Thread: Quran - English

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quran - English

This is not a war against religion nor faith, i just was looking for a beautiful surah in the quran and wanted to share, it has English translations also

-Humble

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    It's nice that you posted this in the debate section, I don't mind hearing the Qur'an being recited yet again but there really is not much to debate about, is there?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    This isn't a debate, as Coeus stated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nobody cares.

Jews=God's special people

Muslims= Wish they were God's special people.

Get over it bitch.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ You are brainwashed to that extent? Pretty serious bro.(visible)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ You are brainwashed to that extent? Pretty serious bro.(visible)

Yup, my brain is clean.

Yours is still dirty, i suggest you wash it out

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Nobody cares.

Jews=God's special people

Muslims= Wish they were God's special people.

Get over it bitch.
    Lol, "Jews=God's special people", damn it i forgot God gave earth to JUST jews, and he spread other humans to inhabit it for no reason at all..

Tell me why is it impossible for a non Jew to convert to judaism, a zionist jew is a real jew, orthodox is a fake hiding the truth.

Someone is mad

--

I heard if Jews listen to quran they get mad IT TRUE! =o
    Last edited by Para DICE; 01-26-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    Someone is mad
    O.O you just raged, and then said he's mad, lulz.

?_? how can you not understand any religion at all?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Lol, "Jews=God's special people", damn it i forgot God gave earth to JUST jews, and he spread other humans to inhabit it for no reason at all..

Tell me why is it impossible for a non Jew to convert to judaism, a zionist jew is a real jew, orthodox is a fake hiding the truth.

Someone is mad

--

I heard if Jews listen to quran they get mad IT TRUE! =o
    God chose to raise JEWISH prophets.
    Not Palestinians right?

I didn't say God only came to be God of the Jews, or simply teach the Jews.
    But pretty much everyone in the bible Bible that was utilised to spread God's word was Jewish. Then came Islamic teaching, who tried to use these prophets and teachers as bricks to the foundation of their religion. As I said, ripped is ripped.

Who mad now?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    God chose to raise JEWISH prophets.
    Not Palestinians right?

I didn't say God only came to be God of the Jews, or simply teach the Jews.
    But pretty much everyone in the bible Bible that was utilised to spread God's word was Jewish. Then came Islamic teaching, who tried to use these prophets and teachers as bricks to the foundation of their religion. As I said, ripped is ripped.

Who mad now?
    correction: Islam = Submit to God in arabic.

Ok, did Jesus submit to god? yes or no.
    Did moses submit to god? yes or no.
    Did joseph submit to god? yes or no.

Judaism to me is a beautiful religion, to me its like Islam, Judaism and Islam are the closest religions, christians may think christians are closer because of the old testament, but the torah is pretty much like the quran.

Allah = God.
    Islam = Submit to god.

People take the word "Islam" as a religion, but it isn't the word meaning "submit to god".

I don't hate jews, i read the torah its like my second quran. the bible on the otherhand i find no use in reading as i believe/know it is not as it used to be.

If the earliest torah was found, ill be thinking of becoming Jewish.

The quran never says kill jews or christians, this is christians who can't accept the truth changing the word "Unbelievers" to "Jews" or "christians". Yes some places in the quran it says "kill all unbelievers" but this is gods orders to the war which was faught in mecca.

Its hard to explain my views on judaism not face to face, as the way i speak will make you understand.
    No matter how much you hate Islam, i will love judaism.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    correction: Islam = Submit to God in arabic.

Ok, did Jesus submit to god? yes or no.
    Did moses submit to god? yes or no.
    Did joseph submit to god? yes or no.

Judaism to me is a beautiful religion, to me its like Islam, Judaism and Islam are the closest religions, christians may think christians are closer because of the old testament, but the torah is pretty much like the quran.

Allah = God.
    Islam = Submit to god.

People take the word "Islam" as a religion, but it isn't the word meaning "submit to god".

I don't hate jews, i read the torah its like my second quran. the bible on the otherhand i find no use in reading as i believe/know it is not as it used to be.

If the earliest torah was found, ill be thinking of becoming Jewish.

The quran never says kill jews or christians, this is christians who can't accept the truth changing the word "Unbelievers" to "Jews" or "christians". Yes some places in the quran it says "kill all unbelievers" but this is gods orders to the war which was faught in mecca.

Its hard to explain my views on judaism not face to face, as the way i speak will make you understand.
    No matter how much you hate Islam, i will love judaism.
    I remember you saying that both books were corrupted.
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CaT- For This Useful Post:

Casavir (01-28-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    O U GO CAT.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    I have never said both books are corrupted i've said the torah original is long lost, and so is the bible.

Heres the thing:

>> According to the Bible, thousands of years ago Moses has predicted that the Bible will be corrupted by men ...

"He gave this command to the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD: Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God. There it will remain as a witness against you. For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the LORD while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die! Assemble before me all the elders of your tribes and all your officials, so that I can speak these words in their hearing and call heaven and earth to testify against them. For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall upon you because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD and provoke him to anger by what your hands have made."

(Deuteronomy 31:25-29)

Christian scholars admit the bible is corrupted:

1. Dr. W. Graham Scroggie (Moody Bible Institute, Chicago) was asked "Is the Bible the Word of God?".

He answered, "Yes, the Bible is human, though some, out of zeal which is not according to knowledge, have denied this. Those books have passed through the minds of men, are written in the language of men, were penned by the hands of men, and bear in their style the characteristics of men."

2. Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem, "The Call of the Minaret":

"Not so the New Testament . . . There is condensation and editing; there is choice, reproduction and witness. The Gospels have come through the mind of the Church behind the authors. They represent experience and history."

----
    More proof of bible being corrupted:

1. Old Testament books with extra 7 more books and missing in today's Bible, the books such as 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach.
    2. New Testament books with extra 2 more books, the Epistle of Barnabas and The Sherperd of Hermas

----

Quran talking about people corrupting the bible:

"And do they not know that Allah knows whatever they keep secret and whatever they make public? And among them are illiterates (who) do not know the Book except (only) fancies, and decidedly they do (nothing) except surmise. So woe to (the ones) who write the Book with their hands; thereafter they say, "This is from (the Providence of) Allah, that they may trade it for a little price; So, woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned."

(Quran 2:77-79)

----

The torah is "improved" and improving the word of God is impossible, and is clasified as corrupted.

The torah is like chinese whispers there was a few scrolls, and it was taught verbally, down a long line of generation and elders this is the mistake made, it would have been better and more efficient to make copies.

----

Whether you believe me in this or not, i really don't mind the choices you make here and now is upto you and between you and God, not between you and me, im happy the way you are and with the choices you make, mainly because i don't care about the choices you make and it don't concern me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I have never said both books are corrupted i've said the torah original is long lost, and so is the bible.

Heres the thing:

>> According to the Bible, thousands of years ago Moses has predicted that the Bible will be corrupted by men ...

"He gave this command to the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD: Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God. There it will remain as a witness against you. For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the LORD while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die! Assemble before me all the elders of your tribes and all your officials, so that I can speak these words in their hearing and call heaven and earth to testify against them. For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall upon you because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD and provoke him to anger by what your hands have made."

(Deuteronomy 31:25-29)

Christian scholars admit the bible is corrupted:

1. Dr. W. Graham Scroggie (Moody Bible Institute, Chicago) was asked "Is the Bible the Word of God?".

He answered, "Yes, the Bible is human, though some, out of zeal which is not according to knowledge, have denied this. Those books have passed through the minds of men, are written in the language of men, were penned by the hands of men, and bear in their style the characteristics of men."

2. Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem, "The Call of the Minaret":

"Not so the New Testament . . . There is condensation and editing; there is choice, reproduction and witness. The Gospels have come through the mind of the Church behind the authors. They represent experience and history."

----
    More proof of bible being corrupted:

1. Old Testament books with extra 7 more books and missing in today's Bible, the books such as 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach.
    2. New Testament books with extra 2 more books, the Epistle of Barnabas and The Sherperd of Hermas

----

Quran talking about people corrupting the bible:

"And do they not know that Allah knows whatever they keep secret and whatever they make public? And among them are illiterates (who) do not know the Book except (only) fancies, and decidedly they do (nothing) except surmise. So woe to (the ones) who write the Book with their hands; thereafter they say, "This is from (the Providence of) Allah, that they may trade it for a little price; So, woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned."

(Quran 2:77-79)

----

The torah is "improved" and improving the word of God is impossible, and is clasified as corrupted.

The torah is like chinese whispers there was a few scrolls, and it was taught verbally, down a long line of generation and elders this is the mistake made, it would have been better and more efficient to make copies.

----

Whether you believe me in this or not, i really don't mind the choices you make here and now is upto you and between you and God, not between you and me, im happy the way you are and with the choices you make, mainly because i don't care about the choices you make and it don't concern me.

Son..you really need to comprehend things better..

Moses wasn't even talking about the Bible being corrupt, he was talking about people becoming corrupt, as in not following God's word.

And I already brought up the missing books you speak of.

The "lost books" were never lost. They were known by the Jews in Old Testament times and the Christians of the New Testament times and were never considered scripture. They weren't lost nor were they removed. They were never in the Bible in the first place.

The books you mentioned known as the Apocrypha,
    were rejected as books of the Bible by both Jews and Christians.

Some Protestant sects read the Bible containing the Apocrypha.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-27-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Here's the thing, the quran is just as true as the book of mormon.

Quite literally they are identical in how they were created.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

CaT- (01-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Here's the thing, the quran is just as true as the book of mormon.

Quite literally they are identical in how they were created.
    Some might even go so far as to say that all holy books are probably man-made literature with very little if any bearing on reality.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast