Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Have Been Having Issues With a Minion

Hello. Recently, I've been having issues with the minion in charge of the RotMG section. If you guys have any kind of logging history of what goes on in each section, you will be able to see that my thread was closed yesterday by the minion: Kate. What's even worse is the reason behind why my thread was closed. As I am well aware how reputable this site is (I also have lots of respect for it), I don't think that ANY minion should resort to CLOSING A USERS ENTIRE THREAD after a few "rude" messages which were only sent as a response to the rude messages which were received. Furthermore, the thread was not in anyway requested to be closed by me. Also, Kate has been very irresponsible offsite. Not only has she shown me parts of the MPGH staff *******, but has also used VERY racist language to talk to me and other peers. Racist language including COUNTLESS uses of the N-word. Over the past few days, Kate and I have had many arguments on other platforms and each time, she threatens to do something to my MPGH account. It started off with small threats to change my username, then it escalated to damaging my thread and reputation on the site. At last, it escalated to Kate closing my thread without permission. When I requested help, what did Kate do? She marked it as shitpost. These actions show COMPLETE irresponsibility on the part of MPGH staff, in this case, a Minion.

For some of these instances, I unfortunately cannot provide proof for due to it being deleted.

I hope that you guys take a look at this and come to the decision that this kind of irresponsibility, whether on or off the site, should not be tolerated. @Sheep Brain has asked me to tag him in this request because he also had a few things to add regarding Kate's inability to represent the site properly.

(The uploaded files are not all the proof I can provide. Can provide more upon request.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    kate2.jpg  

kate.jpg  

Last edited by Simple; 09-08-2020 at 11:11 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:

Ash (11-28-2020),Felix (09-09-2020),k1ng31ayer (09-09-2020),KandyM (09-15-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    These accusations seem pretty serious as they are and action will definitely be taken if there's wrongdoing found. I apologize that you had to deal with something like this.

Are there any additional instances of issues or proof/screenshots that you can provide? Basically asking for anything else that I can look into. Can you include a screenshot of the actual ID for Dis cord?

Seems like the closed thread you're talking about was closed and then opened again a few minutes later.

@Simple
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

Dagger (09-09-2020),[MPGH]Hero (09-09-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    https://imgur.com/a/pBdr9xK - ID

https://imgur.com/a/4tuHzcl - Racist Remarks

https://imgur.com/a/i3ZrKjU - Threats

https://imgur.com/a/FmBcwMV - No Remorse WHATSOEVER

For the staff disc issue, I have no proof anymore. But, how would I know of its existence? How would I know that she isn't allowed to show it to me unless she explicitly discussed it with me?
    @Flengo
    Are you looking for Realm Items at the best price?

Accepting PayPal!

Selling Decas/ST's | Oryx3 Runs | Maxing | Dungeon Runs | Duping | And Much More!

ST's/Decas - 0.25 to 0.15 | 8/8 - $8.00 , 6/8 - $6.00 | Duping Standard | IM for more Info!

Maxing:

8/8 Maxing : $8.00 6/8 Maxing : $6.00

Deca and ST Shop:

Decas : $0.25 Ea. - $0.15 ea. ST's : $0.25 Ea. - $0.15 ea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    For the staff disc issue, I have no proof anymore. But, how would I know of its existence?
    What was shown of it? PM me that.

You got anything to say @Kate

VM | PM | IM
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    All I wanted to add was how careless she is when she approves thread in the marketplace. I worked hard when I was staff to keep that marketplace safe, clean and more importantly, well regulated.

Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5

5 threads that I've found that broke one or more rules following proof required to be posted to the marketplace. One of them even had his Disc.ord in the image (it took a week before it was fixed). All these were within the last 2 weeks which is unacceptable because you've been staff for more than 2 months now, especially since this is one of the most inactive sections. It only takes a minute to look over the proof pics which clearly you can't/haven't done. Not only that but she approves threads with no contact method or IM hyperlink added which can lead to multiple issues. There has been threads overlooked quite a bit (would have to dig for them). I won't comment on off-site behavior because that's just all banter and irrelevant to her actual job/this report in my opinion.

I'll give a little context because I assumed that is what was going to be asked of me over IM. Simple came to me on Disc.ord and asked me a few questions about RotMG things and one thing led to another and we were discussing Kate. That's when he told me about her behavior, possible leaks, etc. I asked him to gather proof of anything and show me and I'd help him make sure it was taken care of. Obviously some proof was deleted but from what he told me in DM just the Disc.ord server was leaked, he can tell you in detail what he saw but I don't remember that specific part being there but somewhere else (on site).
    @Flengo @Simple
    Last edited by Matthew; 09-09-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    What was shown of it? PM me that.

Sent it @Flengo . Appreciate your patience through this case.
    Are you looking for Realm Items at the best price?

Accepting PayPal!

Selling Decas/ST's | Oryx3 Runs | Maxing | Dungeon Runs | Duping | And Much More!

ST's/Decas - 0.25 to 0.15 | 8/8 - $8.00 , 6/8 - $6.00 | Duping Standard | IM for more Info!

Maxing:

8/8 Maxing : $8.00 6/8 Maxing : $6.00

Deca and ST Shop:

Decas : $0.25 Ea. - $0.15 ea. ST's : $0.25 Ea. - $0.15 ea.

Thanks
    To plainly put it out, it's banter. Of course, it wasn't right of me to close @Simple 's sales thread just for the sole purpose to show who I said I was, but I never intended to leave that sales thread down for over 10 minutes. I never intended to "ruin or vandalize Simple's reputation" besides banter I've done in Realm of the Mad God-related Disc ords to call him a simp. My only frustration that came out of Simple and I talking happened due to his incessant pings about him calling me Matthew's GF, and how he kept getting pissed off about how I didn't want to talk more about him, which is why Simple wanted to talk to Matthew. In fact, we were on good terms enough for me to tell Simple that I can put in a good word for him if I ever get demoted as MPGH, after telling him he gave me headaches, having to delete his shitposts on multiple threads (those can be seen in the Duping thread, RotMG exalt thread, and other places as well.)

And yes, I did refer to Simple as the n-word in the RotMG-related Disc ord, but sincerely, that was both fun and both used in arguments in which I did not mean to insinuate that I am "on that side of the political graph." If anything, that's not to disparage MPGH as the Disc ord server these messages were sent through are not affiliated with MPGH, and rather a rival to our current contributor to hacks, 059, where either way no one is directly affiliated with any group besides RotMG. I agree, the use of the n-word was bad and unprofessional, however I did not think that such banter away from MPGH would affect someone on MPGH, which is why all was said and done.

Furthermore, the supposed "leak" of the Staff Disc ord was nothing more than a screenshot of everyone in the Disc ord. No invites, no explicit information. The most I have said, and I can even provide my proof on this side, is 1) showing the first rule of the Disc ord under #rules, which is why I stopped talking about it, and 2) showing who was in the Disc ord in the form of a screenshot of those in the online tab at the right. Any files, links, general chat, and invites were not shown. I made sure to say that I wouldn't speak anymore about the Disc ord, and again, only gave those two screenshots. Nothing more was shown, nor was anything else said.

In response to Matthew's response, I agree that some threads I had approved did not meet specific guidelines. The only way I can excuse that is my problem overlooking what users had over what the user did not have. I do not agree with, however, that just because I worked for two months means that I should somehow be an expert at approving marketplace threads, especially since barely any get sent in (like you said, one of the more inactive sections of MPGH). After the messy few that DID get through and had problems with, which I dealt with accordingly, shown in their closed status and proofs in the main thread, I did not approve a single thread after that that did not meet the specific guidelines. I learned from those mistakes and was able to continue that further into my work. I do not believe that a month and twenty-four days moderating a fairly inactive section should make me some master moderator. I saw my problems in my work and was able to fix that, which Matthew doesn't seem to acknowledge in his post.

Overall, I understand my wrongdoings and will not further commit to those wrongdoings. However, I don't believe my persona completely outside of MPGH should be judged for my ability to run my section, considering that my persona outside of MPGH is a meme. I think Simple can honestly say that I've never spoken a more serious tone as this outside of MPGH. I have done wrong, but evaluating the situation honestly, it's been nothing but banter and raillery.
    @Flengo
    Last edited by Kate; 09-09-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    Premium Member | June 29, 2016
    Aura to Kate | January 2, 2018
    Realm of the Mad God Minion | July 16, 2020 - Present

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post

In response to Matthew's response, I agree that some threads I had approved did not meet specific guidelines. The only way I can excuse that is my problem overlooking what users had over what the user did not have. I do not agree with, however, that just because I worked for two months means that I should somehow be an expert at approving marketplace threads, especially since barely any get sent in (like you said, one of the more inactive sections of MPGH). After the messy few that DID get through and had problems with, which I dealt with accordingly, shown in their closed status and proofs in the main thread, I did not approve a single thread after that that did not meet the specific guidelines. I learned from those mistakes and was able to continue that further into my work. I do not believe that a month and twenty-four days moderating a fairly inactive section should make me some master moderator. I saw my problems in my work and was able to fix that, which Matthew doesn't seem to acknowledge in his post.
    No, you're right being 2 months at staff doesn't make you a master by any means but it should give you ample time to read not only the staff specific rules (which you broke) and the section/site-wide rules (which you clearly can't abide by/enforce). I look at it further than this, you've been a member on this site for 5 years now so you should especially know the rules of the section you applied for. Especially since you've posted in the marketplace before so I think that excuse is a minuscule point. When you became staff I literally told you to read/edit all the stickies so your name was the one mentioned in it not mine (so users weren't contacting me). Clearly you did edit them but I guess not read them? Your job as staff member is not just abiding by the rules but enforcing them and setting an example for MPGH through your actions as staff. But my points are nothing more than my opinion but I think you are heavily at fault in this situation, banter aside of course. Also just to clarify, you are bound to staff secrecy and while you might think what you did wasn't major, it is. Sure you showed him a rule, sure you showed him who was in it, but that server was created as a medium for the chat to chat privately. No ordinary member should know who is in there or what there disc names are.

I was also thinking about how you can provide "proof" of the leaks. I talked to Simple and he said you removed the pics so I don't understand how you would still have proof that only those 2 images were sent to him. What could stop you from going and taking 2 more snaps of that and showing that as your proof. Or did you save it because you knew what you were doing was wrong and needed a scapegoat later.
    Last edited by Matthew; 09-09-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Overall, I understand my wrongdoings and will not further commit to those wrongdoings.
    Yeah you sure won't be doing any of that

You clearly threatened and abused your power against a member and "banter" isn't really an explanation for that. Also, leaking anything is still leaking and it's strictly forbidden. You also never move deleted threads to the archive, but you deleted his post against you under a false reason and deliberately tried to hide it by moving it to the archive.

Demotion is clear, set ban for 1 year for now might change depending on consensus from other admins.

VM | PM | IM
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Member Since 05.11.2010

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

Ally (09-10-2020),Ash (11-28-2020),Charion (09-18-2020),Dagger (09-09-2020),Felix (09-10-2020),Hentai (09-18-2020),[MPGH]Hero (09-09-2020),Kate (04-04-2023),Luverdark (09-09-2020),MarketMan (10-14-2020),Matthew (09-09-2020),RespectNF (09-13-2020),ScuffedSteveJobs (10-03-2020),Simple (09-09-2020),[MPGH]Time (09-09-2020),ZoomSE (12-03-2020)