Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

2 Months w/o Token System

According to news story:
    The 100,000 Facebook Fan Challenge!

It seems that if 100,000 Facebook fans is hit by May something, we have the shot at 2 months of no-tokens.

Currently, the facebook page is at ~80k fans, so 85k isn't that hard to hit, so we can probably assume that we'll get the 2 months.

What do you think will happen to the market? Won't prices crash because of all the farmers? >___<;

Or it could go the other way, inflation from all those extra gold from runs.

.____. I need opinions on whether it's worth even farming stuff right now anymore, since spending time running stuff right now using crimsons isn't gonna be worth it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    prices will probly drop every one farming at the same time

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    The smartest thing you could do when that happens is just save your items (maybe on another character for room) and a week or 2 later when stuff settles down you put your items on the market. I wouldn't suggest using crimsons once the facebook thing gets to 90k-95k.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    This is going to one of the ways to mass ban the hackers because they will watch more closely xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    hahah if they do that thr doomed its to soon id wait till ep 10 if unknow what i mean have more content before doing somthing that crazy i mean 3days without tokens i seen ppl lowerd the highest price items in game sell stacks and lvl from 60-70 so 2months haha think about it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    This is definite ban bait, there are going be mass ban's everywhere, but this will not stop people until they are ip-banned. 2 months is a long time to make hell leveling or farming even if you lose a main or 2... there is ample time to get 5 more.

But i really want to know what is promoting nexon to do this aside form its possible "ban bait." they say the token system is in place to limit players but come on... 2moths =choas

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by lordlos View Post
    This is definite ban bait, there are going be mass ban's everywhere, but this will not stop people until they are ip-banned. 2 months is a long time to make hell leveling or farming even if you lose a main or 2... there is ample time to get 5 more.

But i really want to know what is promoting nexon to do this aside form its possible "ban bait." they say the token system is in place to limit players but come on... 2moths =choas
    Probably has something to do with that poll thats running now about what hurts the Vindictus experience the most. Right now, the token system is in second place and is easier to fix than the entry in first place (Repetitive dungeon runs). As to the OP, prices will definitely crash, only the really lazy people will be buying mats. However, when Titan comes out his mats will not be crashing as he is a once a day run so there is still hope to make more money! Just once a day though. Or you can farms superior irons seeing as those take no tokens in the first place and they're still a ridiculous price.

Thanks
    Forget farming. Powerlevel a dozen (or a dozen dozen) toons so you can get 10 titan drops a day to sell instead of 1.

Thanks
    This is no ban bait. Ban bait would be those 1 weekend thing. More localized and they know hackers will hack. 2 months? Hackers usually spam less ... since they know they have it free for 2 months...This is to get more players. Big drought of players now. Nexon can ban us ANYTIME. If they'd bother looking we'd be all banned by now.

And I agree with UlRRvtk7.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Yes, this will be a big hit to their revenue. It's no surprise that this game is doing poorly (hence why they release new content so fast now). The way I see it, they're giving this game a last chance to redeem itself. If after all this they still can't get a good player-base, they might just shut the game down.

Thanks
    One of their limitation is that "host" system. Everything would be better if they had dedicated servers without lame lag. And some people can't even play when they want because of connection limitations.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Then they'd have to spend a lot more money on the servers, and like I said, this game probably isn't very profitable as it is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    mmm.... maybe nexon should try reach out to other non-american countries, that way there will be ALOT of players that will definatly play.

Thanks
    They are too cheap to even host servers for this game. They def wont be bothering with all the paperwork and legalities that come with opening business in countries or regions that arnt guarunteed to turn a huge profit.

The game is free, so it doesnt make them money unless theres a large player base in every given server region. They cant pool all the players together either because, once again, they are too cheap to host, and p2p style plaer hosting wont work at that distance... you can already see the effects when you play with people on the opp coast.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    they also will double EXP AND GOLD RATE!!!! imagine that ??? no tokens + double gold and exp, its like heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by freelancer604 View Post
    They are too cheap to even host servers for this game. They def wont be bothering with all the paperwork and legalities that come with opening business in countries or regions that arnt guarunteed to turn a huge profit.

The game is free, so it doesnt make them money unless theres a large player base in every given server region. They cant pool all the players together either because, once again, they are too cheap to host, and p2p style plaer hosting wont work at that distance... you can already see the effects when you play with people on the opp coast.
    Well said i Agree
    Last edited by cadbury2010; 04-01-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast