Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

How To Overcome Depression?

Stress and Depression have now become part of many people's lives.. Why do you think that stress level has been increased in the recent years?

Thanks
    I'm thinking that technology has a lot to do with it. Example social media has a big influence on people, more pressure to 'succeed' in a way, making a persona like life? Not sure how to explain it but you get the picture. Everyone wants to be happy at all times because everone else looks to be happy?

Several other factors have something to do with it as well, say the increasingly expensive housing market (depends on where you live ofc) makes it more difficult to do simple things like live on your own, be independent.

minion: 2019-yes
    minion+: 2020-2022
    inactive as shit sorry boys

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bodvar For This Useful Post:

Charion (02-21-2021),Hollow_Knight (02-21-2021),Matthew (02-21-2021),Noxey (02-21-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodvar View Post
    I'm thinking that technology has a lot to do with it. Example social media has a big influence on people, more pressure to 'succeed' in a way, making a persona like life? Not sure how to explain it but you get the picture. Everyone wants to be happy at all times because everone else looks to be happy?

Several other factors have something to do with it as well, say the increasingly expensive housing market (depends on where you live ofc) makes it more difficult to do simple things like live on your own, be independent.
    From a used to be content creator perspective, I can confirm that there is a lot of pressure to succeed, I wanted to succeed cause then that would have given me an opportunity to wipe away any debts that dad had, and no longer had to take things with monthly payments. So, yes social media doesn't help at all with the depression, and personally, you can't beat depression in general, you can make you feel less of it, but 100% getting rid of it, never.
    Reputation power: 57
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Charion View Post

From a used to be content creator perspective, I can confirm that there is a lot of pressure to succeed, I wanted to succeed cause then that would have given me an opportunity to wipe away any debts that dad had, and no longer had to take things with monthly payments. So, yes social media doesn't help at all with the depression, and personally, you can't beat depression in general, you can make you feel less of it, but 100% getting rid of it, never.
    True words! Getting rid of depression seems impossible for me as well

Thanks
    I can relate a lot this feeling and while a lot of these answers are solid, I'll add that mental health is always going to be a thing that needs constant maintenance. One thing for starters is to get a routine of some sort going.

Thanks
    I think this is associated with a high pace of life. We live in time when everything needs to do quickly. Having quickly earn, quickly eat, quickly love. Not life, but fast food

Thanks
    Depending on the severity of it you could look into supplementing with stuff like HTP-5 (helps serotonin creation)
    But I think a very important thing is to be somewhat active and get outside as much as possible

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I've struggled with depression for most of my life. Taken pretty much every drug that they can prescribe for it none of which actually get to the root of the issue. I eventually broke down and quit my Verizon Wireless call center job of 14 years. Money wasn't making me happy and doing the same thing every day made me go insane. What I did to turn it all around was to buy a camper and now travel around the country doing work exchanges. I work for a place to park and also food at some places. Some places pay as well. What I figured out is that helping people is what gets me out of the funk. The other people that do these work exchanges are also openminded, talented, and drifters all searching for ways to live a happier life. It's not always easy and I don't know where I'll end up, but it all seems to be coming together. So try helping people whether it's on this site or friends. Also I listen to morning meditations. When i wake up I'll listen to them and spend the first 15 or 20 minutes in the morning giving thanks for everything I have... my computer, bed, stove, dog, etc. Same at night and try not to spend too much time on the screen before going to bed. And getting outdoors in nature helps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Workout is the best way .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Music is the best way

Thanks
    Music and keeping yourself distracted are the best imo. Unfortunately, in my experience beyond keeping yourself distracted you just have to take it day by day and try to stay positive as much as you can. Some days will be harder, others will be easier.

Thanks
    - try new things
    - listen to music
    - go out with your friends or even by yourself
    - talk with your family or even online friends
    - search online for new ways to distract

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    By doing belowout
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    Music .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Yeah disconnect from social media, news and focus on being happy with what you have in life. You can aim for the stars but the stress of it isn't worth it. Money comes and goes, focus on your health and the things that have and will make you happy.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (02-21-2021),WalterWhiten (02-26-2021)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast