Thanks

Angry Not a fun email to wake up to - WALMART

I woke up to find a email from Walmart stating my returned items didn't match what they wanted. I had used a refunder about 6-7 months ago, I def thought I was in the clear. It's about $700 and I'm already not in the best spot with money. I used my bank cc, any ideas on preventing the charge now or do I learn my lesson and move on. Thanks for reading and any responses appreciated.

To be clear, all I've received is an email stating they're going to charge me, not yet received charge.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by NAV View Post
    I woke up to find a email from Walmart stating my returned items didn't match what they wanted. I had used a refunder about 6-7 months ago, I def thought I was in the clear. It's about $700 and I'm already not in the best spot with money. I used my bank cc, any ideas on preventing the charge now or do I learn my lesson and move on. Thanks for reading and any responses appreciated.

To be clear, all I've received is an email stating they're going to charge me, not yet received charge.

Report your card as lost/stolen and then when the charge comes in which it likely still will you'll have some decent grounds to say to your bank it's unauthorised and you didn't buy anything at Walmart.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post
    Report your card as lost/stolen and then when the charge comes in which it likely still will you'll have some decent grounds to say to your bank it's unauthorised and you didn't buy anything at Walmart.
    Hmm, this sounds like it could work. I have the ability to lock my card, which I did already. It blocked 4 things already, won't tell me exactly what it blocked though. I'm assuming two of those blocks are Walmart. Maybe, I should just full cancel it now after locking it?

Thanks
    From what I've read on the tele groups if you report card as lost/stolen they'll still rebill as an offline transaction. Only way to stop the charges is disable VAU on your card but a lot of people are saying their banks won't do it and that you need to contact the merchant. Seems like the safest solution is to close the whole account.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Turn down your bank account and open another one

There are IMPERSONATORS of me
    Please check the real one { monch0 }!!!!!!!
    [Has no ´ nor ' ]

Thanks
    Put a merchant block on them to prevent rebill. They still might send you to collections though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    how about your walmart acc ? Did you close the account after refund ?
    I am offering Chegg, Coursehero, Oneclass, Studocu unlocks and account. Check out my shop HERE

Contact me via IM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyab View Post
    how about your walmart acc ? Did you close the account after refund ?
    No, it doesn't work like that, they still have the order on file. It might even trigger some flags (walmart watches for this stuff) if you closed the account after a large refund.

Thanks
    Whether you cancel CC/Close account, This is all going to collection.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    report stolen card, delete ur bank account, and move to other bank

Thanks
    If it does go to collection and you used your actual debit card number, they'll likely have your personal info specially if you didn't do a drop.
    If you get random calls saying "I'm from soandso collections" or before they say anything else "Can I speak to *your real name*", deny everything. They cannot and do not have the legality (depending on your state though) to seek payment if they cannot confirm that A) You're the person indebted B) They have correct contact info. Especially if they show up to your porch, deny that they don't live there and also make sure you be careful with your mail. I've heard stories about collection companies opening mailboxes to confirm a person's name (which is a felony crime btw) so either A) Inform your postal office to put a hold on all mail and pick it up at your office OR B) Have a video surveillance camera pointed at your mailbox so that if they attempt to do that then you can contact your local police and potentially sue if you really wanna go that far for $700 lol but just keep yourself safe

NEVER let them confirm you're the person
    NEVER let them know that you're the person
    NEVER put up with their crap

If police get involved, then I do adv you listen to other's advice here, report the card as lost/stolen. You have good leverage that you never made a purchase at wal-mart. And comply with police, don't get irate or something. Good composure.
    IM requests will be denied if I do not know who you are or request you to do so. If you need to talk to me you can send me a PM. I will respond at my earliest convenience. Previous customers will still be on my IM, for which you can send a messages, please send a PM as well.

I am currently not selling anything.

MPGH IM

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamLop213 For This Useful Post:

ravo1965 (06-08-2021)

Thanks
    You must close your bank account, otherwise you'll get charged
    happened to me some time ago