Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by dvahime View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is required to get those back up and running? I don't know a damn thing about coding, but I'm too curious not to ask.
    all the values in the game that you want to edit exist somewhere in memory. we run these scripts to alter those values

the location the values exist is called the pointer. most times pointers are hidden and run on different math making them harder to find (you can see this different math when you change the attack and defense value of weapons and armor). when the iceborne update came out, these pointers were moved to different locations. since it can't find the pointers, the script cannot find or change the right values

most scripts will use this pointer and have references to other pointers nearby in memory. these references are called offsets. sometimes finding the new pointer is enough to restore a script entirely. because of the iceborne update changing some offsets and pointers, any script that relies on the offsets that were altered, that script will not work until both the new pointer and new offsets are found
    Last edited by skillkill; 01-14-2020 at 08:06 PM. Reason: added some stuff
    Thank me if I helped Listen to the music below as you scroll through for free eargasms...
    If you want me to feature & promote your music in my signature for free and you believe it worthy, PM me a YouTube link

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by skillkill View Post
    all the values in the game that you want to edit exist somewhere in memory. we run these scripts to alter those values

the location the values exist is called the pointer. most times pointers are hidden and run on different math making them harder to find (you can see this different math when you change the attack and defense value of weapons and armor). when the iceborne update came out, these pointers were moved to different locations. since it can't find the pointers, the script cannot find or change the right values

most scripts will use this pointer and have references to other pointers nearby in memory. these references are called offsets. sometimes finding the new pointer is enough to restore a script entirely. because of the iceborne update changing some offsets and pointers, any script that relies on the offsets that were altered, that script will not work until both the new pointer and new offsets are found
    I'm stunned that I actually understood that, wow. And what exactly is needed to find the pointers and offsets? I wonder if I can get behind this somehow, implying I can wrap my head around it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by dvahime View Post
    I'm stunned that I actually understood that, wow. And what exactly is needed to find the pointers and offsets? I wonder if I can get behind this somehow, implying I can wrap my head around it.
    for an unprotected game, an example might be:
    1. have 1000 coins
    2. look for values in memory that are 1000 and make a list of their addresses
    3. spend one coin so you have 999 coins
    4. look for values that are now 999 from that list
    5. repeat steps 3-4 until you have a small amount of addresses in your list
    6. test the remaining addresses by changing their values and seeing if they affect the game
    7. after this step you should have an address in memory that alters the game, and you can use this to create a pointer
    normally this is repeated to make sure the pointer is correct

if you read the script of this table you might get some insights since it is made by me; a lazy shit. it has no assembly code so it is much more readable

the pointer in that table refers to the player ammo total and looks like this: 00 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? 80 B5 ?? 2? FB FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? 0? 00 0? 00 00 FF FF FF FF ?? ?? ?? ?? F? FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? 00 ?? ?? 0? 00 FC FF FF FF FC 31 ?? ?? FB FF FF FF ?8 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? ??

and based off that pointer, i found the ammo in the player's clip with an offset of hexadecimal +48. so in memory, ammo in the clip is always hexadecimal +48 ahead from the total ammo count

games like monster hunter world can store values differently but this is the general process, and works fine for unprotected games.
    Thank me if I helped Listen to the music below as you scroll through for free eargasms...
    If you want me to feature & promote your music in my signature for free and you believe it worthy, PM me a YouTube link

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skillkill For This Useful Post:

aries636 (04-18-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123