Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Norton is fucking shit.
    I have it, but I keep it because I have to. My mom payed 80 bucks for this shit, and would throw a bitch fit if I uninstalled it. Even worse, Norton thinks everything is a virus, so I tend to disable it alot. Seems like it harms more then it helps...I can't tell what is safe, and what's not while using this pos.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I HIGHLY recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. Sometimes it doesn't even detect false positives and lets you do whatever you want to the virus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Norton is crack bullshit
    use Bit Defender

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I just use avast.

Most of the time not even anything

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    get AVG in the CA section. It's a pretty good malware detector.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    i have it and its alright, i mean it lets a few through once in a while but those are only the top end viruses if you know :3

Thanks
    I would uninstall this piece of shit, except that if I did my dad would kick me out of the house and I'd be on the streets. His dumb ass took a 3 week computer class and now he thinks he knows everything about computers. He would come back home like a little kid and just say all these words he just learned. But he paid like $100+ for this damned thing. He upgraded it, he bought it at Walmart for over $100, that's $100 that could've gone towards the massive amount of bills they owe. I had Bit Defender, Avira, and basically everything I've found on here and used them all. Not once after I used ANY of those was there 1 single virus on this computer. As soon as he took them all off, the computer ran super slow and I found out why...my nephew had downloaded a simple trojan that's so easily noticeable, I then proceeded to delete it off my computer, the guy who made it only did it as a test type thing, good thing it was just a silly little trojan.

Thanks
    Lol i just saw a commercial for this Norton is one of the worst if not the worst AV's out there, and i have noticed on a lot of crypted keyloggers, rats, trojans they are among the last that finally detect it.. The best thing i find is not to download any programs without reviews i.e. forums or torrent comments. Also you can always use a website to scan the file first thought it could be crypted (be hidden) to anti virus for a few weeks or more.
    Last edited by jewbele; 05-31-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by jewbele View Post
    Lol i just saw a commercial for this Norton is one of the worst if not the worst AV's out there, and i have noticed on a lot of crypted keyloggers, rats, trojans they are among the last that finally detect it.. The best thing i find is not to download any programs without reviews i.e. forums or torrent comments. Also you can always use a website to scan the file first thought it could be crypted (be hidden) to anti virus for a few weeks or more.
    Norton relies on it's Sonar Protection.
    Norton uses too much system resource.
    It's a very sucky piece of crap AV.
    I use it though since I am too lazy to take it out.
    It's good though in protecting you against common threats and circulating and detected threats.

Thanks
    I have been using Norton 360 for quite some time now. I have been satisfied with it and it also gives good protection when surfing the net. I have one problem with though being too protective at times. If you set it to automatically delete or move stuff to the vault, your resources might be gone all to sudden. It deletes hacking software and other related materials. So your back up must be encrypted so with a password so it would not be able to run through it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    I don't think it's just a problem with Norton 360. Many antivirus software often detect hacktools as viruses, so I don't think changing will improve.

Does anyone know of a slightly more "lenient" antivirus?

Thanks
    Huge crap!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Most anti-viruses are detecting hack tools as viruses. It is totally normal as theses tools are illegal. The anti-virus i currently am using is Norton internet Security.

TIP: Don't crack your anti-virus, sometime it just make it fail.

Still want your hack tools ? Most anti-viruses have an ''add to exception'' feature. Just google how to do it for your anti-virus or/and contact the Tech support if you don't know how or just want more information about your anti-virus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    Sure Norton isn't good, ESET
    not true u can actually run Prex injector if u just shut it down for 15 or a day or w/e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12