I was hoping some of the folks over here would be able to help me.

I have found a potential weakness in the dead frontier game, but I am unable to exploit it as of yet.

So basically the game communicates using packets (like any other online game). However in order to save resources it only sends information at certain times. For the most part, the game is all locally stored while you are actually playing it.

So when DF sends you data it sends you an update of the monsters stats and your own stats and items and things of that nature. My idea would be to edit these values so that when you go into an outpost you change your exp gain to something ridiculous so you have an instant level up.

Other possibilities would be editing agility to be uber high so you move extremely fast. Editing endurance so you can take tons of hits. Other ideas are also possible.

So you are probably wondering... whats the problem? Why hasn't this been done. Well... DF uses hash keys to make sure that the data that is being sent/received does so without being edited.

Hunting around in the memory for a while revealed that it is likely the the SHA1 hash algorithm is being used.
Additionally DF has a javascript which I believe is being used to calculate the hash keys, but I cannot access it.
https://fairview.deadfrontier.com/onl...efault/sha1.js

After sifting through some of my packets I have also come to the conclusion that the hash keys are salted because there is a hash for the password sent out with some packets and my password does not yield any usable results when hashed.

My idea is thus. If I can find what has algorithm is being used, and how it is being fed the data to hash, then I can create my own hash keys. Using these I would filter the incoming packets to the values that I want and generate a new hash key for it so that the local version of the game doesn't detect anything. Then on the outgoing I would filter the packets so that it corrects my changes and gives the proper hash key to the server, that way the server thinks everything is hunky dory.

If anyone wants to help I would really appreciate it. Here are some useful websites:

WhatsMyIP.org : Hash Generator
useful to generate all sorts of hashes

Winsock Packet Editor (WPE) Pro - Downloads
contains downloads for WPE pro, cheat engine, artmoney, and t-search. Anything you could need really.