Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Mars of Destruction

This review contains light spoilers.

Mars of Destruction, an anime that – for some obscure reason – currently holds the lowest ranking on myanimelist. The reviews of this beautiful piece of animation aren’t overwhelmingly positive either. I thought I should at least make an attempt to make this anime more well known and more appreciated and I spared no effort to do so.

The story of Mars of Destruction is simply great. It starts off with girls shooting at a monster called an ‘ancient’. If you’ve read the synopsis you will know that they are supposed to be the true inhabitants of earth, not those silly girls. Many will tell you that the story ends there and is shallow, but the that couldn’t be further from the truth. It points at the world we live in. What is whose territory? In this country there is someone called ‘Geert Wilders’, he is an islamophobe and xenophobe. How far can he go to clean the Netherlands from muslims? They are not the original inhabitants of the Netherlands, so can we just kick them out like the ancients are doing? Well, the ancients are going one step further, they really attack musli- humans, are their reasons good enough, does it matter if you are a part of the original inhabitants? That are some questions that you ask after seeing Mars of Destruction. The references to reality don’t stop there, no, it also refers to the United States of America. They aren’t just looking if they can live there, they are interfering with other the other government and they are not afraid to use violence (look at all the guns). The ancients are interfering with the peaceful life of the humans on earth. Can they just do that? Is there any justification for such actions? As you can see Mars of Destruction clearly has a thought-provoking story.

This anime has pretty good animation as well, it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty good. When they talk the synching is superb. The animation of their movements is also decent. It’s not what you expect from a 2009 anime, but for 2005 it’s decent, you could even make it look better by watching it in very low quality. If you do so, it will look like it’s even older and the animation will look better in comparison.
    The art also does a pretty good job on portraying the emotion on the faces of the main characters. They also did a good job in not giving all the characters the same hair colour because you don’t really learn/remember the names of those characters, so it’s nice to have some way to distinguish them.

The characters are really great, nearly is as good as the story itself.
    As I mentioned earlier you can easily tell which character is which because of the colours their hair was given. Of course these characters have more than just fancy hair. They all have a clear reason to fight, the ancients fight for their homeland, like true soldiers do, and the military fights because they simply want to get paid. The main character gets some special treatment, he even gets a beautiful and sad past.

Overall I don’t really have any complaint about this show. The story is though provoking, it is really easy to tell who is who thanks to their hair colours, the animation is generally really great and the characters are well made. A real classic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bones Brook View Post
    In this country there is someone called ‘Geert Wilders’, he is an islamophobe and xenophobe. How far can he go to clean the Netherlands from muslims? They are not the original inhabitants of the Netherlands, so can we just kick them out like the ancients are doing? Well, the ancients are going one step further, they really attack musli- humans, are their reasons good enough, does it matter if you are a part of the original inhabitants?
    Complete randomness? and also i find it strange that if you put anime on lowQ that its better i mean like i drew a anime scene and in hd you almost can see every freaking pixel that is wrong while lowQ blends it in nicely...

about the anime ... seems interesting gona watch it after 3 weeks or something maily i have this scedual of anime:
    Monday = -
    Tuesday = k-on (live), (bleach)
    Wednessday = k-on (subbed if life was badly connected/failing sounds), (bleach)
    Thursday = Naruto (live + raw upload/subbing if hQ) + Naruto (subbed + better Q)
    Friday = work
    Saturday = Durarara!!, Angel Beats! (,random anime)
    Sunday = mostly a random anime that i follow. im now watching 2 randoms.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html

@ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist

neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    https://bakyurayuu.deviantar*****m/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button