Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Mortal Kombat[Review]

Mortal Kombat has always been a series with no real substance. It might be the themes of gods, and other realms and the fact that somehow the war between two worlds is avoided by 10 "Mortal Kombats" A tournament of demons vs humans. Sadly I still don't understand how this system actually works. Since 9 of the last 10 were won by Outworld(the bad guys) and you only win 1. So.....if you win 1 its ok? And thats just the rules, the details are just made up.

Ok so let me review each part, since its a fighting game there is only 3 anyway.

STORY MODE:
    Ok for starters, story mode is well done. The cutscenes are nice, but not really needed. The plot in any fighting game is so silly anyway its not really worth watching. That being said since you can't skip them, you might as well. To tell you the truth the only thing that bugs me on story mode is that

ITS FUCKING HARD.
    Dear lord do they up the difficulty on just normal.
    1. As you beat up your oppenent, the more health he loses, the more the AI ups its difficulty. To some points where its harder to take down the last 10% of a health bar than it is to take down the first 90%.

2. Its a bastard to you. Putting you up with 2v1's/3-4v1's, fighting bosses, and even fighting 2v1's vs. bosses. Not only that, the "new character" difficulty curve is stupid. You fight new enemies at a higher difficulty than the last, so when you switch characters(which happens alot) you have to fight a higher difficulty with a character you probably aren't familiar with.

3. Holy fuck are bosses cheap. Counter hits are there specialty, they wait for you to hit them, then they attack. Which is soooooo annoying because you basically have to find the ONE attack which ranges them that you can spam.
    -So much for actually fighting them.
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone plays as skorpion or Subzero atm, so its pretty funny when i own with N00b or Lao. Skorpian is good, but zero sucks ass.
    -------------
    OTHER
    Test your luck, sight, and strength are awesome and fun. The brutality of this game is unmatched, as are its finishers.

Overall:

Buy this game if you ever liked MK. Because its everything MK should be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Bandicoot (04-20-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    y oh y is it not out in australia
    Dicks, That is all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i never liked mortal kombat

Thanks