest number you can find. For me, as of 23rd of April 2019, this number is 0.0.0.188.

Step 12) Open the korean system.yaml file and scroll down to line 254, beginning region_data:

After this, you have to keep the following lines: https://imgur.com/a/NgqoLl4 and replace everything underneath it with the code you copied. As an example, this is how my code looks like for EUW. https://imgur.com/a/aBXqMJ2

Step 13) Save the changes to the file and close down your editor.

Step 14) In the directory, right click the system.yaml and then click on "Properties." On the bottom, click "Read Only". ( https://imgur.com/a/EzLg7HO ) This now means that when you start up the client, the patcher can't change the information as it is "Read Only", which means you can now connect to your home region using the korean client.

Step 15) Open the client and log in with your details. It should look like this: https://imgur.com/a/XuPqqC9

And that's it, you're done.

Here are some fun things you can do:

Use two clients at the same time

Since we are using 2 separate clients, the KR one and the one you usually play on, you can login to a second account on the normal client, and there will be no issue, because you are using 2 separate clients with the same authentication tokens to your home region. Now you can troll your friends from both accounts at the same time >.

Thanks for reading this guide. If you have any issues, then comment on this thread for some insight.

Member: 11-11-2017
    Premium: 3-18-2018
    News Force - Technology News: 1-18-2019
    Middleman: 5-26-2019

"The Red Plesiosaurus":
    i7-7700k @ 5.0Ghz
    MSI Z270 Gaming m7
    G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti SeaHawk X
    Samsung 960 EVO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

Janitor (04-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks, but I think you need to work more on the presentation to not make it look more interesting. So anyone enjoys reading.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Thanks, but I think you need to work more on the presentation to not make it look more interesting. So anyone enjoys reading.
    I just stole this from reddit cause I used it and liked it, too lazy to reformat it

"The Red Plesiosaurus":
    i7-7700k @ 5.0Ghz
    MSI Z270 Gaming m7
    Samsung 960 EVO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post

I just stole this from reddit cause I used it and liked it, too lazy to reformat it
    You can rewrite it into your own guide honestly, will make it stand out more, and easier to read. Just an opinion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

You can rewrite it into your own guide honestly, will make it stand out more, and easier to read. Just an opinion.
    ik, but if ppl really want to know about this they will actually read instead of me just spoon feeding to them. I could write one if it's actually hard to understand but the process is quite simple so I didn't.

"The Red Plesiosaurus":
    i7-7700k @ 5.0Ghz
    MSI Z270 Gaming m7
    Samsung 960 EVO

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Thanks been looking for a guide to access the korean client for a while ;c

Thanks
    This no longer works as of 7/30/2019. They have removed the ability to make changes to system.yaml without having the client crash.