Thread: Computer Advice

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I'd probably recommend the 2600K over the 110T if he has the money. But I agree with everything else you said.
    Money isn't really an issue, BUT, saving is always nice. I'm not sure if you read but I'm NOT making this myself. I have little to no time to put it together with my classes that I'm taking and I'm being shipped to summer school during... well... summer, so I have little to no control over the prices of all the parts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by CABLE View Post
    Money isn't really an issue, BUT, saving is always nice. I'm not sure if you read but I'm NOT making this myself. I have little to no time to put it together with my classes that I'm taking and I'm being shipped to summer school during... well... summer, so I have little to no control over the prices of all the parts.
    I understand. What resolution are you gaming at?
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

I understand. What resolution are you gaming at?
    With my current monitor, 1440x900.

Also, @Minivan Man, I have no necessity for whoring attention. Perhaps you've been on 4chan for far too long, but, every once in a while, people do need honest help. Yes. Once in a while.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    @CABLE

Never been on that site, how bout you?

Seriously though I do understand the need for help, I have a thread going on right now for a msn error code. I am just saying, you are going a little bit overkill here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    With my current monitor, 1440x900.

Also, @Minivan Man, I have no necessity for whoring attention. Perhaps you've been on 4chan for far too long, but, every once in a while, people do need honest help. Yes. Once in a while.
    Well I couldn't recommend any crossfire setup or even sli for any resolution below 1920x1080. I recommend you stick with a single 6950 or a GTX 560 Ti. You only reap the benefits of crossfire if you game at higher resolutions. The higher the resolution the better the crossfire scaling is.

Also here is a quick build I got off whirlpool (which is an australian site)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 $219
    Mobo: Asrock P67 Extreme4 B3 $229
    RAM: Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 $99
    SSD: G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB $159 (Vertex 2's seem to malfunction)
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB $57
    GPU: 2GB AMD Radeon HD6950 $282
    GPU: 2GB AMD Radeon HD6950 $282
    Case: Silverstone Raven RV02-E $189
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus ST75F-P 750W $149
    ODD: LiteOn DVD burner $40
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Universal Hyper 212+ $33
    Peripherals: [ 24" BenQ G2420HD / Sidewinder X4 / Sidewinder X5 / Edifier M1350 2.1 ] (+$301)

Total: $1,738 ($2,039 w/ peripherals)

Thats in AUD. I suspect newegg will be a bit cheaper.
    Last edited by Doc; 04-26-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minivan Man View Post
    @CABLE

Never been on that site, how bout you?

Seriously though I do understand the need for help, I have a thread going on right now for a msn error code. I am just saying, you are going a little bit overkill here
    They speculated and I gave them the information. I was asking about RAM and somehow we got offtracked to how much my computer costs and what parts I'm putting in it. But, oh well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    They speculated and I gave them the information. I was asking about RAM and somehow we got offtracked to how much my computer costs and what parts I'm putting in it. But, oh well.
    For gaming 6GB is plenty. If you do other intensive things like video rendering then I'd recommend 8gb. I'd rarely go above unless I'm going all out on a build.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

For gaming 6GB is plenty. If you do other intensive things like video rendering then I'd recommend 8gb. I'd rarely go above unless I'm going all out on a build.
    I'm usually the video editer and what-not so it's not only for gaming. On my current computer, I have 3GB of RAM from who knows what brand and my graphics card is a Quadro something. Took my 6 hours to render a 48 second video and it turns out I forgot to check the render with sound box. Also, you said to see the note above for the G.Skill SSD. The site I'm getting my rig at is CyberPower PC. - Custom Built Gaming PC and Gaming Laptops

I'd prefer G.Skill RAM but they don't offer it there so I'm stuck with Corsair or Kingston, but I don't mind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I'm usually the video editer and what-not so it's not only for gaming. On my current computer, I have 3GB of RAM from who knows what brand and my graphics card is a Quadro something. Took my 6 hours to render a 48 second video and it turns out I forgot to check the render with sound box. Also, you said to see the note above for the G.Skill SSD. The site I'm getting my rig at is CyberPower PC. - Custom Built Gaming PC and Gaming Laptops

I'd prefer G.Skill RAM but they don't offer it there so I'm stuck with Corsair or Kingston, but I don't mind.
    It doesn't really matter about the RAM. The note was about OCZ Vertex 2 malfunctioning, I went back and edited the post.

Also heres what I got from that site, This is a fully fledged system including monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse, and 5.1 surround sound.

Configuration
    *BASE_PRICE: [+715]
    BLUETOOTH: None
    CAS: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ dual 200mm fans, integrated fan controller, front USB 3.0 Port & Side-Panel Window [+125]
    CASUPGRADE: None
    CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    CD2: None
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+110]
    CS_FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) [+29] (1,000 RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric Bearing 17 dBA)
    FA_HDD: None
    FAN: Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Advanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+18] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
    FLASHMEDIA: None
    FREEBIE_CU1: FREE Game - Shogun 2 Limited Edition Coupon: Total War [+0]
    GLASSES: None
    HDD: 60GB Corsair Force 60 Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+85] (Single Hard Drive)
    HDD2: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+60] (1TB x 2 (2 TB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance [+60])
    HEADSET1: Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset [+66]
    IEEE_CARD: None
    KEYBOARD: Razer Lycosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard [+63]
    MB_ADDON: None
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MONITOR: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre E246W-1080P (23.6" Viewable)(Black Color) LED Backlight, Built-in Speaker, DVI, HDMI Input [+248]
    MONITOR2: None
    MONITOR3: None
    MOPAD1: Razer Goliathus Fragged Standard Mouse Pad - Speed [+17]
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus Sabertooth P67 w/ TUF Thermal Armor Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, DIGI+VRM, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [B3 Stepping] [+119]
    MOUSE: Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI High Precision 3.5G Infrared Gaming Mouse [+47]
    MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor [+0]
    NCSW: None
    NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
    NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
    NOISEREDUCE2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
    OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus Power Supply [+116]
    RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
    SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None
    TEMP: None
    TVRC: None
    USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    USBFLASH: None
    USBHD: None
    USBX: None
    VC_PHYSX: None
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+260] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
    VIDEO2: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+335] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
    VIDEO3: None
    WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card + External 2.4G 5 DBI Antenna [+29]
    _PRICE: (+2678)
    Last edited by Doc; 04-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

It doesn't really matter about the RAM. The note was about OCZ Vertex 2 malfunctioning, I went back and edited the post.
    Ah, alright. Well, since I'm not putting the rig together, my options are rather limited. I'm thinking of getting an SSD for a boot drive and then seeing how much I can shave off with the options CyberPower gives me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Ah, alright. Well, since I'm not putting the rig together, my options are rather limited. I'm thinking of getting an SSD for a boot drive and then seeing how much I can shave off with the options CyberPower gives me.
    Yeah. You only need around 60gb for a boot drive.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

Yeah. You only need around 60gb for a boot drive.
    Wasn't planning on getting anything more than 60 for it xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

@Doc

Mostly what i do is gaming and intense video rendering, animation shit

I got 9

I mean seriously what could this guy possibly need this good of a computer for?

I have

AMD Phenom X6 1100t six cores @ 3.2 ghz
    ATI Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5
    9 GB DDR3 Ram

As far as i know, my mobo and psu are all i just forget the models..

I can play crysis maxed out @ 100 fps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minivan Man View Post

@Doc

Mostly what i do is gaming and intense video rendering, animation shit

I got 9

I mean seriously what could this guy possibly need this good of a computer for?

I have

AMD Phenom X6 1100t six cores @ 3.2 ghz
    ATI Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5
    9 GB DDR3 Ram

As far as i know, my mobo and psu are all i just forget the models..

I can play crysis maxed out @ 100 fps.

To have .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    To have .
    Exactly.

Le waste of money

Go buy a new mouse, a hella nice headset, a good monitor idk.

A car.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast