Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Smile [Release]My First Mods. somewhat epic

ok... so i followed some tuts... to figure out how to make them...

Mods- im working on getting the screenshots right now...

ok... i made k1A carbon mesh... the red on the side is just saying its Carbon MOD by jakey- my nickname....

i made a m16A3 texture to m16A3 Elite...

K1A
    SS:

M16A3
    SS:

i have one vs right now...
    its by virus total

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

ask if u need another... im not sure of how many i need... tell me and ill get another...

instructions to use:
    im assuming that you have used mods and have the Reztools...
    all you need to do is find the mod u want

1) PV_K1A.DTX gets injected into GUNS_T_PV_SMG ...
    2) it will create GUNS_T_PV_SMG.rezNew file in the Game Folder
    3) you just change the name to GUNS_T_PV_SMG.rezNew to GUNS_T_PV_SMG.rez

Same goes for the PV_M16A3 except it goes in GUNS_T_PV_AR.rez
    and you need to change the .rezNew into the .rez
    Last edited by 14942744; 09-17-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added my ss for m16a3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Im Not Sure If You Can Name That "ModPack" Because i Think Multible Things In One File Isent Allowed, i Think You Have To Put Them In Different Files, And Scan Those, But Im Not Sure.

Constructive Critisism-
    Try Making a Little More Colourful. Its Not Really That "Bang" You Know?

"Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere."

Successful Trades :

Accounts In Process of Ranking :

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    think that crosshair is pretty epic but the actual k1a isnt to hot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    well the cross hair is not part of the mod. too bad eh?

well i got the ss up... of the m16a3... i think its ok.. remember these are my first mods... dont be too hard!!!

Thanks
    Alright, I'm going to go ahead and say it, although I'm almost certain someone will criticize me for it.

This does NOT deserve to be called epic. I'm not saying you don't have potential and that you'll never get better, just stating that these are your first two mods, which, to be honest, are average for a first set of mods.

Look at the other mods, they might have potential to be epic. But no mod is epic. No mod will ever be epic. People will try, but always fail. Combat Arms has made modding impossible to be impressive, because let's face it, making 2 guns a month is not exactly speedy, which severely limits the creativity of all individuals who desire modding as a hobby or occupation. .rez chams have been made numerous times, texture mods are endless but usually not so good, and all modelswaps and crossmods have been depleted of originality. So what we have left is a uncreative CA mods section, a mere husk of the glorious and wonderful thing that used to be. But maybe it will all change. Maybe Combat Arms will make something so inventive that it will quench our thirst for modding, maybe we'll be saved. But as for now, we're just a bunch of un-epic sons of bitches who like to color and draw on guns.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by -Statistic- View Post
    Alright, I'm going to go ahead and say it, although I'm almost certain someone will criticize me for it.

This does NOT deserve to be called epic. I'm not saying you don't have potential and that you'll never get better, just stating that these are your first two mods, which, to be honest, are average for a first set of mods.

Look at the other mods, they might have potential to be epic. But no mod is epic. No mod will ever be epic. People will try, but always fail. Combat Arms has made modding impossible to be impressive, because let's face it, making 2 guns a month is not exactly speedy, which severely limits the creativity of all individuals who desire modding as a hobby or occupation. .rez chams have been made numerous times, texture mods are endless but usually not so good, and all modelswaps and crossmods have been depleted of originality. So what we have left is a uncreative CA mods section, a mere husk of the glorious and wonderful thing that used to be. But maybe it will all change. Maybe Combat Arms will make something so inventive that it will quench our thirst for modding, maybe we'll be saved. But as for now, we're just a bunch of un-epic sons of bitches who like to color and draw on guns.
    Cunt.

Anyways, the K1A Isn't very good. Heres some tips:

-Never put any text. No matter what. Never.
    -Change the hue of it, rather than just putting some cp texture over it.
    -Always use overlay. It makes it look a lot more real.

Also, the M16 looks very nice, but its still a basic camo. All in all, its pretty good for a first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

thanks for the constructive feedback i really like it... but, could i ask for a title change??? but they are my first and im happy with them... i made some others... but they were after this and dont look as good... i think i may make a lightning bolt (if i get good enough, and if its possible)

Quote Originally Posted by jreardon13 View Post

Cunt.

Anyways, the K1A Isn't very good. Heres some tips:

-Never put any text. No matter what. Never.
    -Change the hue of it, rather than just putting some cp texture over it.
    -Always use overlay. It makes it look a lot more real.

Also, the M16 looks very nice, but its still a basic camo. All in all, its pretty good for a first.
    Thanks for the feedback (i actually enjoy it cause it make me better)... thou the m16 is not just camo its THE M16A3 Profesional or Elite... (not sure) but its the exact same thing looks wise...
    Last edited by 14942744; 09-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jreardon13 View Post

Cunt.
    Holy shit! I'm being insulted by a person I've never heard of! This makes me sad, so I won't give a fuck.
    Last edited by -Statistic-; 09-17-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Holy shit! I'm being insulted by a person I've never heard of! This makes me sad, so I'll won't give a fuck.
    Smart kid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Holy shit! I'm being insulted by a person I've never heard of! This makes me sad, so I'll won't give a fuck.
    hey can we stay on topic... yes i do agree it was mean... but this is not a thread for flaming...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    not rlly epic try a lil harder spend more time on mods
    And continue on my mission fishin for the yum yum but im movin slow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 14942744 View Post
    hey can we stay on topic... yes i do agree it was mean... but this is not a thread for flaming...
    I thank you for your kindness good sir, and yes, I will discontinue this foolish flaming.

The mods are good.

-Statistic- out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzerkin View Post
    not rlly epic try a lil harder spend more time on mods
    ok... spending more time is inevitable... i know its not epic... as it was pointed out... i would like the title changed so its not a hyperbole....
    but other than that thanks for commenting... got any feedback to help me in my modding faze? so i can be a better modder and come out with TRULY epic mods?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 14942744 View Post
    ok... spending more time is inevitable... i know its not epic... as it was pointed out... i would like the title changed so its not a hyperbole....
    but other than that thanks for commenting... got any feedback to help me in my modding faze? so i can be a better modder and come out with TRULY epic mods?
    Here's my tips:

-Get experience. Make lots of mods, and I guarantee you you will improve.
    -Know what mods to release and which ones not to. Look at your final product and ask yourself "Is this a good mod?". If your answer is not above good, I recommend not releasing.

-BE CREATIVE. Texture mods showcase creativity, but if you're not good at them people will think you're stinky. Make creative, awesome mods without copying and pasting and less people will flame you and more people will praise you. DON'T DO .REZ CHAMS.

-Post a lot. But DO NOT SPAM. If you post more, everyone's going to start noticing you, and pretty soon a reasonable amount of human beings will be downloading your mods. But keep the posting relevant.

-Do crossmods and modelswaps. These are pretty awesome if they're done right. It's just renaming, but look in the Tutorials section for how to not make the gun smaller.

-Learn to hex edit.

If you didn't understand a term I used here, please refer to the guides and tutorials.

I tried to help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Its not really much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast