Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    I don't spend money, just put it in my bank lmao

Almost 19 now, been working for ~3 years and have saved nearly $50k. Almost through college with 0 debt, hoping to get a good paying job, life is good

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I don't spend money, just put it in my bank lmao

Almost 19 now, been working for ~3 years and have saved nearly $50k. Almost through college with 0 debt, hoping to get a good paying job, life is good
    if i were you i would find better places to put your money than a 0% interest checking account just lyk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boy View Post

if i were you i would find better places to put your money than a 0% interest checking account just lyk
    Yea I wanted to buy an oil stock when Covid originally hit, it crashed to about $5 per share. Now it's thriving at about $17 per share. Rip my bad choices

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Yea I wanted to buy an oil stock when Covid originally hit, it crashed to about $5 per share. Now it's thriving at about $17 per share. Rip my bad choices
    well if youre afraid of risk or "volatility" there are still great very profitable indexes, look up ARK Invest (ARKK, ARKW, etc)

i recommend them because their very new analysts that aren't stuck in oldhead ways, and all of their etf's are up 100%+ this year alone, and on average do about 2-3x better than the sp500
    Last edited by boy; 12-05-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

well if youre afraid of risk or "volatility" there are still great very profitable indexes, look up ARK Invest (ARKK, ARKW, etc)

i recommend them because their very new analysts that aren't stuck in oldhead ways, and all of their etf's are up 100%+ this year alone, and on average do about 2-3x better than the sp500
    I wouldn't really say scared of risk more about just getting into it at such a young age (18 going onto 19). I wanted to invest into Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) several months ago when lockdown was initiated. I also wanted to take the advice of many successful people and that is to invest into the future or technology. That thought led me to start watching Tesla a bit more even though it is a bit more pricey for stock but I do have a nice starting capital. Also on a side not, always thought about Crypto but it seems kind of late to hop on that train

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    I wouldn't really say scared of risk more about just getting into it at such a young age (18 going onto 19). I wanted to invest into Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) several months ago when lockdown was initiated. I also wanted to take the advice of many successful people and that is to invest into the future or technology. That thought led me to start watching Tesla a bit more even though it is a bit more pricey for stock but I do have a nice starting capital. Also on a side not, always thought about Crypto but it seems kind of late to hop on that train
    literally never too late, im sure youve heard most of the investing advice there is but tldr; just get started no matter if its "too high" or not, long term investing always pans out, worst mistake i've constantly seen is

TSLA hits $420 "gonna wait till it hits 380 to buy some more" (never happens)

TSLA hits $480 "gonna wait till it hits 420 to buy some more" (never happens)

TSLA hits $550"gonna wait till it hits 500 to buy some more" (never happens)

and now its $600 and i still see people saying this, meanwhile all their waiting have caught them no gains. just get started asap with the stocks you've really researched in or have a strong belief in; even if it doesnt have a good history as you've probably heard past gains dont represent future gains.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boy For This Useful Post:

CYBERPVNK (12-07-2020),Eternity (12-07-2020),Matthew (12-05-2020),PapaNitsuj (01-14-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

literally never too late, im sure youve heard most of the investing advice there is but tldr; just get started no matter if its "too high" or not, long term investing always pans out, worst mistake i've constantly seen is

TSLA hits $420 "gonna wait till it hits 380 to buy some more" (never happens)

TSLA hits $480 "gonna wait till it hits 420 to buy some more" (never happens)

TSLA hits $550"gonna wait till it hits 500 to buy some more" (never happens)

and now its $600 and i still see people saying this, meanwhile all their waiting have caught them no gains. just get started asap with the stocks you've really researched in or have a strong belief in; even if it doesnt have a good history as you've probably heard past gains dont represent future gains.
    DING DONG THIS IS THE CHONK. I feel into this mode for tesla and never again. I am investing 600 this week since I think some of the companies are going to zoom zoom (after doing a sheet on pros and cons and looking over finances).
    Moderna-their vaccine is much more accessable from what I read, it can be stored in normal freezers. (300 stonks monies, M1)

Wynn- just a smart play tbh. Their is no downside. Their asset and liabilies are so crazy. Juts selling one of their properties will pay off every debt they have (which is not even needed). Plus they have 3.5b in cash so they are gucciiiii.
    Some issues though are: Crona till 2021 end, lack of people traveling, they are taking on more debt to get through corona (which is not something I personally worry about).

What you think about that?
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    I don't know about you, but even after I hit my first million I'm not retiring. In-fact, I'm going even harder. Real Estate never sleeps.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla has not even hit near it's peak dude. It will go up significantly in the next 5 to 10 years.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    Tesla has not even hit near it's peak dude. It will go up significantly in the next 5 to 10 years.
    are you also on the ARK Bull boat? $7500 pre-split price

($1500) in post-split

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERPVNK View Post
    I don't know about you, but even after I hit my first million I'm not retiring. In-fact, I'm going even harder. Real Estate never sleeps.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm more for short term investments, hence the oil stock. I'll see, with the way its going now, an increase/profit within a year or two.

Thanks

are you also on the ARK Bull boat? $7500 pre-split price

($1500) in post-split
    I'm actually not. I should, but my money is currently going towards my Real Estate business as of now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CYBERPVNK For This Useful Post:

boy (12-08-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Have about 47k in stocks diversified across about 45 stocks I chose myself, 140k across 3 CDs, 5k across 3 cryptos, and 1k in my 401k after graduating from college in May. Big sad that I didn't invest in Tesla and sold my Moderna stock wayyy too early. My personally picked stock portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500 for this year so I'm content. Hind sight is always 20/20 and can't always get everything right.

Also as a finance major, just wanted to say time in the market >>> timing the market. The most actively managed funds tend to underperform the S&P in the long term and monkeys throwing darts at a dartboard to choose random stocks out performed. I generally believe in the strong form efficient market hypothesis aka if you outperform, you're either lucky or have insider information because everything is priced in.
    Last edited by Bernard; 12-08-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

boy (12-16-2020)

Thanks

Investing

Not me personally, but a guy who went to my gym regularly (pre-COVID) was hired by Instagram as a developer directly after graduating undergrad. He was there only for a few months as one of their first 2-dozen employees, and then the company got bought out in a massive billions-deal by Facebook. The shares he got as a starting bonus ended up immediately translating to buckets of cash on hand, and even more in Facebook stock that he sells slowly (enough profit to support his annual living expenses). His home and car are bought and paid for, extremely low energy costs due to lots of solar panels and power efficiency upgrades + Tesla car. Probably has some simple tax avoidance schemes set up for the rest of his cash, so the worst he might have to pay is taxes on the home.

That's one way to do it, and pretty much summarizes the wild west of Silicon Valley wealth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    My personally picked stock portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500 for this year so I'm content. Hind sight is always 20/20 and can't always get everything right.

Also as a finance major, just wanted to say time in the market >>> timing the market. The most actively managed funds tend to underperform the S&P in the long term and monkeys throwing darts at a dartboard to choose random stocks out performed.

Hindsight is DEFINITELY important, i always feel somewhat sadistic when I do things like this: https://stockcomps.com/457 Looking at "could've would've should've" moments is literally like gut punching yourself

"time in the market >>> timing the market"
    And yes I've heard this time and time again and I 100% agree, I am a long term investor (I want to learn options eventually although it is a huge gamble, a majority of my friends are up 200% YTD because of wheeling strategies, which in RELATIVITY, is "safe" and they've been doing this for about 3-6 years. So i think after a few months of paper trading and really doing my due diligence on companies, and really understanding leveraging and margin; I'll follow suit with them

And what are your thoughts on ARK Invest's actively managed ETF's? they've have a 5 year winning streak so far and they're the only ETF stock I own and I really think theyre at a very high advantage since they have a whole new approach on the market

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Hindsight is DEFINITELY important, i always feel somewhat sadistic when I do things like this: https://stockcomps.com/457 Looking at "could've would've should've" moments is literally like gut punching yourself

"time in the market >>> timing the market"
    And yes I've heard this time and time again and I 100% agree, I am a long term investor (I want to learn options eventually although it is a huge gamble, a majority of my friends are up 200% YTD because of wheeling strategies, which in RELATIVITY, is "safe" and they've been doing this for about 3-6 years. So i think after a few months of paper trading and really doing my due diligence on companies, and really understanding leveraging and margin; I'll follow suit with them

And what are your thoughts on ARK Invest's actively managed ETF's? they've have a 5 year winning streak so far and they're the only ETF stock I own and I really think theyre at a very high advantage since they have a whole new approach on the market
    Had to google what the wheeling strategy is and based off of this link (https://medium.com/mastering-options...y-5013c9938f4b) my understanding is that wheeling is basically selling contracts to collect premiums and praying that the contracts expire worthless. My finance professors would call this "picking up pennies in front of a steamroller". Generally speaking you should be fine, but one bad trade can absolutely ruin you. But of course if you diversify, can't be too bad.

As for ARK invest, idk much about it. If they got a 5 year winning streak, I assume they're doing something right, though at the same time we were in one of the longest bull markets ever so it's hard to say.

Some other thoughts: With basically near 0% interest rates, there's a lot more money flowing into equity markets because well savings accounts basically don't really earn you jack shit. The dollar is also falling in value against I want to say most major currencies, but inflation hasn't been bad (2% is usually the target inflation rate). The Fed I believe signaled that they're not planning (key word is planning, but they can always change their mind) to increase interest rates until at least 2022. With the Fed buying up so many assets and injecting tons of cash/liquidity into the market, I honestly think stock prices are inflated af. I think as soon as they even THINK about increasing interest rates, other investments are going to look a lot more attractive and money is going to start flowing out of equity and into savings. TLDR: I think Fed free money inflates values of a bunch of assets.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast