Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Way to bypass Steam's new region change policy

Many of you have heard that they introduced a new policy to outright ban the method of using VPN to change your region store. Now you need to use a payment method from that country in order to change country. I know there are prepaid debit cards out there but how and where do you get your hands on them?

Anyone have the slightest idea to get around that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    using VPN and paying by papal
    Add me on IM
    Microsoft Wholesale Seller
    Windows 10 USB / Windows Server OEM DVD / COA Sticker / Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019 Retail Boxes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    fr that works? wont u have to switch ur currency on paypal or anything?

Thanks
    vpn and paysafecard and fake id generator xD

Thanks
    Bookmarked, would like to know as well

Thanks
    What I do is:
    1. Create a new Steam account (or use your main) that matches the country you are in or have legit payment options for (in my case, US). This acts as a payment account.
    2. Use a VPN and choose the country you desire to make a Steam account for. Argentina and Russia seem to have the cheapest games. I have both as some games are cheaper in one country than the other and vice versa so you save a lot more by having two accounts.
    3. On your main/payment account, add the account(s) you've just created as friends. Easiest way is using a Friend Code as newly created accounts have limited functionality.
    4. Wait a while (about 3 days I believe) until Steam allows you to send a digital gift card to new accounts.
    5. Log on to your main/payment account and go here and click Send through Steam to purchase a gift card and select your new account. Choose any amount you desire to spend. Put in whatever you want under PERSONALIZE YOUR GIFT WITH A LITTLE NOTE. Click Continue and choose your preferred payment method (I use Paypal).
    6. Once the gift card has been sent, log on to your new account and accept the gift. You will see the amount of money you've received under your account name on the top right in the account's local currency.
    7. Buy something and use wallet balance as a payment method. DONE!

To determine which region to buy each game from, use this extension on Chrome then go to the game's store page and click View on Steam Database. It will list the prices in all currencies.
    The extension also allows you to purchase gift cards in any amount not predetermined by Steam.

Also note that using this method will allow you to share games across any of your accounts just fine so you can still game on your main account as usual but the account(s) you use gift cards to buy on will stay limited since the money comes from your main/payment account and doesn't count towards the $5 USD minimum requirement so it will still not let you do things such as adding friends and creating a group. I've heard that redeeming a physical gift card that matches the account's country works but I have yet to try it so cannot confirm that.

Oh and one more thing. Steam seems to actively detect VPNs, especially well known ones like Nord, Express and such. If detected, you'll be stuck in a captcha loop or it will just flat out say you are unable to make an account. There's really not much you can do but keep changing servers/IPs and hope that it works or find a lesser known VPN.

There are also a few sellers on ebay that sell custom made Steam accounts and gift codes if you want to go that route but figuring out which one to trust is another story.
    Last edited by ldsdrive; 01-19-2021 at 11:00 PM. Reason: More info added.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ldsdrive For This Useful Post:

arsal3 (03-17-2023),cake (03-17-2021),Casper6969 (02-13-2021),nsm9s (01-23-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    steamy account

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldsdrive View Post
    What I do is:
    1. Create a new Steam account (or use your main) that matches the country you are in or have legit payment options for (in my case, US). This acts as a payment account.
    2. Use a VPN and choose the country you desire to make a Steam account for. Argentina and Russia seem to have the cheapest games. I have both as some games are cheaper in one country than the other and vice versa so you save a lot more by having two accounts.
    3. On your main/payment account, add the account(s) you've just created as friends. Easiest way is using a Friend Code as newly created accounts have limited functionality.
    4. Wait a while (about 3 days I believe) until Steam allows you to send a digital gift card to new accounts.
    5. Log on to your main/payment account and go here and click Send through Steam to purchase a gift card and select your new account. Choose any amount you desire to spend. Put in whatever you want under PERSONALIZE YOUR GIFT WITH A LITTLE NOTE. Click Continue and choose your preferred payment method (I use Paypal).
    6. Once the gift card has been sent, log on to your new account and accept the gift. You will see the amount of money you've received under your account name on the top right in the account's local currency.

To determine which region to buy each game from, use this extension on Chrome then go to the game's store page and click View on Steam Database. It will list the prices in all currencies.
    The extension also allows you to purchase gift cards in any amount not predetermined by Steam.

Also note that using this method will allow you to share games across any of your accounts just fine so you can still game on your main account as usual but the account(s) you use gift cards to buy on will stay limited since the money comes from your main/payment account and doesn't count towards the $5 USD minimum requirement so it will still not let you do things such as adding friends and creating a group. I've heard that redeeming a physical gift card that matches the account's country works but I have yet to try it so cannot confirm that.

Oh and one more thing. Steam seems to actively detect VPNs, especially well known ones like Nord, Express and such. If detected, you'll be stuck in a captcha loop or it will just flat out say you are unable to make an account. There's really not much you can do but keep changing servers/IPs and hope that it works or find a lesser known VPN.

There are also a few sellers on ebay that sell custom made Steam accounts and gift codes if you want to go that route but figuring out which one to trust is another story.
    Yeah i've used this method. Can say it works

Thanks
    What I do is:

What is the extension ?
    History On MPGH:
    Member/Account Created: 29/4/2018
    Premium Account: 24/12/2018

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    The method above does work but I would like to mention something else. Maybe attempt to get a refund from the company you've bought your CD-KEY from or simply from now on just search for CD-KEYS in your region (which also matches your region on Steam).
    aaaa

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper6969 View Post
    What is the extension ?
    Aug men ted Steam (No spaces). Not sure why the link comes up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeLife View Post
    The method above does work but I would like to mention something else. Maybe attempt to get a refund from the company you've bought your CD-KEY from or simply from now on just search for CD-KEYS in your region (which also matches your region on Steam).
    What does this achieve? Also, it is fraud so I wouldn't recommend anyone do that.

Thanks

What does this achieve? Also, it is fraud so I wouldn't recommend anyone do that.
    Thanks, but how can you send your arg steam card to EU or USA steam acc? Steam says it can't be done because of the price difference
    History On MPGH:
    Member/Account Created: 29/4/2018
    Premium Account: 24/12/2018

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Bruh what that is not fraud? That's asking for a refund for his un-used CD-key so he could buy a CD-key in his region.
    aaaa

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeLife View Post
    Bruh what that is not fraud? That's asking for a refund for his un-used CD-key so he could buy a CD-key in his region.
    I see. I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casper6969 View Post
    Thanks, but how can you send your arg steam card to EU or USA steam acc? Steam says it can't be done because of the price difference
    No you don't do that. It's the other way around.

You gift Steam wallet credit from your main account to the Argentina account and buy games on there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistPotato View Post
    Many of you have heard that they introduced a new policy to outright ban the method of using VPN to change your region store. Now you need to use a payment method from that country in order to change country. I know there are prepaid debit cards out there but how and where do you get your hands on them?

Anyone have the slightest idea to get around that?
    You could be interested on my service!

There are IMPERSONATORS of me
    Please check the real one { monch0 }!!!!!!!
    [Has no ´ nor ' ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast