Poll: What is your thought on this discussion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Threaded View

Thanks

Post Uncovering the Secrets of Dreams.

When you guys have your nightly dreams.
    Have you ever encountered any of these types of dreams:

• Having a good dream, and you wake up when you don't want to.
    • Having a bad dream, and not waking up although you want to.
    • Feeling pain in your dream, but you wake up intact.
    • Feeling pain in your dream, and you wake up with scars/injury.
    • Screaming / Running in your dream, but wake up and you didn't make a sound or move anywhere.
    • Screaming / Running in your dream, and you wake up and made a sound / moved somewhere.
    • Having a dream of somebody that you never met, and you fell in love with them
    • Having a dream of somebody you've seen, but never got introduced to, and later in time you two lock eyes, or feel a connection.
    • Shared a dream with a family, friend etc;.
    • Had a very realistic dream that ended up being a possible precognitive dream.
    • Having powers in your dream, flying, etc;

I don't know how to explain this;a spiritual thing, another dimension or universe, religion... whatever.
    but dreams are just amazing. I've had all of those dreams above, except waking up with scars/injury or waking up after screaming in my sleep / moving around somewhere. I've been told that I've slept talked before, but this was long ago. I've noticed that when you have a good dream, or a bad dream, right before the climax of it all, you seem to wake up and the dream felt like a 5 to 30 second visual and/or audible memory. I've heard things about how dreams end, it could result in another day of your life, or your last memory on Earth. If you have a bad dream and seem to have a deadly experience in it, and you do not wake up before you: fall off a cliff, get shot, get zapped by aliens, get eaten by zombies, i don't really care, you die... There has been some religion point of views on this, but then again, you can't really have 1 answer for what dreams are and how they work, because.. almost all of the human race shares dreaming, and not religion / cultural beliefs etc;. Do you think it's good to have secrets like this? Since it currently can't be explained in a scientific form due, to the fact that we not only use probably less than 30% of our mind, but can't be able to read minds thoroughly with a machine, what have you. If you can fill your mind with some random story that takes up 5-30 seconds of memory (the dream). Do you think we can manipulate our minds* to do the same... In example, if you were to sit in a room, and without sleeping / closing your eyes / dreaming, can we manage to 'control' our mind to pass time?
    Last edited by Jabooty671; 07-23-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Fixed ingles- might not have a dream tonight due to sleeping late.