Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

State Of The Union Address

By law, the President of the United States of America is expected to report on the state of the union annually. Every President since Woodrow Wilson has given this as an oral speech.

Tonight Barack Obama will be reporting on the state of the union at around 9 pm.

Are you going to watch it?
    If so, what kinds of things are you looking for him to talk about?

Do not post your opinions about Obama as a person or a President here. This is strictly regarding the State of the Union address.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 01-25-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    No. I wont.

Thanks
    The State of the Union is Embarrassing.

We are quickly losing our status as a global economic super power.

Government spending is out of control.

Our nation deficit is so bad be can barely pay the interest on our loans from china etc.

We cant do what other countries do, due to over-regulated policies and big-government.

We need to cut down on big-government and useless programs.

that just my opinon tho

and yes i'm going to listen to it on the radio

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    DO NOT CARE I LIVE IN AUS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    i am completely looking forward to this! I am going to watch it live online, CNN Live yes!

CNN.com Live - Breaking news, live events, and today's top stories

As you stated I won't comment about Obama as a president, But I am expecting him to suddenly sound "republican" after the recent increase in "tea party" members and the current unhappy tune being sung about Obama's policies he really only has two ways to turn. Address the issues and incorporate both sides, or face more opposition. I expect to hear more things such as "less regulation" and "Allow business to proceed" coming from him. I also expect him to discuss the economy and the horrid increase in unemployment. I honestly love his charisma and how he communicates with his audience, so i can not wait purely for the effect. Even if you do not live in America, or particularly care about politics I do recommend viewing such events.

179 56′ 39.4″, +0 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Christ its at 9pm EST...

Also it is available at the white house website and youtube.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Dont confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Christ its at 9pm EST...

Also it is available at the white house website and youtube.
    Originally projected for 8pm like a couple days ago
    9pm it is, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    i am completely looking forward to this! I am going to watch it live online, CNN Live yes!

CNN.com Live - Breaking news, live events, and today's top stories

As you stated I won't comment about Obama as a president, But I am expecting him to suddenly sound "republican" after the recent increase in "tea party" members and the current unhappy tune being sung about Obama's policies he really only has two ways to turn. Address the issues and incorporate both sides, or face more opposition. I expect to hear more things such as "less regulation" and "Allow business to proceed" coming from him. I also expect him to discuss the economy and the horrid increase in unemployment. I honestly love his charisma and how he communicates with his audience, so i can not wait purely for the effect. Even if you do not live in America, or particularly care about politics I do recommend viewing such events.

I suppose you're not aware that Obama has been doing all of these things already? He's had to become a little more conservative in his policies as of late. We're in a deficit, of course he has to.
    Also, national unemployment rates have been going down gradually lately. Of course, Florida and New York are sucking wind right now, a lot of other big states are on the rise, and smaller states are seeing better employment rates than they've seen in years.

Agreed, though, about his ability to give a speech. The man can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by MindTek View Post
    is this your homework assignment?
    No, politics just interests me and I'd like to have one topic in general that isn't covered in stupid 12 year old spam and flame.
    --------------------------------------------------
    To anyone:

Out of the four big issues:
    Education
    Healthcare
    Economy
    Foreign Policy

Which is of the largest importance to you?
    Last edited by Scruffy; 01-25-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    is this your homework assignment?
    MindTek Exists As A Harm Reduction Nigga And Does Not Condemn Or Condone.

Rap & Hip Hop section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I think Healthcare is hugely important to address, specially with the recent Republican, symbolic repeal of the healthcare reform. These people are truly hypocrites, the same people who refused to approve a bill that helped 9-11 first responders since 2002.

We also need to stop letting corporations control the government, it should be the other way around.

Education, more specifically higher education, needs to be more available, and cheaper for future generations. Parents should not have to decide b/w paying for groceries and paying tuition.

It's no secret I am a huge Obama supporter, I believe he is one of the best and most honest presidents we have had in many decades. As far as higher leaning towards the right, just shows his willingness to work together, when he is literally forced to. The republicans threaten to stop every single move he tries to make. Why Americans, or rather the old people of America decided to vote republican is beyond me, its like they forgot the Bush years existed.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Dont confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I think Healthcare is hugely important to address, specially with the recent Republican, symbolic repeal of the healthcare reform. These people are truly hypocrites, the same people who refused to approve a bill that helped 9-11 first responders since 2002.

We also need to stop letting corporations control the government, it should be the other way around.

Education, more specifically higher education, needs to be more available, and cheaper for future generations. Parents should not have to decide b/w paying for groceries and paying tuition.

It's no secret I am a huge Obama supporter, I believe he is one of the best and most honest presidents we have had in many decades. As far as higher leaning towards the right, just shows his willingness to work together, when he is literally forced to. The republicans threaten to stop every single move he tries to make. Why Americans, or rather the old people of America decided to vote republican is beyond me, its like they forgot the Bush years existed.
    FUCK PARTY LINES
    Anyone who votes on party lines is a dumbass. All republicans and democrats do is argue with each other, and try to undo everything that the other ones have done, and get bribed by corporate lobbyist.

But What you, and Obama don't seem to get, is that if your going to keep healthcare 'organizations' from not paying up, or not accepting people because of pre-existing conditions, you are going to have to pass something to keep them from raising their rates because of these new limitations.

I don't have healthcare coverage this year because rates nearly doubled for me after that bill passed.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 01-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

Stoney Franklin (01-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post

FUCK PARTY LINES
    Anyone who votes on party lines is a dumbass. All they do is argue with eachother and get bribed by corporate lobbyist.
    agreed
    but then again thats all polictians do
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe

GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    But What you, and Obama don't seem to get, is that if your going to keep healthcare 'organizations' from not paying up, or not accepting people because of pre-existing conditions, you are going to have to pass something to keep them from raising their rates because of these new limitations.
    WTF are you talking about, one of the biggest point in the bill was that healthcare insurance providers cannot deny/remove your coverage due to pre-existing conditions. So that statement makes no sense. Also the bill puts a cap on rates, they cannot raise them on you without approval, and they are working on regulating the wording used in contracts and information. Many huge insurance companies did w.e they could before the bill kicked in during January 1st 2011. My only regret is that the public option was completely removed, but I do understand that due to the trillions in deficit, we cannot afford such a measure.

I

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    No because canada>america

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    Get outta here. Fuck that shit mang.
    I won't be watching it. i'll prbly come across it tmrw sometime and watch it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    You haven't watched

I watched it for 5 minutes then went to sleep for school.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast