Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

when did wearing face masks become so political in the us

i honestly dont think anti-maskers existed pre-2020, the same way flat-earthers didnt exist until 2016

- - - Updated - - -

also why are both groups of thinker such big conspiracy theorists

anti-maskers think its the devil or the government brain washing us

flat-earthers think its nasa trying to steal our money

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    In society there is generally a group of dumb fucks

One dumb fuck made it political and his name is Donald Trump

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

boy (07-12-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    In society there is generally a group of dumb fucks

One dumb fuck made it political and his name is Donald Trump
    the greatest part about that is that its the dumb fuck supporters that vote more often than any other group

even with all the extremely racist shit hes been saying and denial of listening to his government officials and doctors and scientists and engineers and fighting a case for TAX EVASION (ironic af) they still vote more often than any other group

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I love the poorly educated.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    I think it comes down more to people feeling that they are being forced to do something that they aren't use to. Like its a change for society and not everyone is very accepting to it at first but over time they will

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I feel I fall into different spectrums for different policies. I'm not a fan of the government telling me I must do anything. Whether that's wearing a mask, paying taxes (esp if I don't make income), or that I must do something or live somewhere.

That being said, I wear a mask to protect myself and protect others, but ideally I should be able to choose if I want to do something or not if the only risk is only to my own health. I'm not a fan of a COVID-19 vaccine either being rushed through safety measurements and being injected into everyone. I'm not anti-vax but I think my inner "hacker anarchist" starts shooting off red flags anytime I think about the entire world being injected with a single variation of some drug w/o fully understanding the risk of side effects.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Cursed (07-14-2020),Matthew (07-14-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    That being said, I wear a mask to protect myself and protect others, but ideally I should be able to choose if I want to do something or not if the only risk is only to my own health. I'm not a fan of a COVID-19 vaccine either being rushed through safety measurements and being injected into everyone. I'm not anti-vax but I think my inner "hacker anarchist" starts shooting off red flags anytime I think about the entire world being injected with a single variation of some drug w/o fully understanding the risk of side effects.
    i can see where you're coming at, i used to live in a dorm with curfew and bed times and times you should be out of bed, that being said; students who fell into the "entrapment mindset" found it very hard to live there, "im an adult i should do shit on my own time and be able to schedule things myself" but other students found it very comforting that structure is given so they can focus on more important things instead of managing their time, the freedom of choice is very illusive and depending on HOW you think about the rules and restrictions can make you feel more claustrophobic or not

also i'm sort of with you on the vaccine thing, usually there's 1 phase of testing, wait a few months, test it on a 2nd group, wait a few months, test on a 3rd group, wait like a year check for any kind of side effects or changes in hormones, blood, anything. i don't like how we're kind of forgetting about WHY these safeguards are put in place and many side effects might possibly be brushed off just to get the economy back in order again.

that being said, the economy does need a vaccine to get people comfortable and moving again, especially students; we're like the after thought and nobody is really paying attention to the students falling behind because of this (but i also fucking hate how trump demands schools to be open by threatening to cut their funding)

Thanks
    Have not been really keep up to date with the current research , but I heard most of the masks that 95% of people wear don't do much anyways. Has to be the proper type and properly fitted not some random shit you bought off offerup

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeTeam View Post
    Have not been really keep up to date with the current research , but I heard most of the masks that 95% of people wear don't do much anyways. Has to be the proper type and properly fitted not some random shit you bought off offerup
    that research that you read up on is partly true but i think 95% is very exaggerated;

proper masks are medical grade and not these cheap $5 for 3 cloth masks, also, masks with valves on them defeat the purpose of a filter. you can wear a medical grade mask a couple of times before disposal i'd say about 4-5 times should be the max and you should still be washing your hands and groceries, a mask is not full proof if youre just going to touch everything and rub your eyes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bou View Post

that research that you read up on is partly true but i think 95% is very exaggerated;

proper masks are medical grade and not these cheap $5 for 3 cloth masks, also, masks with valves on them defeat the purpose of a filter. you can wear a medical grade mask a couple of times before disposal i'd say about 4-5 times should be the max and you should still be washing your hands and groceries, a mask is not full proof if youre just going to touch everything and rub your eyes
    Ah , that makes sense. And honestly when i'm wearing a mask it makes me touch my face way more for some reason. Very annoying.