Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakor View Post
    Whoever that moderator is. If you know anything about programming, I will assume you are just hiding the knowledge you have in order to keep the "newbs" in line. If this is true, forget this thinking right now. Help people and you can have a successful website, not one that just has a bunch of newbs running around with their heads cut off yelling about NOP and Code Cave and how if you are good enough you can write everything in VB. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

again. I can say all of this because I have programmed and I have helped people. Anyone want to reply I'd love a debate almost as much as I would love to start programming right now.
    I don't teach/help people to program here, basically all of our "competition" was spawned because of our guides/tutorials into programming and hacking. However, I'm not saying that in a bad manner, I'm just saying I'm not going to waste my time helping people who make my life harder, I'll still move tutorials by members into the tutorial section. The main reason I don't care to help anyone, is that they are all leechers that will take my help, and use it for their own greed, and never, NOT ONCE, give back to the community that was the ONLY reason they got started. The funny thing is, once they are started, they start talking shit about this forum, spamming it and what not, and censor it on their forum in any possible way, and when we take them down, they whine and cry. It's almost a never ending cycle, ask any long time MPGH members.

Now if a decent member, like say Jetamay, or someone else who releases public hacks asked me to help them fix their code, I would. But then again my C++/VB has gotten rusty, all I could do is write a basic app, but it wouldn't take me long to rehash, if I had the time.

Now days, I only write in WAMP, JS, AS, and Java, but then again when summer rolls around, I'll probably get some work done with C++.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Not anymore these days, since all you have to do is hit the "Web Chat" link on the top and it auto connects and joins a channel in MPGH IRC.

By the way, are you a homebrew dev for the PSP?

Dave thought you died.
    I was into minor homebrew for PSP, PS2 as well. I was working on getting used to the SCE libraries and such. Now I need a fucking PSP, mine had 1.5fw out of the box. It's depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bury Your Dead
    You say he lost his heart that night,
    He never had one anyway.
    You say your drinking starts the fights,
    Well I'm digging his fucking grave.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by d.vel.oper View Post
    I was into minor homebrew for PSP, PS2 as well. I was working on getting used to the SCE libraries and such. Now I need a fucking PSP, mine had 1.5fw out of the box. It's depressing.
    Mine has 1.5 too, it sucks because sometimes I wanna play the new games like GoW on it, but I don't want to update, neither do I want to use CFW on it and risk bricking it. I need a CFW that lets you play ISOs and shit on it without any special programs and all that shit.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Mine has 1.5 too, it sucks because sometimes I wanna play the new games like GoW on it, but I don't want to update, neither do I want to use CFW on it and risk bricking it. I need a CFW that lets you play ISOs and shit on it without any special programs and all that shit.
    Devhook lets you emulate newer firmwares. Google around, it's not that difficult to find info on.
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    I think its a waste of time to help someone who only looks into the hacking aspect of the language. If all you want to do is hack, and nothing else. It's a waste of time simply because they don't have the motivation to learn it.

*edit*

Aww fuck, I'm off topic now, aren't I?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Someguytwo View Post
    I think its a waste of time to help someone who only looks into the hacking aspect of the language. If all you want to do is hack, and nothing else. It's a waste of time simply because they don't have the motivation to learn it.
    Hacking/reverse engineering will make you a better coder. Period.
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Devhook lets you emulate newer firmwares. Google around, it's not that difficult to find info on.
    Yeah, I heard about DevHook, but I quit that whole "scene" thing about 1-2 years ago, when the GTA:LC ISO came out but DevHook couldn't emulate it, or maybe it was without sound, I forgot, it's been too long. Plus my SD card is WAYYY too small for the newer games, and I got better things to do now.

Thanks
    Yeah, I heard about DevHook, but I quit that whole "scene" thing about 1-2 years ago, when the GTA:LC ISO came out but DevHook couldn't emulate it, or maybe it was without sound, I forgot, it's been too long. Plus my SD card is WAYYY too small for the newer games, and I got better things to do now.
    I haven't had a problem with Devhook in quite some time. I don't have the PSP anymore, but I am working on getting the new model.

P.S: WAMP != "better things to do".
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    P.S: WAMP != "better things to do".
    WAMP is better than playing games, and it makes a lot more money, so yes it's a better thing to do.

Thanks
    WAMP is better than playing games, and it makes a lot more money, so yes it's a better thing to do.
    Had you said LAMP, I may have been inclined to agree. But you sir, are blaspheming all over the place.
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Had you said LAMP, I may have been inclined to agree. But you sir, are blaspheming all over the place.
    Well, if I had a large scale project, I'd say LAMP, but my small scale (at the moment), LAMP would be too inefficient time wise, since I am not too specialized in Linux compared to Windows, which makes it easier to manage time wise. Hence, I always start from WAMP, even though it's cheaper (after all that monthly licensing fee bullshit for Windows), but since I run on Windows, I prefer WAMP.

Thanks
    Well, if I had a large scale project, I'd say LAMP, but my small scale (at the moment), LAMP would be too inefficient time wise, since I am not too specialized in Linux compared to Windows, which makes it easier to manage time wise. Hence, I always start from WAMP, even though it's cheaper (after all that monthly licensing fee bullshit for Windows), but since I run on Windows, I prefer WAMP.
    Cheaper? Mmmh, so you're actually running a WAMP setup on a production server?

:'(
    He never had one anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Cheaper? Mmmh, so you're actually running a WAMP setup on a production server?

:'(
    I was referring to LAMP being cheaper (since no licensing fee), and, yes I am running WAMP on a production server, but I'd switch to LAMP if my server was taking the hits MPGH got, I'd switch to LAMP in a heartbeat.

Thanks
    hello everyone. Iverson? Is that you? Or are you a different Iverson?

LAMP > WAMP unless you have only windows machines cause your linux machine needs a new motherboard and stuff. I use Wamp for all my pretesting before my site goes live.

Amazing some newb with 3 posts (that's me) creates the most productive thread I've seen. Jetamay got banned??

Anyways. I have recently been playing wolfenstein enemy territory and got my first taste of punk buster. I've done a little bit of research and found out it's a bit like warden for blizzard games. I was wondering if anyone had done any investigation on it.

PB seems to check for loaded modules. As well as offers some sort of protection on memory. It's setup on a client server basis and checks at random and when a module (exe or dll) is loaded. It probably acts like a anti virus software checking for signatures or memory access (calls to virtualprotect might tip it off?) as well as a list of known modules on a per game basis. I'm not sure as I havn't looked through anything but official documentation. Anyone know if it hooks the process or just scans it once when it is loaded? Doing random checks over the entire loaded module would be too time/resource consuming so how does it know what parts of the code to look at (to see if changes have been made to the game).

I'll do some research on it, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakor View Post
    Ok everything else here is stupid enough, I'll go along with mr sadistic's rules.

I'm Jakor. Long time masm programmer turned nasm programmer. Retired Staff member Bw**********. Well liked in the Starcraft hacking scene for helping people learn to program / hack. I have not been here long. You guys already don't like me, first post is a flame on the community. :-\

1 now. Intelligence is not based on number of posts. Look around everyone is an idiot here no matter what there post count is. For that analogy: I graduated high school early and was still able to get a job without my diploma the first year and a half. Having a high school diploma doesn't mean you are smart.

I think it's pretty sad actually. Everyone running through "What can you do with asm" "Asm < vb6" "c++ is more advanced than asm" "just use NOP in a code cave" and other wierd shit like that. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find one half way intelligent person to attempt to help...

I'll let you know when I find someone who is half way intelligent and not worthy of the flame.

Obviously not. First post. Then again I guess that makes 100%...

Whoever that moderator is. If you know anything about programming, I will assume you are just hiding the knowledge you have in order to keep the "newbs" in line. If this is true, forget this thinking right now. Help people and you can have a successful website, not one that just has a bunch of newbs running around with their heads cut off yelling about NOP and Code Cave and how if you are good enough you can write everything in VB. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

again. I can say all of this because I have programmed and I have helped people. Anyone want to reply I'd love a debate almost as much as I would love to start programming right now.

sorry, but instead of posting this all over i had to get it out here

When you regist on a forum you start with newbie rank so stfu ok ?

EDIT: When you start programming is normal ask that stupid questions

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast