Hello! I'm new to game hacking. Just putting it out, in case someone gets irritated by something i might say. There is a game called "Operation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising", and i wanted to make a trainer of some sorts and just have some fun while learning. There is a reason why i want this specific game.

My problem is that Cheat Engine causes the game to shut down immediately if it's oppened or already running in the background. (Not even attached, or having any process oppened. Just mere presence.) No error comes out, it just closes. I thought the game might be watching what processes are running so naturally i tried renaming Cheat Engine, using third party programs (like "Windows renamer") that would change the window name in order to avoid detection, but that didn't help really. I tried disabling UAC so Windows doesn't bother me for permissions because that's what might trigger the detection and it kind of worked since then i could have Cheat Engine oppened while game is running, but as soon as i switch to the CE window and try to open the game process, it closes the game. So the game might also monitor current active window process name or something. I also tried using ArtMoney, which is CE alternative because i wanted to see if that would work, and it doesn't. It's the same situation. Either they are checking for various CE alternatives or they have a smarter way of detecting the mere presence of programs of such type. I've seen YouTube videos where people use CE without any problem on this game, but that might be because they were using older game version, it just doesn't make any sense. I also tried doing the same on another machine and the problem persists. The game doesn't have working multiplayer and is very notorious for being really unfriendly when it comes to modding. I'm running out of ideas, so could anyone more experienced help me out to just have Cheat Engine running and working as supposed? There are trainers for this game online so obviously it can be done. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!