Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Question rotmg x34.2.0 private server

So I asked this in a different post and it got taken down for "not allowed" and the person who took it down doesnt receive private messages im not good at using fourms so I couldnt figure out how to message a admin for help so hopefully it doesnt get taken down here but basically I want to buy a prod source fully updated with all of prod items bosses dungeons basically everything in prod just to play around on by myself and maybe ill add some of my stuff I made in my private sever i did in my spare time I just wanna know who would be willing to do all the work to put in everything in prod how much they want to be paid and how long they think itll take

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiRed View Post
    So I asked this in a different post and it got taken down for "not allowed" and the person who took it down doesnt receive private messages im not good at using fourms so I couldnt figure out how to message a admin for help so hopefully it doesnt get taken down here but basically I want to buy a prod source fully updated with all of prod items bosses dungeons basically everything in prod just to play around on by myself and maybe ill add some of my stuff I made in my private sever i did in my spare time I just wanna know who would be willing to do all the work to put in everything in prod how much they want to be paid and how long they think itll take
    It was deleted because you cannot deal stuff on MPGH unless its through the marketplace, so offering money for source code in this regular section just like you are right now, isn't allowed, as it will most likely do nothing but make people contact you with intentions of scamming you, and then you come back to MPGH complaining to MPGH staff about how someone from their site scammed you, and basically they just want to avoid all that nonsense so they make it a rule and delete threads like this.

As you can see, if you took a look around the section, there's not much activity here, so the chances of finding someone who is willing to fully decorate a source with all of prods content up to this day, is pretty low, its soooooooooo much work, especially since all the dungeons are end game dungeons and all the items have special effects and bonuses and are usually part of a set and theres just basically way too much work to do this, the price would be pretty high considering you are asking for about a good few months worth of work, takes a few weeks for most people to perfect a behavior and map to match prods mainly because of the amount of testing that needs to be done, and they got some complicated behaviors, like Lost Halls, Crystal and Fungal Cavern, ETC.. Some complicated items too even, with new effects like changing your character skin, giving stat boosts when you get hit by an enemy, ETC.

Basically it is a lot of damn work and you would have to offer a lot of money for anyone to even consider it, and with the amount of activity in the private server community, finding someone who would even consider it is going to be hard.

Your best bet is to buy a source that someone has already made and is selling (there are a few, just look around and ask private server disc0rds, you will be pointed in the right direction, although these sources for sale wont be prod inspired, most of these sources are custom and unique with lots of custom content and unique items not related to prod) or you can learn how to set up "Fabiano Swagger of Doom" source, because thats the closest public source you will get to match prod, even though it will be missing a lot of prods newest dungeons and items, its the closest you can get using a public source.
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-09-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    It was deleted because you cannot deal stuff on MPGH unless its through the marketplace, so offering money for source code in this regular section just like you are right now, isn't allowed, as it will most likely do nothing but make people contact you with intentions of scamming you, and then you come back to MPGH complaining to MPGH staff about how someone from their site scammed you, and basically they just want to avoid all that nonsense so they make it a rule and delete threads like this.

As you can see, if you took a look around the section, there's not much activity here, so the chances of finding someone who is willing to fully decorate a source with all of prods content up to this day, is pretty low, its soooooooooo much work, especially since all the dungeons are end game dungeons and all the items have special effects and bonuses and are usually part of a set and theres just basically way too much work to do this, the price would be pretty high considering you are asking for about a good few months worth of work, takes a few weeks for most people to perfect a behavior and map to match prods mainly because of the amount of testing that needs to be done, and they got some complicated behaviors, like Lost Halls, Crystal and Fungal Cavern, ETC.. Some complicated items too even, with new effects like changing your character skin, giving stat boosts when you get hit by an enemy, ETC.

Basically it is a lot of damn work and you would have to offer a lot of money for anyone to even consider it, and with the amount of activity in the private server community, finding someone who would even consider it is going to be hard.

Your best bet is to buy a source that someone has already made and is selling (there are a few, just look around and ask private server disc0rds, you will be pointed in the right direction, although these sources for sale wont be prod inspired, most of these sources are custom and unique with lots of custom content and unique items not related to prod) or you can learn how to set up "Fabiano Swagger of Doom" source, because thats the closest public source you will get to match prod, even though it will be missing a lot of prods newest dungeons and items, its the closest you can get using a public source.
    Thank you for the advice I was hoping for whoever if anyone would wanna do it would make an offer just so I could have a estimate I actually was considering asking to buy a few peoples sources so I could just mess around with all the content but its the people with more popular sources and I just figured they wouldnt trust me with their source cause they dont know me and I could leak it even though I would never do that maybe I can just ask and try but I doubt theyll say yes also I cant get scammed if I get a middle man I thought plus isnt that the rule if you buy anything you need a middle man I think it says that in the rules but anyways thanks for your time though I appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond to my posts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Thank you for the advice I was hoping for whoever if anyone would wanna do it would make an offer just so I could have a estimate I actually was considering asking to buy a few peoples sources so I could just mess around with all the content but its the people with more popular sources and I just figured they wouldnt trust me with their source cause they dont know me and I could leak it even though I would never do that maybe I can just ask and try but I doubt theyll say yes also I cant get scammed if I get a middle man I thought plus isnt that the rule if you buy anything you need a middle man I think it says that in the rules but anyways thanks for your time though I appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond to my posts
    Yeah its just that you have to make offers to trade/sell/buy in the forums marketplace only, there is a rotmg marketplace in the main rotmg seciton as well. But the chances of finding someone whos willing to do what youre requesting, is very low I'd say.

You can also ask people for sources because some of them use public sources that already have lots of content, which is what you can do, you wont have all the newest items and dungeons and other content prod has now, but you will have plenty to play around with even if you used a prebuilt source like FSoD or NR-Core.

This section is just dead so it is hard to get into private servers, I am actually in the middle of creating a private server directory of some sort so that private servers can hopefully become trending again and the community can become active again, whether its on MPGH or the website I am in the middle of creating (Check my signature). I just love the game and the creativity that private server sources offer, and don't like how the section isn't active, because once these few 3-4 servers that are online right now, get shut down, private servers most likely won't be a thing any more, unless someone gets the private server scene active again.
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-09-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by 01000011 01010000 View Post
    What you're asking for is very easy. Come to think about it I have around 4-5 sources that are up to date.
    You have 4-5 sources that have every single prod item, every single prod set, every single prod skin, every single prod dungeon including Lost Halls, Cultist, The Void, Fungal Cavern, Crystal Cavern, The Nest, every single prod realm event including Sentry, Queen bee, Alien invasions, Keyper, fully functioning Campaign event system, new GUI integrated for shop? Fully functioning tinkerer and mystery box? Even bard class?

Because thats what we are talking about when we say up to date source I assume the OP is looking for it 1) host a server or 2) so that he can experience all the parts of prod that he cannot experience on actual prod due to lack of money/skill, but I am not talking about a few edited FSoD/NRCores that have the classical items and dungeons + some unique content on top of that, because if we are talking about that, there are hundreds of sources to choose from all over ****** that all the public servers have been using for the past few years. Even NONE of the public servers out and about, even the most popular ones, aren't "fully updated to prod", since they all decided it was not worth going out of their way to add all the new dungeons and new items prod decided to create, and thought it was better off if they made only custom dungeons and custom items that they thought of, since DECA will personally target your server if it is 1) online and 2) you are stealing assets from their current updates.

The section is dead, nobody posts private servers here any more, nobody posts source codes any more, nobody posts tutorials any more and nobody even posts discussion posts any more, eventually the help request section will 100% die as well.. pretty much if you aren't already in the private server community (in private server disc0rds basically) it's hard to find private servers to begin with, which is exactly what the project I am working on aims to do, replace what this MPGH section failed to do, provide an active up-to-date private server directory that will always remain updated with the latest and most popular servers, and also provide a section where a new source code will be released that I am calling Retro source code, and hopefully people use my source code to create more private servers under the intent of reliving classing realm, as that is what the Retro source code is based on, classic realm. (Before backpacks, before pet yard, ammys still revive you, before stat tabs were even added, that version of classic realm..) Attempting to kickstart a 2nd pserver era basically, since pservers have already been a thing since 2012 and have been very, very, very popular for coming onto 8 years now, but are slowly dying down, with about only 3-4 servers living without worries of shutting down/going under, and since this section is dead, how will private servers stay alive once those remaining 3-4 online private servers go offline for good? My website I am making is how.. I think it will be a fun project.
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-10-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Yes i do. Bard class I just a new stat. I use the original flash client. I can use the Unity client if i want to. The stuff you're talking about isnt even hard to do. You have been doing this shit for a long time. How come that you can't do this?
    I can do it, that's not what I am talking about though.

Looking at all of these professional developers who host private servers for hundreds of players, it takes them about 2 months to create end-game dungeons, perfecting the map and perfecting the behaviors to match prod. And unless you add every prod item when prod adds it, you would be so far behind in terms of items it would take a good week or two adding all of prods items, just because of how repetitive adding items is you would need breaks every now and then. I suppose if you feel like not taking a break, you can add every single prod item in one night. As for the dungeons, that is the hard work, I highly doubt you have all of prods dungeons on your source fully functional.

Basically you're asking me to believe you have a fully updated source that has every single dungeon and item that prod has, all the content prod has over the time period of hundreds of builds such as Shop+Campaign, all of the new skins including ST skins, all items having the special effects such as "When taking damage, 5% chance to get +20 dex" on certain ST items, working tinkerer, functioning daily calendar, EVERYTHING THAT PROD HAS..., considering the last released closest prod source was FSoD (and all dungeons and items weren't even included in this source STILL), which is a source portraying about a hundred builds ago.. youre asking me to believe you have that, when these publicly hosted servers that have been up for years and have 100~ daily players, don't even have that...

Sorry it is just hard to believe someone would go through that time and work if they are not hosting a server, and seeing that no servers online RN even have all of prods content, it makes believing you even harder lmao I am just not convinced, but GG to you if you really have done what you say you done, because like you said I have been doing this for a long time and I know the amount of time and effort it would take to do what I am talking about..

Also there is no public unity source, you would have to create one from scratch yourself.
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-10-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Basically what Riigged said.

Also for what you're asking for, there's pretty much a 99.99% chance whoever contacts you has the intention of scamming you and/or have malicious intents to collect any personal information.

Plus the very essence of selling source code is a bit sketchy unless you yourself are willing to go through it all and make sure it's not malicious.

It's why we have all these rules when it comes to anything that involves money, trading and files.
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Okay.. clearly we are on different things.. I am talking about a source that matches prod 1:1, not just you downloading the latest static.dri***** page and importing it into your client causing you to get all prods items. I am also talking about dungeons, and interactive content, not JUST items.

And whatever it is you mentioned about using Unity, that is not possessing a Unity client that functions with your server, that is just redirecting requests to make stuff load, but is said stuff loading properly without problems? Most likely not.
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-10-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Okay.. clearly we are on different things.. I am talking about a source that matches prod 1:1, not just you downloading the latest static.dri***** page and importing it into your client causing you to get all prods items. I am also talking about dungeons, and interactive content, not JUST items.

And whatever it is you mentioned about using Unity, that is not possessing a Unity client that functions with your server, that is just redirecting requests to make stuff load, but is said stuff loading properly without problems? Most likely not.
    hey whats this "not just you downloading the latest static.dri***** page and importing it into your client causing you to get all prods items." it seems like it would be a pain to find someone to do all the work so i decided i would try to add all prod items my self and pay someone for behaviors cause thats my main problem anyways I know most the basics but to me it sounds like that would be a easy way to just add every item or maybe i didnt understand right but if i did can you make a tutorial on that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    hey whats this "not just you downloading the latest static.dri***** page and importing it into your client causing you to get all prods items." it seems like it would be a pain to find someone to do all the work so i decided i would try to add all prod items my self and pay someone for behaviors cause thats my main problem anyways I know most the basics but to me it sounds like that would be a easy way to just add every item or maybe i didnt understand right but if i did can you make a tutorial on that
    When I said that, it isn't really as easy as 1 2 3, unless 1 is downloading the assets, 2 is moving the assets into your source, and 3 is compiling, then sure, it is as easy as 1 2 3, as long as you do all 3 of those things right, basically.

I believe he was referring to a program like this, https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1274377 , where all you have to do is, like he said, click a button to get all of prods items, but AFAIK it is not possible to click a button and get all of prods items implemented into your source ready to use them all right off the bat, your best bet is to download all of prods items, and slowly add some in each at a time, I cannot recall anybody ever adding in every single asset in ONE build without errors, so its best to take your time when adding in new items and sprites.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You said that it takes ages to add items, i just stated i have a one click application to add items. I have a behavior ripper and a map ripper program.
    Packages/Mboxes are also one click. Same with login calendar. I dont know what you're talking about.

Theres a difference between downloading assets online and actually putting those assets to use in your source... I am trying my best here to not come off as a dick but it is I that does not know what you are talking about... I was under the impression that OP wanted a FULL 1:1 source compared to production source, which is why I said it takes a lot of time, you have to create maps and behaviors, implement all the sprites and XMLs, and thats just for dungeons and items, not even the actual interactive content such as the Shop and Campaign and Tinkerer and Daily Log-in Calendar and so on!

It takes time to replicate prod, here you are saying all you have to do is click a button and your source is in the same state as productions source which is impossible... I dont know what programs you are talking about where all you do is click a button and then Lost Halls, Cultist Hideout, and The Void has been magically implemented into your source fully functioning scripts and behaviors and the rest, but it doesn't exist.

You may be talking about downloading assets off of static.dri*****, ripping maps using K-Relay and what-not, but that's nothing compared to the steps you have to take to progress your source into being even somewhat similar to the state that prods source is in, which is what I was talking about in this whole post, the WHOLE contents of prod, not just downloading its assets like you mentioned, downloading the assets is not making your source prod-like, sure, its halfway prod-like when you add all of prods newest assets, but you still got quite some work to do after that..

Anyways, instead of constantly repeating yourself talking about these programs, why not share your knowledge with the OP since clearly you have what the OP is looking for.. help someone instead of saying the same exact message 6 times in a row when clearly I understood what you meant the first time because I am not an idiot and highly skilled when it comes to the RotMG field yet you are talking to me like I don't know what map rippers and asset grabbers are..
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-10-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    hey while i have you here do you know how i could fix this its in valor realm source in intellij IDEA project. i get this error and it has nothing to do with how i set it up cause its set up the same way i always did i even made a tutorial on how to set it up i just have no idea what to do I get webmain.swf but when i open it flash crashes right away and i went to where it said and static lin runtime shared is set to true

Warning:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: This compilation unit did not have a factoryClass specified in Frame metadata to load the configured runtime shared libraries. To compile without runtime shared libraries either set the -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries option to true or remove the -runtime-shared-libraries option.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    hey while i have you here do you know how i could fix this its in valor realm source in intellij IDEA project. i get this error and it has nothing to do with how i set it up cause its set up the same way i always did i even made a tutorial on how to set it up i just have no idea what to do I get webmain.swf but when i open it flash crashes right away and i went to where it said and static lin runtime shared is set to true

Warning:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: This compilation unit did not have a factoryClass specified in Frame metadata to load the configured runtime shared libraries. To compile without runtime shared libraries either set the -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries option to true or remove the -runtime-shared-libraries option.
    Press CTRL+Shift+Alt+S and then look for this..

If static-link-runtime-shared-libraries is = to false, set it = to true instead and then save and re-compile the client source.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Press CTRL+Shift+Alt+S and then look for this..

If static-link-runtime-shared-libraries is = to false, set it = to true instead and then save and re-compile the client source.
    so I did that and it worked but now i have a screen like this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    so I did that and it worked but now i have a screen like this

If it is infinitely "loading..." and never changes to "load error, retrying...", it might be a firewall issue blocking the connection, try turning your firewall off.'

If that doesn't work I really don't know what the issue would be, never used the source before...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast