Thread: --Guidelines--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw VIII View Post
    so true, but at least u understood the section

this is gonna fail, its never worked before, but its nice to see u trying, i give u a 5 outa 10 for effort
    Banned4heresy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Ethereal , Not at all, in fact that was the furthest thing from my mind (in regards to you), however, Considering you were responding to the guidelines and the context of your post was in direct response to the ban/infraction for debating, the only natural retort would be in the same regard.

Sorry if you think that I meant that I thought you think fun is flaming, not at all.

This section can stay the way it is, same fun, same random spam, same w/e, only thing I wanna see is greater activity & less flaming , plus the small other mentionable parts of my OP.

@Ryan I am not aware of past happenings, all I know is this section (like a few others) have a lot of potential, just like to see it there. But to get there, GFX team & Regulars should collaborate on some ideas (IMO).

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 03:20 PM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ethereal (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
    @Ethereal , Not at all, in fact that was the furthest thing from my mind (in regards to you), however, Considering you were responding to the guidelines and the context of your post was in direct response to the ban/infraction for debating, the only natural retort would be in the same regard.

Sorry if you think that I meant that I thought you think fun is flaming, not at all.

This section can stay the way it is, same fun, same random spam, same w/e, only thing I wanna see is greater activity & less flaming , plus the small other mentionable parts of my OP.
    I should host another payed competition,
    but this time advertise it in General and the Gfx section.
    The turn out of the last LP contest I did kinda sucked..
    Last edited by Ethereal; 03-18-2011 at 03:24 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I should host another payed competition,
    but this time advertise it General and the Gfx section.
    The turn out of the last LP contest I did kinda sucked..
    still more than ryguy ever did
    i tried the tourny again but there wasnt enough people being active and on time with entries
    the other problem we face is the skill gap, in any comp u me ryan and shayno take out everyone unless mitch rocks up

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Like @Ethereal said, maybe some General advertising would help?

@Ryan @Ethereal @Ryguy @Scrcrw @ Everyone who frequents this section

And maybe offering Contests that appeal to other art forms?

Examples:

Contests for - User Interface Design for application designers (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Photography (theme based) (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Logos (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Advertisements (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Video Art (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Web Design GFX (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Mods & Logins GFX (& or a section for it)
    Contests for - Wallpaper GFX (& or a section for it)

@ Maybe (If I may) Alternate so there is always some sort of contest going on, every week , something to attract every member in MPGH (considering many members fall into one of these categories or would)

I know that's a lot, and highly unlikely , just some thoughts that essentially lead up to the main concept, a lot of members here are not interested in Sig design, but my creating more options and showing everyone this section is more then just about Signatures and the occasional photography / wallpaper.

Maybe each week, the contest is held here, but every contest gets a thread made in general

IE: SOTW # 1 Is Open for all members , anyone who would like to try for your chance at winning one of the most sought after titles on MPGH should stop by and review the details of the competition @ this link (Nextgen1 temporary sticky) .

IE: SOTW # 1 Results are in for all Members to vote, Please stop by and vote for your favorite signature, remember to view the rules before posting (Nextgen1 temporary sticky)

And do the same each week for different types of contests. We can find some prizes to offer, however, You would probably be surprised with how many members would join the contest for the title & great signature alone (you just have to word it right)

Enter for a chance to have one of the most prestigious titles on MPGH, Then battle every week to keep your title.
    Somewhat incisive IMO

Again, just some thoughts, up to you guys

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    the only problem u have with opening up SOTW like that is u get newphags in who wanna win VIP (or other prizes) they then rip and we have SOTWs where its a bunch of rippers, now this is happened before so i know what im talkin about
    u dont want too many sections, there is a small small small number of people who do web design and wallpapers are just LA (but shittier), same with logos and stuff no one really does them much (unless ur a freelance artist), and as for photography, i could always do with my own section, but srsly its not needed, im the only one whos into it
    and photo comps wouldnt work well unless we did it how i prefer to run my tournies and bring in external judges, cause only really me ryan jimmy and shayne properly understand how photography works and what makes a good photo here

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    @NextGen1

derrrp sounds fun

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Scrcrw more just concepts & ideas, in marketing you learn to address the larger market, when designing advertisements for a client, it is a great idea to make the client happy, but also to help fill the gap & that's more of what I am trying to display, In any contest, rippers get removed from the project, it's one of the hazards of any competition in any section, someone wants to have the title so they leech / rip someone else's work, but the concept of the contest isn't so much about the SOTW, but about driving traffic.

The same way a advertiser would do it with SEO on a website or using a publicist for press releases, The concept of it is to increase / drive traffic to a single location in hopes that even 20% or more stay behind, if you guys get 100 members to join, 15 are not good and rip, and 85 are, then the rippers become a irrelevant unavoidable "sacrifice" (for lack of a better word). Obviously those numbers are skewed, but essentially the outcome can be the same (ratio wise)
    Drive traffic to a location , and hope you can keep some of that traffic flowing.

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    this is where u are going wrong, this is where u will fail, this is what happened kinda with liz
    SOTW is about the art full stop.
    it is not some kind of vessel to drive traffic, take that road and in the opinion of most you will fail, because ur making our section about traffic, not art

Shifty sexy shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Who can judge, The concept that should understood is art is left up to the interpreter, not self proclaimed professional, (ryan or ryguy) seen I have worked commercially in advertisement design with decent size companies, however My signatures need work, because even though I feel I am a decent designer & work in Design / Development & marketing professionally , others with their own opinions feel otherwise, which in turn means that a contest like this is best left for majority vote, which is why contests like Americas Got Talent & American Idol are left to the public and not to those three judges, the judges opinion are professional, however, just because they don't like them doesn't mean others can't see there talent.

Edit:

@Scrcrw , your misunderstanding me, I am not making it ABOUT traffic, I am leveraging the concept, I think as a photographer you should have a better appreciation for what art is, some would call abstract art a mess, others would call it genius.

What I think you are not getting is art has many forms, it's not just about what 1-3 ppl find appealing, I dislike Junk art, yet there a ppl who spend thousands to own them.

Either case, not trying to take over the section, I am offering ideas. In the end, the choice belongs to you guys.

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    that doesnt even make any sense in relation to my previous post
    ur sidestepping

Shifty sexy shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    this is where u are going wrong, this is where u will fail, this is what happened kinda with liz
    SOTW is about the art full stop.
    it is not some kind of vessel to drive traffic, take that road and in the opinion of most you will fail, because ur making our section about traffic, not art
    How am I side stepping? I touched on every point.

@Scrcrw , your misunderstanding me, I am not making it ABOUT traffic, I am leveraging the concept, I think as a photographer you should have a better appreciation for what art is, some would call abstract art a mess, others would call it genius.

What I think you are not getting is art has many forms, it's not just about what 1-3 ppl find appealing, I dislike Junk art, yet there a ppl who spend thousands to own them.

Either case, not trying to take over the section, I am offering ideas. In the end, the choice belongs to you guys.
    Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i posted before u edit, soz didnt catch that bit
    also i find it interesting that ur saying i dont have an appreciation for art
    and the fact that u think im just a photographer
    Last edited by Scrcrw; 03-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Shifty sexy shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Scrcrw - Very sorry , Train of thought doesn't portray well over the internet, I think you have both a appreciation & understanding, if you didn't you wouldn't be such a hard ass about this section (not meant offensively) , I mean you seem to be very narrow minded when it comes to what art is, art is (to many) a form of expression, Not all kind of art is right for everyone , but art in all forms is like almost nothing else in this world, art & design has experts or those who are great at it, but doesn't make them the only ones capable of determining what is "great art" , That's like saying because Brittney Spears is a paid professional , she should vote on every other singer and her thoughts should solely matter as a lead authority on the topic.

Or even a bigger kick in the ass (pardon the expression) I make advertisements for decent size companies and if I shown them to you , you may not even like them, I do web design, and GUI design for application development, I work commercially in internet marketing, you may not like them, but my clients do, So because you are great at what you do , doesn't mean that the greats are all that matter, if It did, then by your standards and guidelines, I would be broke

the point of it is , art is open to interpretation, there are Rules & guidelines to meet a standard of design, but no ones opinion is wrong, and therefor, why not welcome those who want to try and express themselves, maybe they won't win, but what is wrong with it?

Just seen your edit

and the fact that u think im just a photographer

- No offense, you do understand at least basic logic right?
    I never said you are JUST a photographer, I wouldn't know, but the laws of logic teach us that based on your own admission you are atleast a photographer, making my statement 100% correct

as a photographer

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    art is an open medium/representation w/e u wanna call it for sure
    doesnt mean people dont have stupid opinions still
    many people here are the ones who dont understand art, as i have allways said the majority of my 'flame' posts (not all, mainly the ones directed to the guy who started the thread about the piece) will always be more useful than some dumbass newphag saying " pro is pro 9.9/10" imo that is useless
    also im really not narrow minded about art, i go to galleries a lot actually (though mainly for photography) im just an opinionated person, heavily opinionated, but i always make my comments in a humerus and joking manner, so anyone who takes them seriously cause they dont know me is gonna get pissed off
    Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Shifty sexy shit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast