Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

[School of Nunya][Modding .hfs 101]- Lesson(True One Hit Kills)

Notes
    I am here in these topics to teach and help each and every one of you. Therefor do not be afraid to ask stupid, simple or repeated questions as long as they relate to the topic. I will help you regardless.

I will not be describing the process of converting from hfs to zip and back as there are already tutorials for that.

PLEASE USE NOTEPAD++ FOR TEXT EDITOR AND SQLITE FOR DATABASE.

So with that said, lets get on with the lesson: True 1 hit kills.

Tutorial:

First I want to mention that there are several methods to achieve 1 hit kills. Most methods involve raising Attack/Mattack power high enough that you waste everything, but it doesn't always work as intended for everything. Also there is the method of lowering every monsters hp to a small amount, which also has other side effects such as making break-offs difficult.

This method is a bit more work but it ensures every skill(or everyone YOU WANT) will kill in 1 hit on every monster and doesn't have many down-sides.

This mod is done with 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs.

Step 1:
    Open 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs.

Step 2:
    Open action_table_player.tx*****mp.

Note:
    *For this tutorial we will use Lann's first normal attack as an example.
    *You will need to edit every skill you want to 1hk with.
    *You can also make kicks 1hk in this file.

Step 3:
    Ctrl + f and enter "lethita_normal_attack_01" into the search field. For some reason in Vindictus code Lann is referred to as lethita.
    This step should bring you to this block of code:
    Code:
    	"lethita_normal_attack_01"
    	{
    		"attack_type"		"SLASH"
    		"damage_factor" 
    		{
    			"load"	"dmg_bonus1	$skill_combat_mastery.dmg_bonus"
    			"load"	"dmg_bonus2	$skill_adv_combat_mastery.dmg_bonus"

"eval"	"if (dmg_bonus2>0 , 2 * ( 1+ dmg_bonus2 / 100) , 2 * ( 1+ dmg_bonus1 / 100) )"
    		}			

"down_damage"		"0"

//    "hit_type_translate_conditions"
    //		{
    //			"0"		"FRONT"
    //		}
    //		"hit_type_translate_result"		"LOWER"

"attack_hit_latch_time"		"0"
    		"attack_blocked_latch_time"		"0.15"

"damage_shake_scale_u"	"5.0"
    		"damage_shake_scale_v"	"5.0"
    		"damage_shake_duration"	"0.5"
    		"damage_shake_interval"	"0.02"
    		"damage_shake_damp_ratio"	"0.25"
    	}

Note: "{" denotes the start of a function and "}" denotes the end of it.

Step 4:
    Find this part of the function:
    Code:
    		"damage_factor" 
    		{

"eval"	"if (dmg_bonus2>0 , 2 * ( 1+ dmg_bonus2 / 100) , 2 * ( 1+ dmg_bonus1 / 100) )"
    		}
    "eval" - This is the equation that determines the damage dealt with this skill.

Step 5:
    Change the code to this:
    Code:
    		"damage_factor" 
    		{

"eval"	"if (dmg_bonus2>0 , 99999 * ( 1+ dmg_bonus2 / 100) , 99999 * ( 1+ dmg_bonus1 / 100) )"
    		}
    Note- With some skills you can simply change "eval" to a value like "999999" but I have found that it will cause a bug with a lot of skills so the method is not preferred unless the particular skill already has a straight value for "eval" instead of an equation.

Step 6:
    Repeat step 4 and 5 for every skill you wish to one hit kill with.
    Note: Smash attacks are titled as such- "lethita_strong_attack_00"
    Kicks are titled as such- "lethita_kick_01" (there is more then one type of kick for each character you need to mod them all).

Save the file, and make sure your .zip file is updated with the changes. Reconvert to hfs and have fun overkilling the shit out of everything.

Last edited by DanK; 05-20-2011 at 06:19 AM.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to DanK For This Useful Post:

bloodyshade (05-22-2011),bubun369 (05-20-2011),buzzzboy (05-20-2011),Chee12 (05-25-2011),cyTOist (05-27-2011),emlorp (06-06-2011),GNTV_CasPeR (05-30-2011),Halosheep (05-20-2011),imth1 (05-28-2011),Karleo (05-21-2011),katuza (07-28-2011),Lehsyrus (05-22-2011),magicb0y (04-04-2012),mastercu (05-21-2011),munchyyumyum (05-23-2011),newtondestroyer (05-20-2011),nick9z (08-05-2011),Ninjal3unny (05-23-2011),noobieboobie (05-20-2011),Nulifiedz (05-22-2011),OMGabear (05-21-2011),raikoujin (06-02-2011),senying (05-21-2011),shadow9th (05-27-2011),shortcut (05-24-2011),star29 (05-22-2011),Suisho (05-20-2011),vladimir911 (05-21-2011),yoyolo (06-11-2011),_jlee (06-13-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Very nice! Always so helpful Nunya.
    Simple, easy to follow, and helps people create more of their own, rather than just grabbing what others put up. (I'm one of those people that tries to learn it on my own, and I've ended up creating a lot of cool stuff because of it, hopefully others will do the same)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Hey just wondering which comp file do I edit to make the glowing javelins NOT 1hitko but still flinch on first hit?

I would like to farm irukul tusks. Im currently using your ezboss which is 1 flinch break off but i cant seem to get him to flinch with the sticky...

Thanks
    Similar request here. What's the file that contains the secondary weapon damage modifiers? I'd like to set the different secondaries to do different levels of damage.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Neither of you even thank me for this tut and you just go asking for more ? Fuck you...

You will have to wait until I FEEL LIKE making that tut, your leeching asses should feel lucky I'm making these.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DanK For This Useful Post:

nick9z (08-05-2011)

Thanks
    thanks for this lol, a question for you, where do i find the object 1 hit kill, is it also in the action_table_player.tx*****mp file?

Thanks
    good guide, thank you very much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    i agree with nunya.....you dont even thank them for taking to time to teach us how to do things on our own and you have the nerve to ask for more? really? you dont even have to mean it you could at least be polite

Thanks
    First of all, thank you for this. I downloaded Notepad++ but I don'T know how to get to use the SQlite database thingy. Mind explaining?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You don't use SQLite for this tutorial you only need Notepad++.

Open action_table_player.tx*****mp with Notepad++ Sorry I forgot to specify that in the tut.

the only time you use SQLite is when dealing with heroes.db3.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Vindictus has stopped working.. why?

I've done everything like the tutorial said..

What's more.. i tried adding an already edited file from another user in this forum and i get vindictus has stopped working..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Single View Post
    Vindictus has stopped working.. why?

I've done everything like the tutorial said..

What's more.. i tried adding an already edited file from another user in this forum and i get vindictus has stopped working..
    Are you using VZipFlip 6 to convert? and are you updating the zip file NOT extracting it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Neither of you even thank me for this tut and you just go asking for more ? Fuck you...

You will have to wait until I FEEL LIKE making that tut, your leeching asses should feel lucky I'm making these.
    Seriously? I didn't think you would be the type that would get all butthurt about not getting thanks. Honestly, the only thing I learned from your little tutorial was that action_table_player.tx*****mp contains functions controlling skill damage. And even that only saved me a few hours of reading through the code and doing some testing.

I'm giving you thanks just for this thread only because I agree with your practice of providing information freely instead of trying to control it. As for my request? Forget it. I'm done with you if that's how you're going to act.

Thanks
    Hello Hello, it's my first reply on this forum.

First of all, thanks for info about editing those HFS. I've done as you said, and followed tutorial about vzipflip, but as I run Vindictus, my win7 says "vindictus has stopped working".

That's the step's i've done:
    1. I've downloaded vzipflip, vziped 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs to .zip (yes, i've removed _ at the end).
    2. I've unzipped action_table_player.tx*****mp and opened it with notepad ++
    3. I've edited methods(functions) that are responsible for lann kicks, just changed their field "damage_factor" and "down_damage" to "999999" (1mln-1)
    4. I've hfed my zip to hfs format (yes, i've removed _ in the end of HFS name)
    5. I've backuped my old HFS and pated new one

Edit: I've also tried to add secondary checksum, but it failed
    Last edited by pabluuz; 05-22-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGabear View Post
    Seriously? I didn't think you would be the type that would get all butthurt about not getting thanks. Honestly, the only thing I learned from your little tutorial was that action_table_player.tx*****mp contains functions controlling skill damage. And even that only saved me a few hours of reading through the code and doing some testing.

I'm giving you thanks just for this thread only because I agree with your practice of providing information freely instead of trying to control it. As for my request? Forget it. I'm done with you if that's how you're going to act.
    nooooow who's getting butthurt?
    nunya was just INSULTED that you didn't take the time to say "thanks for this tutorial, you've helped me -insert how you were helped-" yet you took the time to ask for another specific tutorial....nobody is annoyed with the asking for another tutorial its just that you were rude and didn't say thanks for what you already had.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast