Thanks

Looking for books

Is there any good book about game development? Maybe a book about Unity or something? I know C#, some C and some Java. Should I first learn any other language?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Are you looking for a technical book, to learn how to code and create games on unity?
    Or for a book of someone working in the video game industry, and sharing his knowledge and experience through anecdotes?

I cannot directly answer to your question, as I never searched for a book covering Unity, but I can recommand the official documentation, their community, the programming sub-forum of mpgh, and especially the tutorials on youtube which are very rich.

The issue with writing a book or making a tutorial for Unity, is that this software is really complex, and there are several ways to achieve what you want, through programming or through the built-in tools, and the possibilities are infinite. The best way to learn is by trying, searching online for answers when you're stuck, and by creating a very simple game as a beginning.

Creating a game takes a lot of time, requires a lot of different skillsets (being good as a game designer, 2D or 3D graphist, 2D or 3D animator, musician, programmer, scriptwriter...). As a beginner, you can't work miracles, even with the best tools ever.
    Last edited by azerty54; 09-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Nice!

How did you go so far