Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post

Usually the only people that have a problem with providing a vouch copy are scammers
    Not always. There should be a system where vouch copy could be pay after getting service/item. Like seller must do 2 vouches with pay AFTER buyer receives to have approval. Since some services/items cost sellers a good chunk of money.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PhilDark For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Time (05-26-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilDark View Post

Not always. There should be a system where vouch copy could be pay after getting service/item. Like seller must do 2 vouches with pay AFTER buyer receives to have approval. Since some services/items cost sellers a good chunk of money.
    This is hard to do since it requires the seller to find someone to buy their product/service on their own merits. But if someone does end up doing that then it seems fine to me.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk

This is hard to do since it requires the seller to find someone to buy their product/service on their own merits. But if someone does end up doing that then it seems fine to me.
    True. Could be difficult at times.. Maybe this can be optional in case there are buyers

Thanks

Usually the only people that have a problem with providing a vouch copy are scammers
    Doing my best to ignore that you just inferred I'm a scammer, I'll go back to my original point... the marketplace has died on this website.... and there is a reason, it isn't NECESSARILY all the requirements to make a market post, but SOMETHING caused the marketplace section to die

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kutzki View Post
    Doing my best to ignore that you just inferred I'm a scammer, I'll go back to my original point... the marketplace has died on this website.... and there is a reason, it isn't NECESSARILY all the requirements to make a market post, but SOMETHING caused the marketplace section to die
    Yea it would be our new contact method not the rules we put in place regarding vouch copies

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a beta View Post
    Yea it would be our new contact method not the rules we put in place regarding vouch copies
    Apart from the IM system what would you say is the biggest detriment to the marketplace? The IM system is being worked on and is fully funded into development, it will be a viable and safe alternative for communication apps with the bonus of full transparency and accountability + site wide integration.

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sbuj View Post

Apart from the IM system what would you say is the biggest detriment to the marketplace? The IM system is being worked on and is fully funded into development, it will be a viable and safe alternative for communication apps with the bonus of full transparency and accountability + site wide integration.
    That's a rather hard question to answer, the real problem is the IM and once it is fixed I could see the MP booming again. But I'd have to say the amount of scams happening and I know there isn't a way to prevent them but we need to get users on IM and to keep them on there. Not other contact methods

Thanks
    That's a rather hard question to answer, the real problem is the IM and once it is fixed I could see the MP booming again. But I'd have to say the amount of scams happening and I know there isn't a way to prevent them but we need to get users on IM and to keep them on there. Not other contact methods
    What if there are ways to prevent that, what are ur thoughts on a true escrow system? What are your thoughts on required identification or vendor verification

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks

What if there are ways to prevent that, what are ur thoughts on a true escrow system? What are your thoughts on required identification or vendor verification
    Could you elaborate more on all 3? I mean escrow is the buyer puts the money in the system and the funds are released when the trade if verified, correct? It's like having a MM but not having a MM. I'm more curious on the required verification parts tho

Thanks
    Could you elaborate more on all 3? I mean escrow is the buyer puts the money in the system and the funds are released when the trade if verified, correct? It's like having a MM but not having a MM. I'm more curious on the required verification parts tho
    Escrow is escrow you have the general notion, required identification means a vendor must submit his i.d or passport to get verified, yes people can buy or fake them but there are services online providing docu checks, plus you can crossreference addresses on docu and on paypal account in which they receive their funds. In the case of escrow mms would facilitate it, handle disputes and investigate vendors. Verification can also be through sms, or like some markets introduce a fee in order to post in market or setup a vendor account. A vendor must provide proof they can provide service, proof that they have been doing it for a while, previous vouches from other sites (must verify he is owner of those accounts on other sites) . I think without escrow currently and without a binding legal contract anyone can just scam if you have collateral on them they cant do it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    still new here hhhh

Thanks

Escrow is escrow you have the general notion, required identification means a vendor must submit his i.d or passport to get verified, yes people can buy or fake them but there are services online providing docu checks, plus you can crossreference addresses on docu and on paypal account in which they receive their funds. In the case of escrow mms would facilitate it, handle disputes and investigate vendors. Verification can also be through sms, or like some markets introduce a fee in order to post in market or setup a vendor account. A vendor must provide proof they can provide service, proof that they have been doing it for a while, previous vouches from other sites (must verify he is owner of those accounts on other sites) . I think without escrow currently and without a binding legal contract anyone can just scam if you have collateral on them they cant do it
    I'm not entirely sure about the verification part. I think that is slight overkill for MPGH and might cause some sellers to stray away imo. Personally I think escrow might be the best way to go

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

kutzki (06-30-2020)

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    This should be for the people who bought premium

• The ability to lock your own thread
    • Change your username

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
    This should be for the people who bought premium

• The ability to lock your own thread
    • Change your username
    Disagree with the locking your own thread, it takes away from staff duties :/

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Disagree with the locking your own thread, it takes away from staff duties :/
    Well I think people who bought premium should be allowed to edit your own thread and also should be able to lock, because that's the whole point of buying premium and by that you don't wait to wait several hours to someone edit or lock your thread.

But who knows this is just an idea I've seen from other forums which I'm in and works really well.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast