Thanks

Preworkout and Supplements

What is your regime?

I don't have a problem getting my ass up and going to the gym, but what I do have a problem with is, what supplements to take. With all these brands and advertisement, body builders pushing supplements they probably don't use, and so much misinformation its hard to know what to actually take. As of now I'm only taking protein supplement for when I feel I haven't had a high protein intake for the day. I am interested to start taking amino acids or bcaa as they are highly talked about, what are your thoughts? Do you guys take preworkout? I know it can up the intensity in the gym but I just don't want to be dependent on it, I don't want to feel ah I need to take this or i'm going to feel tired.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Only thing I actually do is a scoop of whey protein extract, and a teaspoon of creatine monohydrate once a day.95% of the amino acids and taurine and after and pre workout boosters and such are complete bullshit and a waste of time and money. Protein to build muscles, creatine to keep them hydrated and ready to move, and hydration to keep yourself going. Pre-workout energy boosters *can* help, but barely at all for the price they come at. As a generality muscle fatigue is what ends your gym session, and not actual lack of energy. You should be tired at the end of your sessions, but a little bit more energy (outside of creatine) isn't really going to help you get extra reps.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Been lifting for around 7 years now and I cannot stand the sight or taste of protein shakes but I do pre-workout shake (for energy) and a post workout protein intake whether it be a protein shake (2 scoops) or a protein bar + peanut butter. Good multi-vitamin in the morning and recently started an intra-workout shake consisting of Gatorade+amino acids for the added carbs (currently carb cycling) and for endurance as I do HIIT after my weight training. The rest is just clean calories.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Personally I don't think you really need any pre or post workout if your eating healthy, getting all your nutrients, and drinking some water. The closest thing to a post workout that I drink would be occasionally a nesquik with my dinner because it has carbs (a swimmers best friend).

Thanks
    I've been debating on taking creatine but am afraid of the side effects. Anyone try it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    lemon water

Thanks
    If you really want serious advice about suppliments, i would say a big NO supplements won't help you enough. Go for a perfect diet plan with natural diets.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I've been hitting the gym for about 2 years, the first year or so I saw improvements in both muscle mass and size and also general strength. But after that is was a slow uphill battle where I could go for months and not really see much. I didn't see much results (Mainly cus of bad diet and not right exercises) so I didn't lift for a while. But recently I starter working out with a gym fanatic and did creatine for that period. Saw improvement fast and I'm not at a desirable size. Now I am not someone who really knows a lot about anything gym related. I just go to look and feel better, and to have a good chance in the army, when I get there. But this is my experience.

Thanks
    Natural diets are good enough.

Thanks
    i take

1 teaspoon of creatine monohydrate
    1 scoop of beta-alanine
    1 scoop of l-citrulline

like 30 mins before going to the gym

and then right after im done working out

i take 1 scoop of whey protein
    and 1 25mg of zinc piccolate

whey and creatine are the only ones with super extensive research done that has proven benefits for working out directly

the others have some research done and they could help, but not 100% proven.

Thanks
    At first i wasn't able to go to the gym without using my pre-workout shake.
    If i was out of pre-workout shake, i would skip the gym.
    Now i train without using any supplements.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Only thing I actually do is a scoop of whey protein extract, and a teaspoon of creatine monohydrate once a day.95% of the amino acids and taurine and after and pre workout boosters and such are complete bullshit and a waste of time and money. Protein to build muscles, creatine to keep them hydrated and ready to move, and hydration to keep yourself going. Pre-workout energy boosters *can* help, but barely at all for the price they come at. As a generality muscle fatigue is what ends your gym session, and not actual lack of energy. You should be tired at the end of your sessions, but a little bit more energy (outside of creatine) isn't really going to help you get extra reps.
    Thanks for sharing this content

Thanks
    Clean Source Of Moderate To Slow-Digesting Carbohydrates
    In order to power through your gut-wrenching, muscle-fiber-tearing workout, you need a premium source of fuel. That's why it's fundamentally important that you consume a slow to moderate digesting source of carbohydrates.

Not only will they provide a source of energy, thereby preventing your body from tapping into muscle for energy, but a slower digesting carb will sustain you throughout your entire workout.

This is why it's not recommended to use mainly high glycemic or fast-digesting carbs as you'll quickly burn out once their energy source is used up during your workout.

Some recommended low to moderate GI carbohydrate sources are brown rice, oatmeal, Ezekiel bread, white rice (long grain) and even whole wheat pasta. Of course, portion control and timing is a must when consuming a meal pre-workout.

If you consume an overabundance of carbs or consume them too close to your workout, your body has insufficient time to metabolize the food.

This results in blood being redirected to your working muscles rather than being reflowed to your stomach to aid in digestion, causing stomach cramps. As a general rule, consume anywhere between 20 to 40 grams of carbohydrates one to two hours before working out.

Thanks
    literally only tried pre-workouts once, worst workout of my life. Just feels like a waste, you shouldn't need that to stay motivated at the gym. at least not everyday