Quote Originally Posted by BitCore View Post
    XRP.....its not going to end well
    Why you think so ? Share with us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Investemeter View Post
    Why you think so ? Share with us
    XRP is an open/explorable blockchain. A currency is as valuable as it's utility. A bank account that anyone can see the balance of, as well as anything you decide to spend your money on has very little utility as a currency. This is the reason the dark web stopped using bitcoin. It was better than credit cards, but with blockchain analysis it is now even more open than a normal bank account. As soon as you sell something to someone and recieve payment, or buy something from someone, they know how much money you have, what you spend it on, and anything else about you. It makes extortion, blackmail, etc. extremely easy. You know when they get paid, and how much money they get / have, whether or not they've contributed to unpopular political candidates, etc. It also gives incredible power to tax authorities, and is overall a very poor choice to transact with.

Most crypto's have this problem, and it's simply not a viable future. The only value in a crypto is it's utility, and an open bank account simply has very little utility if any.

monero:88tjYfXKNFDfiJJqpE2JZTFXm8LVv9Y2ga2ZNFMUs5w dSBTANha6hNqNjt61BpQQa9bbC8coQEoR3aprmS6Ko6Cu69uCc Qq

Do not pay me for any goods or services with crypto at any other addresses.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by GAAF View Post
    XRP is an open/explorable blockchain. A currency is as valuable as it's utility. A bank account that anyone can see the balance of, as well as anything you decide to spend your money on has very little utility as a currency. This is the reason the dark web stopped using bitcoin. It was better than credit cards, but with blockchain analysis it is now even more open than a normal bank account. As soon as you sell something to someone and recieve payment, or buy something from someone, they know how much money you have, what you spend it on, and anything else about you. It makes extortion, blackmail, etc. extremely easy. You know when they get paid, and how much money they get / have, whether or not they've contributed to unpopular political candidates, etc. It also gives incredible power to tax authorities, and is overall a very poor choice to transact with.

Most crypto's have this problem, and it's simply not a viable future. The only value in a crypto is it's utility, and an open bank account simply has very little utility if any.
    You have point.I assume your solution is Monero isn't it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Investemeter View Post
    You have point.I assume your solution is Monero isn't it
    It was John Mcaffe's

There are other privacy projects as well, but they are generally not as private as Monero, and XMR already has the market usage for actual transactions. The Zcash devs for example are more focused on staying regulatory compliant and have talked on twitter about making a backdoor for law enforcement; rather than trying to make a purely strong privacy coin.

monero:88tjYfXKNFDfiJJqpE2JZTFXm8LVv9Y2ga2ZNFMUs5w dSBTANha6hNqNjt61BpQQa9bbC8coQEoR3aprmS6Ko6Cu69uCc Qq

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    It was John Mcaffe's

There are other privacy projects as well, but they are generally not as private as Monero, and XMR already has the market usage for actual transactions. The Zcash devs for example are more focused on staying regulatory compliant and have talked on twitter about making a backdoor for law enforcement; rather than trying to make a purely strong privacy coin.
    Well,
    rest in peace

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Whether you like it or not, the government will be here in the foreseeable future. You simply cannot avoid the law. Using privacy coins to avoid regulatory compliance and to remain anonymous will not work. Why? Think about it. What happens if you get hacked? What happens if your parents suddenly passes away and you don't have the keys to inherit their money? What happens if you send the wrong amount, sending $10000 instead of $1000? That's where the government steps in and provide regulatory clarity in cryptocurrencies. You talk about utility, but what utility does privacy coins have when they have so many issues that's listed above. People will not put all their net worth into privacy coins without any type of insurance/customer support if something happens.

You mention that non-privacy coins reveal how much you have. True, but when banks get involved, there will be new services and features. An example would be just like using credit cards. The banks will pay for your stuff in "credit", and you have to repay them by sending your crypto to them at the end of the month. That way, only the bank knows how much you have. You can try to hide your money by using privacy coins but it will simply be compared to as drug money. Why? Because the moment you buy a mansion or a sports car, they would be asking where did that money come from? You will never be able to spend money comfortably using privacy coins

With that said, Ripple, the company has been working alongside financial sectors (banks, institutions, etc) and the government to receive regulatory clarity on XRP. XRP is the only currency that is doing things right and is an open project that can be used by the government and financial institutions. They aren't trying to avoid anyone or anything like Bitcoin and privacy coins do. You can't hide from the government. If the government says XYZ is banned, they will be delisted from exchanges and it would be difficult for the ordinary person to purchase XYZ. No one will be willing to accept XYZ as payment, essentially making it useless. If the government gives the green light to a certain crypto, that crypto will be widely adopted and utilized, thus its price will inevitably go up as well. And which cryptocurrency will that be? Let me give you a hint. It starts with a "X" and ends with a "P".
    Last edited by sciflee; 06-28-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by sciflee View Post
    Whether you like it or not, the government will be here in the foreseeable future. You simply cannot avoid the law. Using privacy coins to avoid regulatory compliance and to remain anonymous will not work. Why? Think about it. What happens if you get hacked? What happens if your parents suddenly passes away and you don't have the keys to inherit their money? What happens if you send the wrong amount, sending $10000 instead of $1000?
    None of those things you've just listed have anything to do with remaining anonymous. And government is not going to help you if your XRP gets hacked, or if your parents lose their keys to the wallet, or if you send the wrong amount of XRP.

That's where the government steps in and provide regulatory clarity in cryptocurrencies. You talk about utility, but what utility does privacy coins have when they have so many issues that's listed above. People will not put all their net worth into privacy coins without any type of insurance/customer support if something happens.
    The government has no ability to give you your XRP back if you lose it, regulation doesn't assist you, it taxes you, and steals from you. Unless of course, your entire currency can literally be minted indefinnitely and indescriminately by big banks and the government. In which case your currency is even more pointless as an alternative to USD. So the utility hasn't changed. Monero is still far more usefull than a centralized surveillance (i.e. viewable-blockchain) coin like XRP. And the markets show that. Go ask political dissidents, the dark web, and charities that have to operate in foreign countries to help the persecuted which they would rather have. They've already chose Monero, and that's why it has actual market use right now. No one is using XRP. And thus that also dispells the myth that "people will not put their net worh into privacy coins without insurance / support", because as we've already established, government does not have the ability to generate you new XRP if you lose your keys. And f they do, then you are essentially just making a currency even worse than USD. Fully inflatable and controlled by the fed. Fully trackable, with no privacy.

You mention that non-privacy coins reveal how much you have. True, but when banks get involved, there will be new services and features.
    Maybe you DON'T want the banks involved. What's the point of using XRP if your entire currency just takes everything bad from government currencies: big banks, federal government control, asset seizure, surveillance, with none of the benefits?: cash transactions, banking privacy laws, etc.

An example would be just like using credit cards. The banks will pay for your stuff in "credit", and you have to repay them by sending your crypto to them at the end of the month. That way, only the bank knows how much you have.
    Monero has 'viewkeys' which lets you show someone the amount of money you have in your wallet without them being able to spend it. It can also show transactions in, out, and for how much. It complies with regulations while also allowing privacy if you so choose. If you NEED credit you can always apply with your viewkey, and either way your credit score is a far more determining factor of credit worthiness than how much money you store in your account. They don't care if you can instantly pay it off or not, putting you into debt makes them much more money.

You can try to hide your money by using privacy coins but it will simply be compared to as drug money. Why? Because the moment you buy a mansion or a sports car, they would be asking where did that money come from? You will never be able to spend money comfortably using privacy coins
    I buy my cryptocurrency on an exchange, and declare everything necessary on my taxes. Should the cryptocurrency increase in price it isn't suddenly "drug money", I just declare capital gains on my taxes if I wish to sell, and then I can buy whatever I want. Privacy coins are treated just like cash to businesses that transact with it, viewkeys allow auditing by the IRS, and can be treated as an investment for holders and users on capital gains. Charities already use monero and offer transparency with the viewkey. If you are in a muslim country that outlaws homosexuality, the only way to safetly donate to charities that help people leave the country from persecution is with privacy coins. And this has already been shown in countries like the United States, where, regardless of what you think, someone was fired for having donated to the Kyle Rittenhouse defense fund. I am not endorsing Kyle Rittenhouse, it's simply a fact that people want privacy with their money. And a lack of privacy will be used for special interests, i.e. being outcast for supporting homosexuality, or someones defense fund, or whatever the bad thing of the week is in your country.

With that said, Ripple, the company has been working alongside financial sectors (banks, institutions, etc) and the government to receive regulatory clarity on XRP.
    This is the problem. No one except big banks, the federal government, and people willing to bow down to the aforementioned to make a quick buck, want a fed controlled big bank surveillance coin. No one buys ripple because they want to transact with it, and believe it is a far superior currency to the USD, EUR, etc; They buy it because they want to cash out, sell at x amount. Just look at the posts regarding XRP on other threads. It's all about when you're going to sell, take profit, and bail. When it's going to the moon so you can get your own lambo. This is the wrong mentality to have with cryptocurrency. It is a currency, not an investment. It is designed to transact with. If your expectation is that you are going to have to sell your currency for fiat to buy things, and it doesn't have the utility and adoption to buy the things you want with it when it "goes to the moon", maybe it wasn't a good currency in the first place.

XRP is the only currency that is doing things right and is an open project that can be used by the government and financial institutions.
    Yet again, I'm sure the fed, and big banks would be very happy if cryptocurrency was coopted for their interest. But people who are interested in cryptocurrency to get AWAY from big banks and federal control of the financial sector don't want that. And if you knew what was best for you, you wouldn't want it either.

They aren't trying to avoid anyone or anything like Bitcoin and privacy coins do. You can't hide from the government. If the government says XYZ is banned, they will be delisted from exchanges and it would be difficult for the ordinary person to purchase XYZ. No one will be willing to accept XYZ as payment, essentially making it useless.
    Yes, because prohibition works so well. Just ask these fine examples:
    • War on Drugs
    • Prohibition of Alcohol
    • Gun Laws in the Inner City
    • Internet Restrictions in China
    • And Many More!

If the government gives the green light to a certain crypto, that crypto will be widely adopted and utilized, thus its price will inevitably go up as well. And which cryptocurrency will that be? Let me give you a hint. It starts with a "X" and ends with a "P".
    Government can greenlight whatever it wants. It doesn't mean people will adopt it. What benefits does XRP have above cash to force people to dump their US dollars immediately and buy XRP. Why would the US want to forgo it's control over the financial and world market through US Dollars and greenlight everyone to go buy a cryptocurrency. Hint, it wouldn't. It's a feverdream that the same government who spends billions fighting foreign wars for oil to maintain the US dollar as the global reserve currency would suddenly greenlight a crypto. It won't. You'll be rudely awakened when the United States, and world governments in general want nothing to do with crypto, regardless of how much you bend to the wills of big banks and the fed.

This entire argument that I've made to your post is still ignoring the fact that you are asking the federal government, AND the average consumer to conduct all business and transactions on a surveillance blockchain with NO privacy whatsoever. My earlier post still stands, if you send money to me. I can see how much money you have, what you spend it on, and where you get it. That is not viable in a currency if you want actual adoption, which Monero has.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    holding xrp is the move rn

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Enjoy the victory XRP HOLDERS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12