Red faceOutdatedGuide on multi-clienting [no 3rd party software] [old/new login compatible]

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Guide on multi-clienting [no 3rd party software] [old/new login compatible]

Simple guide on multi-clienting

Introduction
The client "protects" us from opening multiple instances by simply placing a "lockfile" inside the work directory.
We can easily trick the client by deleting it
I originally thought Riot was gonna "fix" that by adding code that checks whether another client is already running but that didn't happen in the past 6 months so I assume it's safe to say this method will be working for a little longer

New Log-in system - Riot Client
With the riot client things have changed a little bit, the riot client actually checks whether another riot client is still running.
Fortunately this isn't too bad since it's just used for initial authentication and doesn't need to be present once the League client is opened

Conclusion
It is possible to open multiple clients with only 4 (technically 3) lines of "code" (batch / windows command line)
The code I included (see below) works with the old and new log-in system and doesn't need to be adjusted.

Creating a starter
  • Open an editor of your choice
  • Copy-paste the code below into your editor
  • Select Save as and navigate to your League of Legends folder (C:\Riot Games\League of Legends)
  • Call it something like start.bat (important is the .bat extension, on notepad you might need to switch the file type to all files (*.*))
  • Navigate to the directory you've placed the file
  • Double click it to verify League/Riot Client opens
  • Log in to your first account AND make sure the League client opens
  • Double click the file again to verify another client opens
  • (optional) Right click the starter you've created and send it to your desktop
  • (optional) Go to your desktop and change the icon of your start link to whatever League icon you prefer


Code:
 @EcHo off
taskkill /f /im RiotClientServices.exe
del /f lockfile
start LeagueClient.exe

YOU CAN NOT OPEN MULTIPLE GAMES AT ONCE (Perhaps with 2 graphics cards but I have not tested that)
Thanks for sharing, what's the use of this tho?
Use:
Multi-chat, can use it to make your own clubs and instantly get the clubtag (assuming you have 5+ accounts)

Multi-game:
In my experience and understanding of DX9 it can only render one game at a time. So you'd need a second GPU to render your second game. But I'd be glad if someone prove me wrong!
Quote Originally Posted by AECX View Post
Use:
Multi-chat, can use it to make your own clubs and instantly get the clubtag (assuming you have 5+ accounts)

Multi-game:
In my experience and understanding of DX9 it can only render one game at a time. So you'd need a second GPU to render your second game. But I'd be glad if someone prove me wrong!
dx9 isnt the problem, riot just has some anti-multiclienting stuff. you just need to bypass the checks and ur fine.
Quote Originally Posted by AECX View Post
Use:
Multi-chat, can use it to make your own clubs and instantly get the clubtag (assuming you have 5+ accounts)

Multi-game:
In my experience and understanding of DX9 it can only render one game at a time. So you'd need a second GPU to render your second game. But I'd be glad if someone prove me wrong!
Integrated graphics would work?
really interested to know how can you run 5 accounts at the same time
Quote Originally Posted by AECX View Post

Simple guide on multi-clienting

Introduction
The client "protects" us from opening multiple instances by simply placing a "lockfile" inside the work directory.
We can easily trick the client by deleting it
I originally thought Riot was gonna "fix" that by adding code that checks whether another client is already running but that didn't happen in the past 6 months so I assume it's safe to say this method will be working for a little longer

New Log-in system - Riot Client
With the riot client things have changed a little bit, the riot client actually checks whether another riot client is still running.
Fortunately this isn't too bad since it's just used for initial authentication and doesn't need to be present once the League client is opened

Conclusion
It is possible to open multiple clients with only 4 (technically 3) lines of "code" (batch / windows command line)
The code I included (see below) works with the old and new log-in system and doesn't need to be adjusted.

Creating a starter
  • Open an editor of your choice
  • Copy-paste the code below into your editor
  • Select Save as and navigate to your League of Legends folder (C:\Riot Games\League of Legends)
  • Call it something like start.bat (important is the .bat extension, on notepad you might need to switch the file type to all files (*.*))
  • Navigate to the directory you've placed the file
  • Double click it to verify League/Riot Client opens
  • Log in to your first account AND make sure the League client opens
  • Double click the file again to verify another client opens
  • (optional) Right click the starter you've created and send it to your desktop
  • (optional) Go to your desktop and change the icon of your start link to whatever League icon you prefer


Code:
 @EcHo off
taskkill /f /im RiotClientServices.exe
del /f lockfile
start LeagueClient.exe

YOU CAN NOT OPEN MULTIPLE GAMES AT ONCE (Perhaps with 2 graphics cards but I have not tested that)
Why tf would you be able to open two games with two graphic cards??
AS OF PRESEASON 10 THIS METHOD DOES NO LONGER WORK - THE CLIENT REQUIRES THE RIOT CLIENT/SERVICE HANDLER TO RUN AT ALL TIME
~ If I find another workaround I'll share it with you

- - - Updated - - -

Yea you're right, I didn't think about it properly - Now that I think about it I've used multiple game instances in the LS project aswell :facepalm:
Alright, thanks for the share of the method.
Closed since it's patched.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us