Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Jakor's Game Hacking School

I have been approached by a couple people this week requesting help or tutoring as they learn to program in assembly. I figure if I keep this up, I'll end up bombarded by people every time i turn the computer on (it's happened before) so I have decided to start a school. I will start hosting classes online to learn to program in assembly language. I will take you from the starting point hello world and we will end up hacking a few different games.

As this will require lots of time by me (and because I am currently jobless :-\ ) I will be charging for classes. But you will get your money's worth (if you take it seriously) and the costs will be less than if I were to tutor one on one. I plan on holding classes weekends only. I will be holding classes this weekend (2-16-08 to 2-17-08) and possibly the weekend after that (my birthday weekend so we'll see) at a reduced amount so that I can get my bearings together and start up a curriculum. It will be kinda rough so you'll have to bear with me if you decide to join. I will be starting classes March 1 if there is enough interest and will continue classes as interest holds.

I will be charging $10 a day for 2 days per person. (aka $20 this weekend) Payment taken in advance (I'll post up paypal information later in an edit) I will take us from MessageBox Hello world to learning ollydbg basics. This is the intro class and will be repeated again march first. Normal classes will cost $20 a day for 2 days per person (aka $40 a weekend) but this will be an interactive class built twards the classes personal interests. I will also have guest speakers / instructors stop by and help out and share their experience.

I will provide all tools. I havn't worked all the bugs out in setting up my nasm the way i really want it, so until then I will be using masm.

If you are seriously interested, please let me know here
    or email me Jakor@CyberCitadel.net

Prices are tenative and are subject to change.

I will use this as the first building block so I don't just have to tell people: "Go learn to program first"

If you have ever been interested in learning assembly, please signup.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well you have shown, in the crackme section at least, you know something. But i believe in the favor of the community you should post some credibility information about yourself? References, certification, achivements, etc., proof you know? That you're a payable asm teacher.
    Last edited by Toymaker; 02-12-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Why don't you just tell me how I can setup a compiler that doesn't suck dick, and actually compiles code?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Is that comment at Jakor about the Assembly language, jetamay ?

Thanks
    @ jetamay: You use an assembler in assembly. I don't have alot of experience in the high level language compilers. As far as setting it up. There is no need to setup either of the two assembly languages I use (masm/nasm). I will be running through "setting up" radasm the IDE I go through the features you need to know and not any of the extras.

@Secksy: I have done alot in the past. I wrote my own OS a few years ago. I wrote many starcraft hacks. But my friend lost my power cord to my external hard drive so I don't have access to the code there. I was currently working on a game hacking api, when a few people have asked me for tutoring and I started getting busy with that. As far as references. You may check out bw********** and see that I have a history of being smart/helpful. Believe it or not, bwhacks at one point was about as bad as this place for spam and hack begging. I released tutorials and source code to hacks that were supposed to be private. (I didn't have access to the private ones, and released my own code) I even showed blizzard the parts of their code which were wrong when mineral hacks were abound and they couldn't find how to fix it. The thread was removed from b-net forums as i showed how the hacks worked.

Is there something specific you wanted me to explain? I'll try to dig up some old tutorials....
    Last edited by Toymaker; 06-29-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks
    I actually might consider doing this.

Thanks
    I'd love to have you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well, that's cool. I'm sure we'll get reviews from people who take your offer, too. Although i think that other site you mentioned has mostly inept pricks.

Thanks
    They come off that way because alot of them know how things work but can't do anything with that knowledge. They know that a mineral hack doesn't just work because of how things are synched (yet don't know how to program other things either), but they get 100's of people asking for it. The ones who know what they are talking about don't like sharing too much because everyone turns it into hack begging. But some of the people on there will actually help if you show that you have taken the first steps in learning to program yourself.

I will be requesting that the people who take the first class fill out a review sheet, and these will be made public and anonymous if wished.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well, that works me, and I like you. xD

Thanks
    Here's the agenda so far:
    Code:
    Jakor's Game Hacking School

Agenda:
    1. Installation of Masm32
    2. Installation of Radasm
    	1. IDE
    	2. Assembly Modules
    	3. Win32.hlp
    3. JGHS-MessageBox (Hello World)
    	1. Directives
    	2. Includes
    	3. Constants
    	4. Initialized Data
    	5. Uninitialized Data
    	6. Code
    	7. Registers
    	8. Numbers
    	9. Sizes
    	10. Math
    	11. Logical Operations
    4. JGHS-Notepad (Making Something Useful)
    5. Installation of OllyDbg
    6. Intro to OllyDbg
    	1. Loading a program
    	2. Starting Execution
    	3. Execution Breakpoints
    	4. Read Memory Breakpoints
    	5. Write Memory Breakpoints
    	6. Looking at JGHS-MessageBox
    	7. NOP
    	8. The Stack
    	9. Assembly On The Fly
    	10. Text Strings
    	11. References
    It's subject to change depending on how fast everything goes. It starts extremely simple and will move quickly (but hopefully not too quickly =p) into some real programing and debugging. This is the intro class, so we will not be touching on any specific game programming in this class.

edit:
    https://www.cybercitadel.net/Download...MessageBox.exe
    https://www.cybercitadel.net/Download...HS-Notepad.exe
    ^-- these are the two programs we will be making during this class I will also be setting up sections on my forum for these classes
    Last edited by Jakor; 02-13-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    I just have no idea how to set up a compiler.

Compile = Assemble, so its not incorrect if I say compiler, and not assembler, seeing as both terms mean the same thing.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Quick question:

How will you be teaching? Over MSN or something?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast