Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by jewbele View Post
    I don't believe some magical flying light/person/santy claus guy would give two shits aboot people. I don't believe kissing the floor 12 times a day and bombing people that dont live in scorching desert is going to please this god. I don't believe genocide in the past would please this god. Religion seems to be something made up and people over the years prayed and followed it in the hope they would get something for themselves in return. Bountiful harvests, victory in wars, etc. Also i just don't believe there is someone there.. and i find it interesting how and why religion came to be and its popularity.

and i haven't had the pillar of salt thing done to me...
    That is not at all what religion is about . Take Christianity for example my " religion " ... We don't accept god into our hearts for our good were here to bring other people to god and help them come to heaven as well .
    Just... lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofCOD View Post
    That is not at all what religion is about . Take Christianity for example my " religion " ... We don't accept god into our hearts for our good were here to bring other people to god and help them come to heaven as well .
    Well, all you do is simply copy from Judaism and add Christ to it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofCOD View Post
    Not in Catholicism, I got in an argument with my religion teacher. We where making hypothetical scenarios to stall the class, and inevitably someone said what if someone was about to wipe out humanity and you had to kill them to stop it. She of course said a sin is a sin, and two wrongs don't make a right. I presented the argument that in not killing him, your final act is selfish, and in fact extremely so. Because the only reason you're choosing not save billions of people is because you don't want to go to hell. Therefore you've made not killing him redundant and worse you can't repent because you're dead. So she got a priest, had him come in the room, and he said, "two wrongs never make a right." At that point I realized the situation was pointless so I started confusing him for the lolz. Anyway the point being that in that aspect, the catholic church inadvertently it's selfish goal is getting yourself to a better place.
    Last edited by tdct; 07-19-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819