Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

[Info]Introduction To ActionScript[Resources]

What is ActionScript:

The ActionScript scripting language lets you add complex interactivity, playback control, and data display to your Adobe Flash application. You can add ActionScript in the authoring environment by using the Actions panel, Script window, or an external editor. ActionScript follows its own rules of syntax, reserved keywords, and lets you use variables to store and retrieve information. ActionScript includes a large library of built-in classes that let you create objects to perform many useful tasks.

ActionScript lets you create powerful 2D games and much more interactive content with extensive libraries and graphical tools. You don’t need to understand every ActionScript element to begin scripting. If you have a clear goal, you can start building scripts with very simple actions.

ActionScript Versions:

Flash includes more than one version of ActionScript to meet the needs of different kinds of developers and playback hardware.

ActionScript 3.0 executes extremely fast. This version requires somewhat more familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts than the other ActionScript versions. ActionScript 3.0 offers better XML processing, an improved event model, and an improved architecture for working with onscreen elements. FLA files that use ActionScript 3.0 cannot include earlier versions of ActionScript.

ActionScript 2.0 is simpler to learn than ActionScript 3.0. Although Flash Player runs compiled ActionScript 2.0 code slower than compiled ActionScript 3.0 code, ActionScript 2.0 is still useful for many kinds of projects that are not computationally intensive; for example, more design-oriented content.

ActionScript 1.0 is the simplest form of ActionScript, and is still used by some versions of the Flash Lite Player. ActionScript 1.0 and 2.0 can coexist in the same FLA file.

Flash Lite 2.x ActionScript is a subset of ActionScript 2.0 that is supported by Flash Lite 2.x running on mobile phones and devices.
    Flash Lite 1.x ActionScript is a subset of ActionScript 1.0 that is supported by Flash Lite 1.x running on mobile phones and devices.

Resources For Learning ActionScript:
    Here are some resources that you'll find useful when learning ActionScript;

Blogs:

Forums:

Books:

Video Training:

Video training is good way to get started for some because it teaches by actual demonstration rather than descriptive text. Here are a couple of great resources with materials related to Flash and ActionScript.

Conferences:

Libraries:

While using a pre-created library of code is not typically common for beginner users, it’s very helpful to know that these libraries exist as you begin work on new projects. Sometimes, it’s worth investing a little time learning how to use a script library rather than reinventing the wheel. Libraries, when used in combination with knowing how to write your own scripts, can be powerful development assets.

Collections:

3D:

Games:

Media:

Tweening:

Data/File Exchange:

Maps:

Social Networking:

General Learning Tutorials:

ActionScript Tutorials
    Macromedia Flash Actionscripting Tutorials - Tutorialized

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you will find this useful. If you need any help with Flash or ActionScript, feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Hassan
    Last edited by Hassan; 02-14-2011 at 11:33 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

mookamoka3 (02-20-2011),ThePecko (04-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks for this. Hopefully people read this, and bring the activity level from 1 person to 4 or maybe even 5!

Glad somebodies active here though. I have a question for a game im making... ill post a thread soon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by mookamoka3 View Post
    Thanks for this. Hopefully people read this, and bring the activity level from 1 person to 4 or maybe even 5!

Glad somebodies active here though. I have a question for a game im making... ill post a thread soon.
    . Go for it. I'll be glad to help. Plus, I am writing extensive tutorials, so stay tuned :P

@mookamoka3
    Last edited by Hassan; 02-21-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

. Go for it. I'll be glad to help. Plus, I am writing extensive tutorials, so stay tuned :P

@mookamoka3
    Alright thanks !