Thanks

Unity Port/Hacked Client.

Is it possible to have a hacked client with unity? Will 059 make a hacked client? Does anyone know how long it will take for a client to be up? Weeks? Months?

Thanks
    for now it is hard to say when and for how long it will take to update clients.

first we should see the unity client itself and define if it is possible to hack it and add your own features. it is definitely that something akin to K-Relay will appear regardless or Deca tries to secure the game

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Me along with a few other people know how to decompile the Unity client already, and most of us are knowledgable in the language, so writing a modded client shouldn't be too hard unless DECA decides to add some trickery to keep modified clients from being able to run on their servers. In which case we'll have to find another solution down the line.

But yes, modded clients most certainly are possible and will happen. Question just comes with who will do it first and who will do it better so more people can adopt it.
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kithio For This Useful Post:

CalifornianKing (10-18-2019),ComSlayer (12-13-2019),DINTELBOTS (10-16-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post
    Me along with a few other people know how to decompile the Unity client already, and most of us are knowledgable in the language, so writing a modded client shouldn't be too hard unless DECA decides to add some trickery to keep modified clients from being able to run on their servers. In which case we'll have to find another solution down the line.

But yes, modded clients most certainly are possible and will happen. Question just comes with who will do it first and who will do it better so more people can adopt it.

Brilliant answer! <3
    Debugging is anticipated with distaste, performed with reluctance, and bragged about forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DINTELBOTS For This Useful Post:

CalifornianKing (10-18-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post

Any idea on the timeline? Weeks? Months? Also can't deca just patch it so only the offical client can connect to their servers? They've kinda of patched reconnecting into closed realms.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by CalifornianKing View Post
    Any idea on the timeline? Weeks? Months? Also can't deca just patch it so only the offical client can connect to their servers? They've kinda of patched reconnecting into closed realms.
    Patching reconnecting into closed realms wasn't a hard thing to do in the first place, as connection requires a key, simply invalidate all keys if the previous world wasn't a dungeon in the realm, thus not letting you to connect back into a closed realm...

As for patching modded clients, it's definitely possible but requires a long game of Cat and Mouse with the modders, because we can simply bypass their checks every time they add it...

As for how long it'd take to Mod the client, I'm sure the first iterations of it would probably be done within the first 24h, but I highly doubt any one of us would release a client that early on as we'd want to implement a number of key features beforehand, which all depends on the familiarity of the people doing it with the language and the code.
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kithio For This Useful Post:

ComSlayer (12-13-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    How excited, looking forward to the coming challenges.

Thanks
    Chances are most hacks for unity will be made within less than an hour of release.
    Depending on how the hack is made it can directly use the games unity files to auto update and not have to worry about updates unless they directly collide with said cheats custom code

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hacking Unity is by far one of the easiest things to do. As example Escape From Tarkov had a server pulse check within the client that checked to see if the client was modified and was removed by a friend and I. If anything you will see more hacked clients due the simple aspect that you could easily Dnspy into the assembly file and change anything you want lmao.