Poll: Should I learn Python or C++

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Neither.
    Java.
    You just want another person in the dead java section don't you? Actually how hard is Java, I was thinking of switching from c++ to java. Because it would teach me things and then syntactically similar and when I am ready, switch over to c++ later in life. Another reason I was thinking of switching was minecraft XD 1 guy made almost 2million dollars from his little game. It was coded in Java also, wonder if I could also do the same? lol

Anyways choose one of C languages then for an IT related job later in life (more than one language helps)
    [IMG]https://i298.photobucke*****m/albums/mm280/Ez2animate/mynewsig.png[/IMG]

TO DO LIST

Attempt to learn C++ []
    Understand the basics of C++ []
    Reach halfway through my book []
    Make my OWN original simple program []
    Finish my book []
    Make my own hack[]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2animate View Post
    You just want another person in the dead java section don't you? Actually how hard is Java, I was thinking of switching from c++ to java. Because it would teach me things and then syntactically similar and when I am ready, switch over to c++ later in life. Another reason I was thinking of switching was minecraft XD 1 guy made almost 2million dollars from his little game. It was coded in Java also, wonder if I could also do the same? lol

Anyways choose one of C languages then for an IT related job later in life (more than one language helps)
    You realize java is an IT language?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2animate View Post

Well I would like another to see some more people that know Java, but I don't use it much now, too preoccupied with other projects, though I would love to pick it up again to start working on the Android SDK.

But no the reason I chose Java, is unlike C++, Python, or C, it is a completely object oriented language. Every data type is an object besides the most primitive. So the language forces you to use objects, which is a good habit to get into for the rest of your programming career.

PS: Also I have an affinity to it because its the first language I learned.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @ Question in general & @ez2animate - grrrrrr..... Each language has it's own "functions" (if you will), it's like pinning PHP against ASP or ASP against Asp.net, it's just not practical. Each language has it's own form of simplicity and it's own purpose. Only a amateur developer (no offense) would even debate the two. There are many (many) things I would use Java for but there are also somethings (especially when dealing with a linux box or PBX) I would use python for. In some cases I will choose web applications over desktop applications. Languages are developed for simplicity and ease, but each with it's own purpose in the ever growing development (and tech) World/Industry. Which one you choose (professionally and not personally) should be a matter of necessity not favoritism.

@ Why06 , Note: your missing out , Android SDK + Titanium = boat loads of fun.

Last edited by NextGen1; 09-13-2010 at 08:06 PM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12