Thanks

Cool Warden - protect yourself from cheaters (and fuck with them)

What's Warden?
    Warden is a modded client which uses ImGui to display logs and allow you to configure it, it's an automatic protection system that will have options to retaliate via unreleased exploits or doing the same thing back to the cheater. Basically, if a cheater is caught trying to ruin your experience and you have Warden enabled and configured to protect you from the cheat they're using against you then you'll receive a notification of who tried to do what, with an option to retaliate or (for moderators+) options to ban, kick mute etc.

Work in progress:
    The video shown below is just 2 hours of work, this is easily expandable and there's a lot I can do with this, it will have protection against both private clients (unreleased exploits & cheats) and public ones. The `Warden - log` menu will be reworked and a side notification will be displayed instead of an entire window, when you hover over it, it will have options to do whatever you want to the cheater.

Help:
    Show that you actually want to see this by replying to this thread with suggestions or criticism.

Demo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEE...ature=youtu.be

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DARTH WANKSTAIN For This Useful Post:

Albinore (02-26-2020),BIG_OOF (06-12-2020),Doggus (04-24-2020),dRestarrr (05-27-2020),LQ469 (05-26-2020),Moxpyn (05-26-2020),Sirex (12-25-2019)

Thanks
    I don't play this game, but the idea is neat, love to see something creative like this to be released on MPGH.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor For This Useful Post:

DARTH WANKSTAIN (12-14-2019)

Thanks

Talking dang, it so cool!

I need it so much to moderate my friends server!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    holy shit this looks insanely cool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Red face

Hyped for Warden, I love it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxpyn View Post
    Hyped for Warden, I love it
    That version is outdated but if I get bored enough I'll make one for 1.4 and release it, right now I have no intention of doing it but you never know.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH WANKSTAIN View Post
    What's Warden?
    Warden is a modded client which uses ImGui to display logs and allow you to configure it, it's an automatic protection system that will have options to retaliate via unreleased exploits or doing the same thing back to the cheater. Basically, if a cheater is caught trying to ruin your experience and you have Warden enabled and configured to protect you from the cheat they're using against you then you'll receive a notification of who tried to do what, with an option to retaliate or (for moderators+) options to ban, kick mute etc.

Work in progress:
    The video shown below is just 2 hours of work, this is easily expandable and there's a lot I can do with this, it will have protection against both private clients (unreleased exploits & cheats) and public ones. The `Warden - log` menu will be reworked and a side notification will be displayed instead of an entire window, when you hover over it, it will have options to do whatever you want to the cheater.

Help:
    Show that you actually want to see this by replying to this thread with suggestions or criticism.

Demo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEE...ature=youtu.be
    Joining the good side are we? Maybe try making a perfect anticheat for tShock api, that would probably work way better on a server level than on a client level.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Test2007 View Post
    Joining the good side are we? Maybe try making a perfect anticheat for tShock api, that would probably work way better on a server level than on a client level.
    It's not supposed to be a client-side anti-cheat, it's just simple detection and prevention of commonly used cheats used directly against the player using Warden. Also I have made an anti-cheat with tsApi: https://******.com/bensm1/Arkhalis
    It just protects against a couple exploits, I haven't worked on it in a long time. I'm gonna revisit it soon because I'm not happy with the approach I took, it's poorly made.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH WANKSTAIN View Post
    It's not supposed to be a client-side anti-cheat, it's just simple detection and prevention of commonly used cheats used directly against the player using Warden. Also I have made an anti-cheat with tsApi: https://******.com/bensm1/Arkhalis
    It just protects against a couple exploits, I haven't worked on it in a long time. I'm gonna revisit it soon because I'm not happy with the approach I took, it's poorly made.
    Problem with AC is its soo complex that running it on another thread and awaiting to see if all activities are valid is pain stakingly hard and resource heavy. The most common problems are Item hacks, Godmode, buff and minion. If those can be blocked it would probably discourage half the shit storm. The other problem is public source to an AC is bad because hackers will use this to find work-arounds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Test2007 View Post
    Problem with AC is its soo complex that running it on another thread and awaiting to see if all activities are valid is pain stakingly hard and resource heavy. The most common problems are Item hacks, Godmode, buff and minion. If those can be blocked it would probably discourage half the shit storm. The other problem is public source to an AC is bad because hackers will use this to find work-arounds.
    I'm aware of both of those things but the thing is, it was made out of boredom and i never planned on finishing it, it's just something I can progressively work on when I get bored enough. If I ever work on it again I'm gonna make it asynchronous and threaded and try my best to reduce the impact it has on performance. Right now it doesn't make a big difference though.