Thanks

External First-Person FOV Editor (1.51)

For a while, I've been working on a way of changing the FOV of the first-person camera. It started off as a program that just modified the min and max FOV values, but over time I found ways to change FOV for vehicles and weapons. There's even a way of changing the near clip plane and min/max pitch, which I couldn't find anything about anywhere.

You can download the program under attachments

Features:
    • Change min and max first-person on-foot FOV (used by FOV slider)
    • Change min and max pitch, allowing you to look completely up and down (recommended values of 89.9/-89.9, any higher causes camera flicker)
    • Change weapon aiming FOVs (zoomed in and out)
    • Change vehicle FOV and near clip, allowing you to remove clipping issues
    • Change FOV slider value without having to open the game menu
    • Works with both EGS and Steam version
    • Values get saved to config.json which can be hand edited
    • Values stay changed between singleplayer and online until the game is restarted

Issues:
    • Vehicle address doesn't get updated until the player is fully seated inside the vehicle
    • A lot of vehicles share the same values, however motorcycles are the most varying ones for whatever reason
    • (Probably) no rockstar launcher version support
    • Program needs to be running in order to update values for vehicles and weapons as the player uses them after each game restart
    • Some interactions use different FOV, like opening the safe in arcade
    • Hardcoded limit in GTA V for FOV (1-130) and near clip (>0.01). Changing the values beyond that won't have any effect.

How to use:
    1. Run GTA V and load into singleplayer or online
    2. Open the program
    3. Mess around with the values, just make sure positive values stay positive and negative values stay negative.
    4. Use different vehicles and weapons and change their values to save them.

The program is using pointers and Write/ReadProcessMemory, which means it will 100% break after the next update. I'm using pointers that point to vehicle player is currently in and weapon the player is currently using, which means that the values can only be changed one by one as the player uses them. Once they are changed, the changes stay until the game restarts though.
    There are some other possible ways to go around some limitations, one is by getting addresses for every possible vehicle and weapon, probably by using AOB scan. Another way is to modify assembly in memory, changing the checks for whether the FOV and Near Clip are within range and setting the desired value there. That way, the FOV would stay the same at all times.

Also, I haven't tested this on the rockstar launcher version, since I don't have enough space for 3 installations of GTA V, so if there's anyone willing to help find the right pointers, I could show them how to do it.
    The program is doing a very simple check to find the game version by just switching between the main FOV pointers to see which one returns a correct FOV. I'm sure there's a simpler more correct way to do this, but I'm not sure what it is in the newest version. If you know the correct way to do it, please let me know.
    And let me know if you encounter any bugs, I'll be sure to fix those ASAP.

Virus scans:
    VirusTotal
    Jotti
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to araghon007 For This Useful Post:

BBER (01-10-2021),Franklin2thomas (08-22-2020),imidget0 (09-04-2020),MoonshineWilson (08-25-2020),My1AccountIsBan (09-10-2020),razermon (11-08-2020),SchooolBoy (08-18-2020),SuccMeSolid (10-11-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Doesnt work for me, any fixes?