Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

First Democratic Primary Debate - Night 1 Candidates Discussion

My Thoughts

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) - Needs to chill, but makes some good points.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) - Calm the fuck down

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro - Solid points. No real opinion from me.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) - Ok candidate imo. Statements kinda hit or miss.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) - If the primary was today and only included those who debated today, I'd vote Warren.

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) - 100% not voting for this guy.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) - Didn't stand out too much. Solid candidate I guess

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) - DiD yOu KnOw I wAs In ThE mIlITaRy?

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) - Weird

Former Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.) - Calm the fuck down.

Other comments:
    All these candidates throwing out some Spanish.
    Some of these candidates trying to dodge questions with some insane gymnastics.
    Last edited by Bernard.; 06-26-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    God the DNC is so terrible...

Barely any questions about climate change even though it's the top issue. Also I have no clue why they still insist on having top candidates mixed in with no names. There should be one day with serious candidates, another for the rest, and a third day for john delaney. Another issue is how crowded the debate is. I don't need these clowns muddying the water.

There was a lot of leftist rhetoric which is good, sadly I don't think much of it is in good faith. I credit this to Bernie Sanders' pressure and the Trump's far right candidacy. In a two party system, when one party moves towards an extreme(right or left), the other party tends to head into the other direction. This is what is happening except for most candidates it's only in rhetoric. What I mean by that is that most of these guys in today's debate sounded like they're ready to overthrow the corps and seize the means of production when in reality alot of them like beto are funded by big corp.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) - He's definitely progressive but overall i'm not a massive fan. Funny to see him talking about having a black son to Booker's face though.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) - Not a good candidate. He had his moments to shine but he kept fucking it up. Most notably getting destroyed by Tulsi Gabbard near the end of the debate on a question he should have had.

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro - nope.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) - I was never a Booker fan especially for his role in gentrification in Newark. I have to concede though that he did insanely well in this debate. He aced the questions that he excels at(the legal questions) and had a very strong showing in others. Overall I think he likely had the strongest showing today.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) - Probably the best candidate on the stage today. Sadly she got shouted down by the clown candidates. This is why we have to have a debate with just the strong candidates. Otherwise really good responses.

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) - fucking terrible. kept getting out-latinod by castro too.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) - hell no.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) - Another surprisingly good. I haven't been paying attention to his campaign but I heard about his time in Washington being really good. He had great answers to abortion and climate change. I'll be paying attention to him now.

Former Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.) - Why the fuck is he even there.

I had more stuff written up but I timed out and lost it so im just gonna post this for now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

Aborted (06-27-2019),Bernard (06-27-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Too many faces with the same message. Any of those retards would be better than Trump tho.

Warren stood out

Whoever said not to get rid of private health insurance is right, even though insurance is a racket.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Bernard (06-27-2019)

Thanks
    Mind linking the video?

Thanks
    why isn't abraham lincoln taking part?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Mind linking the video?
    The actual debate is on nbc's youtube but this video(despite being posted before) is all u need tbh

Also another debate tmrw.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

Matthew (06-27-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Tulsi 'Shooting brown kids for sport' Gabbard.

Democratic party is literally just Republicans LARPing as progressives. We might support the unending imperialist genocidal occupation of the global south to exploit the third world of resources, and repeaedly quell any attempt at spontaneous democracy around the world through brutal assassinations and heavy handed boot stomping, but now you can be gay while doing it. #TransPoCWarmongers2020

To clarify I fully support the LGBT community, but it's disgusting to see so many regressive candidates faux soapbox and appropriate true progressive leftist agendas to spread war and death.

Reminder that Pride Parades are based on the Stonewall Riots, where LGBT activists were brutalized and suppressed by the police. True liberation forever, fuck the police.
    Last edited by Aborted; 06-27-2019 at 04:12 AM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Bernard (06-27-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

The funny thing is the google stats showed that tulsi was the most searched candidate after the debate and booker second. I unironically think that's just because Tulsi's really attractive though lmao.

Democratic party is literally just Republicans LARPing as progressives. We might support the unending imperialist genocidal occupation of the global south to exploit the third world of resources, and repeaedly quell any attempt at spontaneous democracy around the world through brutal assassinations and heavy handed boot stomping, but now you can be gay while doing it. #TransPoCWarmongers2020
    100% accurate

Thanks

To clarify I fully support the LGBT community, but it's disgusting to see so many regressive candidates faux soapbox and appropriate true progressive leftist agendas to spread war and death.

Reminder that Pride Parades are based on the Stonewall Riots, where LGBT activists were brutalized and suppressed by the police. True liberation forever, fuck the police.
    fuck the police.

Thanks
    Niko House has a good take on Elizabeth Warren:

Thanks
    dont forget that trans women can get pregnant. I felt like I wanna throw up with all that shameless pandering happening in front of me.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    The DNC in general is a fucking mess right now, most of these people don't even have a fucking platform, their platform is "ORANGE MAN BAD REE".

They get asked policy questions and respond with "DONALD TRUMP IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY", and then when asked "OK, but what would you do on your first day in office for example?" they respond with "FIRST DAY I'M GOING TO REPEAL EVERYTHING TRUMP HAS DONE".

Like...holy fucking shit, you're not actually saying anything, you don't have an actual platform...

It's so sad...out of all of them, the only one that has a chance to win is Yang. Anyone else is an auto-win for Donald Trump right now, and thank god for that lol...
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-09-2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Typo