Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    You cant change your IP by unplugging internet and back in. You need to do it via CMD Prompt or a program. and yea dayday was called a scammer gazillion times so i think he does scam but KING could be dayday by the things he posted but we need SS evidence.
    I work at ATT as a tier1 tech support, and i know what im talking about, probably Comcast or any other Internet provider require more to drop the IP which just asigned to you, but after sometime disconnected, they assign you a new one, and sorry if the minute thing is innacurate but its just an estimated, and no offense but i just LOLed at the CMD thing, you are talking about /ipconfig release and renew, which was the thing to do with older technology but not anymore, your computer is not the one who keeps the assigned IP, its your modem, and there is no such command to tell the modem to release the IP, if you dont believe me, try doing it yourself, tell your command prompt to release your IP and check What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address to see how your attempt fails, if you fail, try the modem thing but depending your internet provider it would take 1-15 minutes to assign you a new IP.... you can try programs such as HideMyIP and they work, you just have to pay for serial cause its hard to find working cracks...
    Last edited by thetraderdude; 05-21-2011 at 05:34 PM.