Thanks

Advice For the Upcoming Free Boats Event

Hello everyone! I'm pretty sure by now you already know that we'll have a Free Boats month, starting on April 20, 2011, because we reached the 85K "likes" on the Vindictus Facebook account. What this means is we won't have to use tokens to play missions. This, of course, will tempt a lot of us cheaters to speed level from 1 to 70, which is very unsafe for your account and for the community who uses cheats.

For an example as to why I think doing something "strange" in your account such as speed leveling too much is dangerous, please take my experience as an example to at least have the idea that Nexon actually keeps a record and can trace what happens on your account and characters.

Remember the "Tieve's Box" event a few months ago? One free Tieve's Box for every character on your account which had the chance to give out rare goodies such as Sunglasses and Bunny Headbands. Naturally, people figured that creating and deleting characters was fine because technically, you're not breaking any Nexon rule. The event was FREE for everyone to participate in as well, no restrictions at all. People who wanted fun stuff like me took advantage of this seemingly legit way of getting stuff. I created around 5 to 10 new accounts that day, and got prizes for each of the characters. If a character didn't get a rare stuff like Bunny Headband or Sunglasses, I deleted it and created a new one until it got a good item that I liked. I continued doing this until I had a small army of level 1 characters with rare items.

Unfortunately, some people on the Nexon forums thought that this was "immoral", despite how legal it is to create and delete characters on your account for a FREE event. They rallied to "punish the abusers". Whether they were truly obligated to morally challenge people doing this or they were just jealous because they didn't think of it first and it was already too late for them to take advantage of the situation didn't matter anymore. Nexon surrendered to pressure and actually banned a lot of new accounts created during the days of the event which they found to have done the "Create and Delete" method. This means they actually saw in their records how many characters your account created and deleted as well as everything about the characters in it such as levels, stats, and even inventory items.

So in this coming Free Boats event, please be careful about leveling up too fast. They are keeping records of what you do with your account, so it's most likely that they are also recording the speed of your leveling. Don't go from level 1 to 70 on Day 1. That's impossible even if you decide to skip quests (on a legit character without token restrictions) just because we only have 24 hours in a day and a legit character who somehow manages to get to level 42 to start spamming "Hidden" to kill the giant spider for exp would still take around an hour or so just to get to earn a million exp (Solo Hidden on Hard Macha gives 70K+ exp).

Leveling up too fast will raise suspicions about your account and your time will be wasted if you get banned. Another problem is it might actually cause them to prioritize fixing holes in the game which we are using to have fun. In other words, it only takes a few raised voices from the Nexon community to put our cheating issue to the number 1 spot. Let's avoid that so that we can continue to have fun with our cheats as long as we can.

So how do we at least try to keep under the radar?

1. On Day 1, just level each character from 1 to around level 20 or 25. This is still possible to do for normal players who don't use cheats like us.

2. If you still wish to continue playing, then create a new account and character or party with people AFTER DISABLING ALL CHEATS. Earn some exp the "legit" way with others if you're bored.

3. Never join parties with your cheats/keybinds intact. You never know when you might accidentally hit a key that causes big boobs to pop up on your Lann.

4. Always close the game client and whatever cheating tool you use before logging in to your "clean" account.

5. Think what is possible for a legit character to achieve within a certain amount of time and try to copy that.

What I think are "Safe Level Stops" for each day during the Free Boats event:

Day 1: Level 1 to 20 or 25.
    Day 2: Level 25 to 30 or 35.
    Day 3: Level 35 to 40 or 45.
    Day 4: Level 45 to 50 or 55.
    Day 5: Level 55 to 60 or 62
    Day 6: Level 62 to 63 or 64.
    Day 7: Level 64 to 65 or 67.
    Day 8: Level 67 to 68 or 69.
    Day 9: Level 69 to 70.

* The above is just an estimate. I played legitly from Level 1 to 64 on another character that skipped most quests. I also took advantage of a few "Free Boat Rides" events that happened in the game in the past, so I have a general idea of what's possible to achieve if you spam "Hidden" Giant Spider solo on Hard Macha in a clean way. Getting from Level 1 to 70 in just a week and two days is pretty good anyway, for a person who rarely sleeps during the event.

What to Expect During Free Boats Event:

1. Prices for all materials will go down because a lot of legit players will be able to spam dungeons all they want. No point speed leveling a "material farmer" because those materials will be too cheap to risk your account for.

Remember, currently we have a whole month of Free Boats. There's no need to rush and speed level. Just be happy with the fact that we can kill and farm anything with almost no effort unlike truly legit characters. All we just need to do to not spoil the cheating community's fun is to hold back, don't brag, and be patient.

I hope my little share of thoughts about the matter helps someone keep relatively safe and our little community happy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raisinets For This Useful Post:

Etherealx (04-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    very nice !!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Good information unlike the people that just talk about the risk of getting ban for hacking. Good job! Keep it up!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Lol very nice thread.. but i dont rlly care... to keep it under radar so i ma hack like crazy... i got 53+ accs... i say bring it..

Thanks
    agree totally with you on this, just doing everything in moderation is key to enjoying all the fruits of our labor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Apullo1 View Post
    agree totally with you on this, just doing everything in moderation is key to enjoying all the fruits of our labor
    As if

Thanks
    The faster i make it to 70 the less time i'd lose if i do get banned, the more time i have to rinse repeat lmao.

Thanks
    Totally unnecessary. Just makes sure you don't do something stupid like hack in public or any other activity that could get you reported by other players. If Nexon really wanted to ban hackers they have more than enough information to do so. Slowing yourself down isn't really going to help you evade a ban.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    That is a nice guideline however. You'd probably need to spend at least 2-3 hours each day to reach the goal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_dragon View Post
    That is a nice guideline however. You'd probably need to spend at least 2-3 hours each day to reach the goal.
    If your goal is to gimp yourself to the same capabilities as everyone else. But then what would be the point of hacking in the first place? :P

Thanks
    My plan is, after I hit 70 I'll just play normally cause I wanna be able to do things the pro way =) Cause honestly hack will disable you to really know the game play.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    That's a very nice thread, however, judging by the idiots who publicly hack and make giant/cloned/un-released vested assets of themselves for the lulz, it should be no surprise that the free-token month will be a massive fiasco.

Enough people complaining on N forums about not being able to join certain boats without encountering a hacking host (West). Also, what's the deal with this? Why are most of these pricks on West!!! I hardly see complaints from East (even though I do see them).

Thanks
    Im really happy you did this thread i was worried about the free boat month