Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Costco Mass Rebilling- There is going to be a mass exit scam of refunders very soon.

There will be a massive exodus of refunders, specifically because Costco is rebilling every single order even from way back like in February. They have suspended plenty of memberships and the rebills have started today.

There will be plenty of scam reports that refunders will choose to exit scam over fixing- refunders are responsible because plenty of refunders have explicitly told customers "There is no chance of rebilling, I assure you" or something of that nature. Every major refunder is probably going to exit scam and take their business elsewhere. Costco is just extremely popular.

1) The first major sign was the mass suspension of memberships starting around this month/ October.

2) On November 25, 2020, plenty of people got rebilled. Even for Costco as low as 50$, or as high as 2000$, they are getting rebilled.

3) They are doing this in waves. Obviously they can't rebill thousands of people in a single day, expect much much more rebills in the coming days/weeks.

4) Costco refunding has always been instant until recently. All that happens is there is an algorithm that refunds your order completely after 24hr (besides weekends) of a "scan" of the tracking number. FTID or just regular box, you would get your refund after the label's been scanned.

5) Nearly every Costco refund (in USA/canada) as a status that saids "Return in Progress MM/DD/YYYY". This is not closure- as in the refund is simply processed ONLY because it's an automated system. It doesn't mean Costco even received their return yet or agrees that your return is done and finished. For fucks sake, you could've just sent an empty box and not done any FTID modifications and your refund would've still be processed. It's instant. Costco still didn't get your item, and thus, rebill is imminent.

6) Because of no closure, a few weeks ago, I feared that rebills would start. Every refunder I asked said no rebill no chance. And today, it turned out, rebilling was happening and I was correct.

Feel free to discuss this, it's happening, and it's very real. Prepare to be rebilled by Costco if you've done anything involving returns in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, closing your card and claiming it was lost/stolen won't do anything. They can easily charge through it.

Shutting down credit card (as in, shutting down it entirely and ending your CC account completely) will stop the charge for now, and they may/may not send this to a debt collections agency.
    Last edited by nvidia1232; 11-25-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks
    charge back after you get the rebill no need to worry too much

unathorized charge after it hits.. they will stop if we all do it its a game

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MayanHands View Post

If you dispute and costco decides to counter the dispute with evidence like the tracking number, your bank will easily favor them and authorities can get involved as well since it is considered fraud so I don’t think a simple dispute will do anything. Plus your just asking for banking and authorities to possibly get involved with a bank dispute.

Thanks
    nope you already got a prior refund confirm .. show that to your bank they cant refund then change there mind. thats not how this works and can be equally onsidered fraud on their part. espcially if you ftid correctly they cant prove anything. package got lost in transit and thats not your responsability costco should have had insurance. 9/10 bank will side with you espcially since its months later.. what kind of shitty bank do you have?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MayanHands View Post

if costco has the time to suspend memberships and rebill people 9+ months after they refunded something, then they certainly have the time to dispute your charge back. not going to win an unauthorized when it's in regards to returns fraud

- - - Updated - - -

If you did just one single refund with costco, it could probably work by chargingback. Unfortunately that's not the case for some people (like myself) who hit costco many many times due to how easy it was. Sucks for us :P

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nvidia1232 View Post
    if costco has the time to suspend memberships and rebill people 9+ months after they refunded something, then they certainly have the time to dispute your charge back. not going to win an unauthorized when it's in regards to returns fraud

- - - Updated - - -

If you did just one single refund with costco, it could probably work by chargingback. Unfortunately that's not the case for some people (like myself) who hit costco many many times due to how easy it was. Sucks for us :P
    That's what you get for being greedy

What people think it's going to happen when they are doing double dips and refunding items non stop same cc and same adress?

- - - Updated - - -

If the refunder said there is no risk of rebills you can make a dispute following mpgh rules. I always says when they ask there is no rebills at the moment but i can't assure you later. Up tho the customer if he still wants to refund or no.

Thanks
    Greedy gets karma.

The thing is, you don't even need to do it multiple times for them to rebill. People who did one single 200$ costco airpod refund are getting rebilled.

I'll admit my stupidity though. Who wouldn't.

Thanks
    Greedy gets karma.

The thing is, you don't even need to do it multiple times for them to rebill. People who did one single 200$ costco airpod refund are getting rebilled.

I'll admit my stupidity though. Who wouldn't.
    and if its only 1 and you pay with a normal visa , master card , or american express you can dispuite it and 90 % + have no issues....t

also for every chargeback costco has to pay a fee to there payment processor so theres that... they add up. if this doesnt make money they will stop doing it
    Last edited by MayanHands; 11-26-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks
    Yup, if you hit costco once, you'll probably be fine even with a rebill. Just dispute it, and probably win.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    This is exactly why refunders should charge 10% at best because anything can happen. I see some refunders charging 30%. Like how tf do they think they deserve to charge that much when worst case scenario, it’s you who the cops are coming after. Shit is dumb.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniperson For This Useful Post:

Kingkon1 (11-27-2020)

Thanks
    Last edited by DannyK93; 11-26-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyK93 View Post
    wait so if I got charge, should I expect a refund from the refunder?
    No refunder will refund you lmfao. you feeling alright? they did their job. It's you who take the risks in refunding. All you people got shafted in the USA fucking sucks eyy. good luck, getting your refunds back from bank.

Thanks
    Some reports in various group chats state that Costco Canada is getting rebilled as well.
    Last edited by nvidia1232; 11-27-2020 at 11:25 AM.

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Costco Canada is officially getting rebilled as well.
    Show proof thanks or i'll report your post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo View Post

Show proof thanks or i'll report your post
    Edited, since you wanted that. Love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast