Thanks

Couple of questions regarding PS3

Hello everybody,
    I have a couple of questions, I am really out of the ps3 loop and am trying to learn as much as possible. I see that there is a jailbreak for it? I had a psp that was jailbreaked, which allowed me to download games for free and play them on there. Is that the same with this? What would be the advantages and disadvantages on doing this? Also how would I go about in jailbreaking my ps3?
    Any sort of input from you all would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!

Thanks
    *Update*
    I found some more information regarding the subject at hand. I guess the only way to do it is to downgrade my firmware first, backup all save files, get a ps3 jailbreak dongle, and then buy a usb keyboard....So I know that now, only thing I am having trouble on finding information is regarding the Pros and Cons, well I find information but it is mixed. Some people are saying you get banned, others say you dont. If someone could provide a clearer answer regarding that, that would be awesome!!!! That also the question regarding downloading games off of torrents and putting them onto my 1TB external HD and being able to play them on the jailbreaked PS3?
    Also another question I forgot to mention, would I still be able to play all of my other games? Like Gran Turismo? and will games released in the future work?

I know these are a lot of questions, and sorry if some of them have been answered before. I swear to god I read throughout the entire forum as best as I could

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by arodfan View Post
    *Update*
    I found some more information regarding the subject at hand. I guess the only way to do it is to downgrade my firmware first, backup all save files, get a ps3 jailbreak dongle, and then buy a usb keyboard....So I know that now, only thing I am having trouble on finding information is regarding the Pros and Cons, well I find information but it is mixed. Some people are saying you get banned, others say you dont. If someone could provide a clearer answer regarding that, that would be awesome!!!! That also the question regarding downloading games off of torrents and putting them onto my 1TB external HD and being able to play them on the jailbreaked PS3?
    Also another question I forgot to mention, would I still be able to play all of my other games? Like Gran Turismo? and will games released in the future work?

I know these are a lot of questions, and sorry if some of them have been answered before. I swear to god I read throughout the entire forum as best as I could
    Please, know ho to organize what you want to know, it's all so confusing.
    1. Just go here to jailbreak a PS3 PS3 Custom Firmware 3.55
    2. You can't download any game to your external because a game is like more than 5 GB, that's a waste of bandwidth. But if you're talking about mini games, I'm not sure if you can find any.
    3. You don't get banned from the custom firmware made by GeoHot as it is just like the official firmware

Anything else?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diminished For This Useful Post:

arodfan (01-22-2011),[MPGH]AVGN (01-21-2011),WOLFPACK X69X (01-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Diminished View Post

2. You can't download any game to your external because a game is like more than 5 GB, that's a waste of bandwidth. But if you're talking about mini games, I'm not sure if you can find any.
    3. You don't get banned from the custom firmware made by GeoHot as it is just like the official firmware

Anything else?
    yeah what he said i wish that you would get games for free on ps3!

Thanks

Anything else?

GREAT INFO, THANKS

Thanks
    Well sorry for the confusion, was not my intention. You pretty much answered most of the questions! So thank you very very much for that!!!

Are you saying one cannot download any PS3 game due to certain restrictions on the firmware capabilities or perhaps uploading them to online servers, such as torrent sites? Or are you saying it is not possible due to the amount of time that it takes to download? If it is the latter your referring to, well then I think that is relevant to whom is downloading it. I do not mind the wait, in fact I have downloaded files around that size. Just had to leave my computer on overnight!

Again thank you a BILLION for your help so far!! I really do appreciate it!

Anything else?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I think it's possible if you can copy it from a Blu-Ray game.
    But getting it online is impossible because a game would be like around 30 - 70 GB
    That's ones limit of bandwidth, so I wouldn't do it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Bandwidth these days is not a problem for 30 - 70 GB as there is 1TB internet out. The main problem would be the advanced DRM protection that Sony uses. They use it on everything to stop people from pirating and so far the Ps3 version of it seems to be advanced.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

arodfan (01-23-2011)

Thanks
    Ok this is what I figured, haha good to see you understood me. From what I hear your a guru of sorts in regards to this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion7200 View Post
    Bandwidth these days is not a problem for 30 - 70 GB as there is 1TB internet out. The main problem would be the advanced DRM protection that Sony uses. They use it on everything to stop people from pirating and so far the Ps3 version of it seems to be advanced.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Yeah, Even back in the days some of the PS2 games had protection although it was basic enough for Nero to crack, these days I'm not to sure if nero can crack it or if it is possible to get copied ps3 games. I know everything downloaded online uses DRM protection, so I'm gonna conclude that the Blu-Ray disks that have games on them have some sort of protection as well. Doubt Sony will let another PS2 scene happen. Although with Jailbreak I'm pretty sure you can back up games onto your PS3. So that file might have something to do with distribution

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    Hmm interesting. Well hey Xion now that I have you, I was wondering if you could indulge me with some knowledge regarding the Ps3 custom firmware? the 3.55. I installed it, but see no advantageous venues with it so far.