Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

quitting addiction, any advice

i quit my addictions through rehab, exercise and a good support group;

but my brother is still very addicted to some bad shit and i told him my experience and my steps but he refuses to admit he's addicted, doesn't want to go to rehab and (imo) has a bad group of enablers

any advice?

Thanks
    The first step is realizing you have an addiction. After that you need to train your mind to know that you don't need whatever the addictive substance/activity is and go from there, rehab/support groups/etc. But if he doesn't want to realize he has an addiction than that's the number one problem and its a bad one because it will lead him down a bad road until reality kicks in, death.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I would say to try and find something else addictive and get hooked on it, and I mean something thats positive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bou View Post
    i quit my addictions through rehab, exercise and a good support group;

but my brother is still very addicted to some bad shit and i told him my experience and my steps but he refuses to admit he's addicted, doesn't want to go to rehab and (imo) has a bad group of enablers

any advice?
    Dont listen to anybody here, take my advice as I have gone through it and came out on the other side, I am still an addict however I know myself better now and know the negatives of a continued drug use. The addict has an addictive personality, they get addicted to things and detachment gets hard. I refused to believe I had a problem for my first two stays at rehab and wilderness respectively. Some of it had to do with my age as kids are generally more stubborn but I know for a fact that there are people who refuse to change and there is nothing to do about it. NA and AA both say in order to recover you must come to terms with your problem, and honestly it is very hard to admit you have one, the drug beats your brain into submission, you get physical sensations when going without it for too long, you feel sick and you feel like you can't last the whole withdrawal which is what leads to relapse. Having a good support group is okay, as long as your support group consists of sober people for the first few years of your sobriety, it is hard for me personally to go to a party or a bar. so I put myself away from those positions. Having a higher power so that you don't have to put all the load on you, having sober friends you can call at any time when the depression hits or the withdrawals start it helps so much. Working out isn't a all size fits solution its a good coping method and distraction as you become fitter and better your confidence increases it doesn't change the chemical imbalance that is present, it usually takes rock bottom to change an addict, I've been there to the point in which you realize there is no forward from this, it has become your life and everything you do you get shit for, your parents hate you you steal from them, girls think ur a asshole and ur old friends leave you. Once you understand the damage it causes to the outside you can understand the damage it causes you, take moral inventory and make amends, tell him to follow the 12 step program, find a higher power to trust and a good sponsor, tell him to cut down sugars and eat better, as long as he is starting to feel better you can lift him outta the mind fog of drugs, they make you lazy and lethargic up untill you gotta get some more. He needs to understand how YOU guys feel about it cause trust me to him nothing is wrong and you guys are haters.

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

AzzyG (07-28-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by sbuj View Post
    He needs to understand how YOU guys feel about it cause trust me to him nothing is wrong and you guys are haters.
    yeah i remember feeling like this and my mom and i have been telling him to smoke weed if it helps ease him because right now he's addicted to meth, benzos, xans, and he does heroin off and on but i feel like weed isnt enough for him and thats why he keeps going up and up on these drugs

its a good thing he doesnt drink because drinking on benzos is a death sentence...

i was thinking about microdosing him on shrooms because there's alot of scientific data saying it helps quit tobacco addiction and for me, personally, microdosing helped me get off of EVERYTHING; prescribed and non-prescribed drugs and even after not microdosing for weeks i dont feel shitty side-effects, only good ones; more energy, better attitude, more charismatic.

i also told my mom to stop coddling him since, as you may know, any money an addict saves is money spent on more drugs, so even though he's having trouble with alot of bills i told my mom that we should only give him advice and help him go through the processes but never give him any cash/pay for his bills

do you think this would be good?

- microdose him (?)
    - let him know we're here to help, but dont give any financial assistance (clothes, bills)
    - smoke weed (instead of the more addictive shit)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bou View Post

yeah i remember feeling like this and my mom and i have been telling him to smoke weed if it helps ease him because right now he's addicted to meth, benzos, xans, and he does heroin off and on but i feel like weed isnt enough for him and thats why he keeps going up and up on these drugs

its a good thing he doesnt drink because drinking on benzos is a death sentence...

i was thinking about microdosing him on shrooms because there's alot of scientific data saying it helps quit tobacco addiction and for me, personally, microdosing helped me get off of EVERYTHING; prescribed and non-prescribed drugs and even after not microdosing for weeks i dont feel shitty side-effects, only good ones; more energy, better attitude, more charismatic.

i also told my mom to stop coddling him since, as you may know, any money an addict saves is money spent on more drugs, so even though he's having trouble with alot of bills i told my mom that we should only give him advice and help him go through the processes but never give him any cash/pay for his bills

do you think this would be good?

- microdose him (?)
    - let him know we're here to help, but dont give any financial assistance (clothes, bills)
    - smoke weed (instead of the more addictive shit)
    Personally, it sounds counterproductive and it is definitely not for all types of the addictive personality however, my way was as follows: when I turned 17 I had already been in a fair amount of trouble, I have done multiple drugs at that point, been through rehab etc I was a pillhead as a teen and then a dope as a young adult, what happened to me at age 17 was my dad (who owns a legal dispensary) decided to start providing me with weed, his terms where that I stuck to it solely, never procured anything and also stayed at a one ounce every 2 weeks+ margin, he would give me oil and dabs when I was craving the heavy sedatives but crazy as it sounds it worked for me, I would smoke his weed whenever I wanted to get high and It would get me high, some strains really mimicked the effect of opiates and so it was an easier method of come-down for me, slowly over the years I have been able to taper down on use and now I feel like I can go months without any drug at all. Ive done tons of shrooms and acid, candy flipping and all that shit to try to fix things or hit a breakthrough if you know what i mean. The only real way to deal with a drug addiction (even in my case as I had to do it) is to start living a day at a time. I did a fuckload of NA programs and the likes like the 7 challenges n shit all that gay prevention stuff. But what really matters is 1, harm reduction 2. strong social circle and family and 3. accountability. Harm reduction is a very important thing, in a way its what my dad was doing for me; instead of going out and shooting up I stayed where he knew i was and smoked his stuff in which he had full control over its creation. You need to understand as long as hes 18 and over hes a adult, he can sign himself outta rehab whenever, you need to encourage him to do harm reduction if he really doesnt wnna quit, educate yourselves, have clean needles for him if hes into that but DO NOT enable him! don't give him drug money if he wants drug money tell him to get a job. Strong social circles are major keys, if i did not have my parents being tough and loving to me I would be a goner, it took me till i had my child to understand just how fucking much your parents and all parents go through to raise a child. You should kiss urparents ass every day it is not fucking easy. So TLDR is yes all three of those but i wouldnt do the shrooms n shit

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

Bernard (07-20-2020),boy (07-20-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Honestly we'd need way more info to actually get him some help. But yeah you need to get him to realise what the drugs are doing to his life.

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Mpgh Premium Seller 08-17-2016
    Mpgh News Force (Gaming News) 02-09-2017
    Mpgh News Resignation 06-08-2017
    Realm Of The Mad God Minion 12-11-2017
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

Thanks
    Give him some shrooms. For whatever reason they disable that desire to drink or abuse whatever you're addicted to, and for a day or two it's like you're not even addicted. Along with a little bit of a life style change and some healthier alternatives like working out, or maybe smoking weed, shrooms can certainly be used to bring people off addictions.

Really need to legalize this shit and study / use it for medicine. In terms of medicine it's probably more effective and has more uses than weed. Weed is really just for inflammation, sleep, and to combat the side effects of other medicine or things like chemo.

- - - Updated - - -

So TLDR is yes all three of those but i wouldnt do the shrooms n shit
    Have you ever done shrooms, or been addicted/depressed and done shrooms?

From personal experience, and the collective experience of others and the countless studies being conducted on this, I can safely assert psilocybin does temporarily help with the feeling of addiction. If you microdosed for an extended period of time while going through rehab it would certainly be a hell of a lot easier to kick the substance you're addicted to, than it would be with modern alternatives substances and methods of getting clean. The biggest problem with addicts is they relapse, that's something shrooms can help with because your addiction never goes away it's always there all you're doing is ignoring it or getting to a point your mind or body isn't craving it 24/7. Introducing something like shrooms makes that craving, addiction, desire, fade away and easier to manage, in combination with other things like a life style change, shrooms could help millions of people kick their addictions and stay clean much easier and more effectively.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    Give him some shrooms. For whatever reason they disable that desire to drink or abuse whatever you're addicted to, and for a day or two it's like you're not even addicted. Along with a little bit of a life style change and some healthier alternatives like working out, or maybe smoking weed, shrooms can certainly be used to bring people off addictions.

Really need to legalize this shit and study / use it for medicine. In terms of medicine it's probably more effective and has more uses than weed. Weed is really just for inflammation, sleep, and to combat the side effects of other medicine or things like chemo.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever done shrooms, or been addicted/depressed and done shrooms?

From personal experience, and the collective experience of others and the countless studies being conducted on this, I can safely assert psilocybin does temporarily help with the feeling of addiction. If you microdosed for an extended period of time while going through rehab it would certainly be a hell of a lot easier to kick the substance you're addicted to, than it would be with modern alternatives substances and methods of getting clean. The biggest problem with addicts is they relapse, that's something shrooms can help with because your addiction never goes away it's always there all you're doing is ignoring it or getting to a point your mind or body isn't craving it 24/7. Introducing something like shrooms makes that craving, addiction, desire, fade away and easier to manage, in combination with other things like a life style change, shrooms could help millions of people kick their addictions and stay clean much easier and more effectively.
    yes to both, nah IMO i go through a temporary phase of "change" but then go back to my actual self if u get that. I am an addict been through recovery, I know what worked for me, shrooms might not be for everyone

Thanks

yes to both, nah IMO i go through a temporary phase of "change" but then go back to my actual self if u get that. I am an addict been through recovery, I know what worked for me, shrooms might not be for everyone
    That's cool, how about not discrediting something that has evidence to support the claims it helps for this specific circumstance.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...reat-addiction
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    That's cool, how about not discrediting something that has evidence to support the claims it helps for this specific circumstance.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...reat-addiction
    im not discrediting anything.. if you can read you understand what "works for me" and "definitely not for all types" is not the equivalent of discrediting the entire thing, It did not work for me thats all there is to it, what might work for some doesn't work for all, I am not sure what kinda arguement you are tryna create from something that really shouldn't even be argued

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

boy (07-23-2020),Matthew (07-22-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I don't use, so I will add what I can. Usually, there is a cue that will make your brother start "using." Might be friends, anxiety, stress, sadness, etc. See what he is doing before he starts using and try to replace that with something positive. Create a new habit loop. Make him give up his old habit by training him to start doing something else when he has an urge. About the only thing I have to add.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Man i'm lucky enough not to get addicted to anything, seems so stupidly hard to get out of it tho, gl!
    I like fruits!
    Enjoy your life, you don't know how short it might be~

Ech maachen just dës Idioten :^)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
    Man i'm lucky enough not to get addicted to anything, seems so stupidly hard to get out of it tho, gl!
    everyone gets addicted to one thing or another whether it be games, tv, movies, music or whatever

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Jov (07-26-2020)

Thanks

Can confirm they are not for everyone. Had a solid 6-7 good trips before they affected me very negatively.

Pro-tip: Might not want to argue with dab, he doesn't understand logic.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaydow For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Jov (07-26-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast