Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

Can anyone tell me the requirements of a custom source?

Hey, I've been developing pservers for a while using sources like FSOD and others. I have 3+ years of programming experience and use linux systems such as Arch (one of my favs) Ubuntu (for pservers) and CentOS (other non-related stuff). Anyways I didn't feel like using someone else's code was enough. And I've been wanting to know the requirements to make my own custom source.

PS: I've been playing the game for 4 years so I have a pretty good understanding of the core, I know a lot of frameworks/libraries to use etc. I also know how much time it would take so you don't need to remind be on that one.

Here is what I'm looking for:

How advanced of a programmer would I have to be?
    How would I know where everything goes etc?

I also have a few more questions that I can't remember atm so I will be updating this post. Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thewebparadox View Post
    Hey, I've been developing pservers for a while using sources like FSOD and others. I have 3+ years of programming experience and use linux systems such as Arch (one of my favs) Ubuntu (for pservers) and CentOS (other non-related stuff). Anyways I didn't feel like using someone else's code was enough. And I've been wanting to know the requirements to make my own custom source.

PS: I've been playing the game for 4 years so I have a pretty good understanding of the core, I know a lot of frameworks/libraries to use etc. I also know how much time it would take so you don't need to remind be on that one.

Here is what I'm looking for:

How advanced of a programmer would I have to be?
    How would I know where everything goes etc?

I also have a few more questions that I can't remember atm so I will be updating this post. Thanks!
    Programming helps, but its more of understanding the system of the source, also you can check some tutorial for stuff that you don't know