Hi all, I'm modding a game (Fall Guys) to fix some bugs or introduce new features that are completely client sided (Full screen, audio volume, razer chroma support). The mods that I do involve dll injection and trampoline functions to divert actual game code into my own function calls. My question is what would BattleEye's stance on this be? I'm unsure how it works exactly so I'm not sure if these mods would trigger a ban or if it's only triggering bans based on network packets manipulation.
Here's the full detailed version:
I'm trying to Enable Razer Chroma Support in Fall Guys. I've wrote an Injection Hook (****** ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader) that uses and Jumps to hook not into the EXE, but into GameAssembly.dll (since it's a mono Unity game). What I do is modify certain parts of the code (5 bytes at a time) to jump to my function, execute it, and then go back to game code. My function only reads the "thisptr" from the RCX register and stores it so that I can monitor what screen I'm on right now, and display colors on my keyboard accordingly.
Will this modification account as a cheat?