Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

Bodybuilding help needed

Hello, I've been going to the gym for 6 months but it wasn't consistent neither was my diet, I thought of learning proper forms first.

Now my question is for my current body what will be the best goal.

1) I can do 1700 Calories a day to lose weight
    2) I can do 2500+ Calories a day to gain weight

Current weight 155 lbs height 5 7.5"

Last edited by bakchodpappu99; 10-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks
    I wouldn't cut because you don't have much muscle underneath. I'd eat at a 500 surplus and clean bulk to re-composition your body.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

bakchodpappu99 (10-10-2019),Danny (10-13-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Firstly, you should track your food and caloric intake for ~ a week to have a good estimate of your maintenance. Assuming your number is correct and that you're a beginner, if your goal is to gain then it should be at a rate of roughly 1-1.5% of your bodyweight. If you're looking to lose, I recommend at a rate of .5-1% of body weight per week to minimize muscle and strength loss. Generally speaking, you can subtract 500 calories from your maintenance to elicit the appropriate rate of weight loss for your bodyweight. I recommend getting on some sort of program that utilizes linear-progression while staying in a deficit. Best of luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldStandard For This Useful Post:

bakchodpappu99 (10-10-2019)

Thanks
    I think lean bulking is good too. It is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time by eating at a calorie deficient and getting in a lot of nutrient foods & proteins. - You can actually weigh the same but lose fat and gain muscle over a period of time. Weather Ur bulking or cutting the important thing is too eat "healthy" foods and not just use bulking as an excuse to binge on pizza.
    PS: I'm new to this as well so if i'm wrong please correct me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Edible Cyanide View Post
    I think lean bulking is good too. It is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time by eating at a calorie deficient and getting in a lot of nutrient foods & proteins. - You can actually weigh the same but lose fat and gain muscle over a period of time. Weather Ur bulking or cutting the important thing is too eat "healthy" foods and not just use bulking as an excuse to binge on pizza.
    PS: I'm new to this as well so if i'm wrong please correct me.
    Yeah same im new too, I live in a South-Asian family so our foods have decent amount of calories that's why I only eat once a day, then during the day I eat banana/pb/string cheese

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    I wouldn't cut because you don't have much muscle underneath. I'd eat at a 500 surplus and clean bulk to re-composition your body.
    well thank you for your help, I'll try giving it a shot

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    i've been training for about 8 months now. I am a girl so things are different body-wise and calorie intake.

I eat about 1600 kcal a day to lose weight, but at the same time, i'm workout out 8 times a week and gaining a lot of muscle. So i'm not going down on the scale on a rapid pace because I know i'm gaining muscles and they weigh more. So just a tip, don't look at the number on the scale too much, take pictures in the mirror and look at them and compare. Eat the good things, I eat eggs every morning with ham, Than 500-800 grams of veggies with chicken for lunch, snack would sometimes be salmon with avocado en in the evening i would eat 160 grams of meat, steak or chicken or whatever with 500-800 hot veggies.
    than for late snack would be 250 grams of like yoghurt

really depends on what you wan't, i don't really have a time frame for this. I just go on with it

OOH ALSO! Use MyfitnessPall and register what you eat. See your calorie intake and your macro's. Really does give a lot of info !!
    Member Since 01•20•2012
    Donator Since 06•16•2013

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CubeGen For This Useful Post:

bakchodpappu99 (10-12-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by CubeGen View Post
    i've been training for about 8 months now. I am a girl so things are different body-wise and calorie intake.

I eat about 1600 kcal a day to lose weight, but at the same time, i'm workout out 8 times a week and gaining a lot of muscle. So i'm not going down on the scale on a rapid pace because I know i'm gaining muscles and they weigh more. So just a tip, don't look at the number on the scale too much, take pictures in the mirror and look at them and compare. Eat the good things, I eat eggs every morning with ham, Than 500-800 grams of veggies with chicken for lunch, snack would sometimes be salmon with avocado en in the evening i would eat 160 grams of meat, steak or chicken or whatever with 500-800 hot veggies.
    than for late snack would be 250 grams of like yoghurt

really depends on what you wan't, i don't really have a time frame for this. I just go on with it

OOH ALSO! Use MyfitnessPall and register what you eat. See your calorie intake and your macro's. Really does give a lot of info !!
    Thank you, yeah the thing is im a broke college student so I eat whatever is cooked at home, so I might not see the best results but I try to eat as clean as I can while avoiding sugary foods and excess carbs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I was a similar weight to you 6 months ago. Similar height to you.
    Been going to the gym for 4 months.

What I did:
    Month 1 & 2:
    I cut carbs by half, filled it with vegetables. Only did cardio (running). At the end, I was about 62kg.

Month 3, 4, 5:
    Start of month 3 I got measured, did all the body weight calculation and all that shit by my personal trainer.
    I cut carbs more, filled it with protein.

Month 5:
    I went back to the amount of carbs I consumed in month 2. I got re-measured in month 5. I gained about 10kg (22 pounds) of muscle and cut my body fat in half. I weighed in at 62kg.

Month 6 (aka current period):
    Lost motivation to go to the gym. I still weigh 62kg. I should probably start going again.

Thats what I did, and results were more obvious because I cut my body fat (unintentionally did it) a so my muscles were more defined. I didn't count calories either. I just ate healthy, ate when I was hungry. I don't know how accurate the body fat calculating machine was (you hold it in your hand and it tells you your body fat), but thats what the results were.
    Last edited by Allura; 10-13-2019 at 02:18 AM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Allura For This Useful Post:

bakchodpappu99 (10-13-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    At your current state there isnt really a "best goal" as it depends what you are aiming for, i dont think you should start cutting now as from what ive read you want to get bigger than right now and starting to cut now will only slow you down. I would just eat lean protein/fat to begin with, aka lean bulking, as you said youre a college student so you dont have the budget maybe to fully commit to a diet but any foods that arent directly bad for you is good and then reduce your carbs along the way as the rest said. Lift more and once you get to the point where you feel that you have the mass you want more or less, then you start to try full cutting to sculpt.

Vouch Count: 50+

Quote Originally Posted by CheatSource View Post
    HARD. STRONG. FAST. Really appreciated the fast and easy trade <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by chudblumgrun View Post
    went smoothly and fast. also very cheap. would recommend 10/10 +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyd View Post
    One of the best and most trustable seller for me so far, looking forward for further trades <3
    Quote Originally Posted by RotmgJos View Post
    Awesome service 10/10 would 100% recommend. I would get +1000 vouches if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRustedChemist View Post
    Faster than Keemstar on Cocaine, really nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT1998 View Post
    +1 Purchased 32 Decas trade was fast and easy even after my mistake of sending a echeck the seller was kind enough to cancel the payment and allow me to send it correctly with out being rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baplogg View Post
    Extremely nice guy, will absoutely trade again
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebit View Post
    +Vouch. Dude was super chill and patient. Highly recommend buying from this seller.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    For these 6 months I bet that you've been in the gym 2 times max

Thanks
    Bulk (500 cal surplus) and then cut. You can also eat 100-200 above maintenance and work out but it's slower than bulking/cutting.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaydow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    nah, I have some muscle down there, rn I could do dumbbell bench press 40lbs dumbbell ea 6 reps on flat 8-10 reps on incline, so gained some progress not a lot but its something to keep me goin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    need to plan out a good workout routine each day of the week and also have rest day

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kprizzy For This Useful Post:

bakchodpappu99 (10-14-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Why do yuo need body build help you are goku

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_panda View Post
    Why do yuo need body build help you are goku
    Need a flat belly