Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Watching Anime as you grow up

Hello,

I love Anime but as I'm growing up, I feel like I cannot openly talk about Anime at least in my society without getting a cringy look. I still love anime but due to all this norms as per society feel the pressure of quitting it. Did you ever face it? Just wanted to share this and get some opinions.

Thank you for reading

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doomlord12 For This Useful Post:

Kentolag (03-01-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I've faced it but mostly from people that are watching anime as well, or people that have nothing against it. Just some sort of a banter but never aggresive. Imho there is small chance when you meet a person that he's watching an anime, it's not a subject you'd talk on the street, at school, in the club - other than Netflix/HBO from the movies. I don't feel like it's necessary to be discussed in real life, let's face it that anime is kinda cringy (and sometimes I love it).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    We (my group of friends) talk sometimes about Anime, what we are currently watching, what we think of some anime and stuff like that.

Anime is part of Japanese culture, and I believe that there, it isn't seen wrong to talk openly about anime, I feel like this is a culture problem.

VOYAGE OF EMOTION AND DISCOVERY

Graphics Shop - Web Design & Development

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Definitely is a culture problem but i have no problem talking about anime with a fellow viewer and dont really care if ppl consider it cringy.Honestly the only reason ive ever stopped watching anime for longer periods of time was because there wasnt really anything that interested me airing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord12 View Post
    Hello,

I love Anime but as I'm growing up, I feel like I cannot openly talk about Anime at least in my society without getting a cringy look. I still love anime but due to all this norms as per society feel the pressure of quitting it. Did you ever face it? Just wanted to share this and get some opinions.

Thank you for reading
    I understand you so well. With the admission to the University, in General, watching anime disappeared as an interest, the only thing that supported it was that we had similar interests with the girl, so I was never alone in this plan. After the breakup, it became generally kind of uneasy to tell someone about it, so I just stopped getting so carried away with it, but I still keep track of new titles and watch the top ones when I have free time. Although, in fact, this is a common hobby, it's like watching some TV series. You're not alone, buddy, hold on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Its about the culture. Many people are seeing anime as childish without even knowing an anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    well for me no, since i prefer watched the anime movies instead the normal anime (?)

Thanks

Hmm

My very first anime as a child (pokemon doesn't really count xD) was Trigun. Love it to this day.

Thanks
    not at all. screw what people think lmao enjoy what you want dude and find like minded people

Thanks
    Yeah it is something that most people either don't like talking about or don't know about, I feel like when I am asked about anime most people just assume it's like hentai or i'm sitting at home watching cartoons all day.

Thanks
    I have been watching since the time of Ninku, yeah they nag me all the time to stop watching it but if you are good in daily life, they dont mind then

Thanks
    at first people were talking shit about anime but i feel in the last 1-2 people shifted and i get so many people asking me what to watch now a day

Thanks
    I don't give a single crap what others might think of me

Thanks
    Used to watch a shit ton of anime in high school, but recently it just doesnt feel as enjoyable as before.. same with gaming. Guess thats just how growing up works heh