Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Every friday in my American Studies class we do a discussion thing. The teacher gives a sheet of paper with hypothetical situations regarding a certain issue, such as racial profiling or 1st amendment rights being limited in schools. Today was about race and affirmative action.

Find an article about everybody being a hypocrite for me Josh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    you usually rage on people who make posts like that
    Last edited by Corndog; 10-08-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorCG View Post
    Every friday in my American Studies class we do a discussion thing. The teacher gives a sheet of paper with hypothetical situations regarding a certain issue, such as racial profiling or 1st amendment rights being limited in schools. Today was about race and affirmative action.

Find an article about everybody being a hypocrite for me Josh.
    if you were directing that last comment towards me, i stated i wasn't trying to flame.. but rather pointing out a flaw.

Early in the morning risin' to the street
    Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet
    Got to find a reason a reason things went wrong
    Got to find a reason why my money's all gone

Thanks
    most black people just think all white people are racist /

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Insomniac For This Useful Post:

Jarppi (10-08-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Zew View Post
    Sorry, Technically, Yes the article does have some main good points in it, It's not true, But in some degree there is racism in EVERY person, Lets say, Me for example, I`m not going for...FAT chicks, Thats my racism. I have no problem with race, And no i don't hate "Fat people" in general....Just chicks. / Same for you, You hate some type of person. Racism. Not idea if anyone even cares about my point, But yes thats my point of view.
    That is not racism, because 1.) People aren't born fat and 2.) Fat isn't race. What you are talking about is a preference. But look at it this way... Say you were the head of a company and because of your preference you don't hire fat chicks because you don't like them. THAT would be more like racism.

Racism has to do with 2 things. Power and Preference. It can't just be one or the other. Heres an example. There are two people. A father and a son. Say the son hates his father and wants him to get out of the house. Can he really kick his father out of his own house? No.... but if the father doesn't like the son he has the POWER to kick him out. In the U.S white people are dominant culture. ( if you don't believe me go look it up) and other minorities are just that, minorities. So whites have the power to affect others realities based off of preferences.

@obama

you make a interesting argument

it's a sad point to see that only white people don't play the race card.

and it's never the case of the race card with a Caucasian.

but i'll rather listen to somebody who makes valid theory's about political views over a columnist writing an article about racism
    The answer to that is simple. White people don't see themselves as part of a race or group. I don't know if you are white Count but if you are how many times a day do you recognize that you are white? Not a lot huh? You are just a "person." Only oppressed groups view themselves as a particular race.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    most black people just think all white people are racist /
    Why is that?
    Last edited by Obama; 10-08-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    well, im racist sometimes, but with white ppl,

but, tbh, i think, as an arab myself, being arabic and speaking arabic is harder then being black from the last 8 years

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarppi View Post

but, tbh, i think, as an arab myself, being arabic and speaking arabic is harder then being black from the last 8 years
    the reason why caucasians are racist in the first place is because most of them are middle-class+ which imply that the suburban communitys are closed minded.

learn to accept that most of them are closed minded and you'll open more eyes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarppi View Post

Ok 8 years, you can still speak your language, you still know your culture, and you know where you're from. Black people were taken from their continent, put in slavery, and segregated against. Don't tell me that just because 9/11 you feel that you can correlate the pain of your people to that of African Americans.

But in all truth, I feel for Arabic people and your people have gone through hell these past 8 years(and years past)

the reason why caucasians are racist in the first place is because most of them are middle-class+ which imply that the suburban communitys are closed minded.

From a historical standpoint I would have to disagree with that 100%. Are you talking about now in 2010 or what?
    Last edited by Obama; 10-08-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    I live in a suburb and I’m pretty open-minded. /

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I decided against fully reading the article due to the fact that, as is the nature of General, this thread will be filled with tl;dr’s and idiotic, off-topic flaming.

I do have something to add though. No matter what race you are, I bet you will specify the race or color of an individual who isn’t of your race or color when speaking about them with somebody. Even if it isn’t relevant to the story at all, we still add that modifier all the time. Whether it is just a subconscious thing or not is more a matter of opinion. It is probably something like when we say god bless you or oh my god! I am atheist but I still say these things on a regular basis, although I am trying not to. Small scale or large, intentional or not, racism is racism.
    Tl;dr'd.....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried

they can suck it

im in high class, witch means 400k+ (my father, not me )
    but they rage because many white pepole think then we are not trusworthy, and it gets me mad, im not a fucking robber, we own our money, just like caucasians do..

w/e

Thanks
    i was generalizing about most american suburbs and high class caucasians.

@connor

i said most not all.

Thanks

the reason why caucasians are racist in the first place is because most of them are middle-class+ which imply that the suburban communitys are closed minded[citation needed].

There ya go.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I read the entire thing.
    I also lost the "don't rage" game, because it's full of bullshit they are practically feeding down the reader's throats. The line that pissed me off really bad is "And I'm certainly not racist. Some of my best friends are white.", because that is just something that you shouldn't say after writing an article that says "... white people are all racist..." "... almost all of Britain's people are racist..." then throwing in dumb comments like "... treating black people like guinea pigs?"
    I hate articles that try to bring da white man down, and ones that try to bring the black man down. There is no use for these articles, no one will ever learn anything about them, and the creators of them, while trying to "defend" may I say, their own race, while being obviously crude and saying untrue or over exaggerated things about the other, is most definitely racist or acting racist.

Thanks

There ya go.
    what do you mean by that :l

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I think that article is somewhat true. Racism is everywhere even in places you don't think its there. It is.. Some people say they aren't but i believe almost everyone is racist in some type of way. Whether you are totally racist are just a little. I know racism is racism but you can judge someone racism on a scale. Its not just whites and blacks but it can be cultural and race.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

Obama (10-08-2010)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast