Thanks

Interested in Coding.

Hi, im Chad, and I'd really like to become a fluent coder around here, and I need some help getting on my feet. I'm good at VB and I understand that is nowhere near coding in C++, lol, but I can understand the simplest basics of coding.. I honestly didn't really wanna post here asking for help because, well, I realize I'm a noob on this site, and I know tons of people ask for this is exact same thing repeatedly, wanting instant gratification, but I understand it will take time to learn.. I feel I have the intelligence, and I do want to learn and take the time to thoroughly understand things. Any help in pointing me in the right direction or personal help would be really really appreciated. Thank you!

edit: Sorry, I meant to post this in the correct sub-forum, my mistake.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Well. Go get sams teach yourself c++ and read that. Try posting in the "c++" section though...
    Favourite quotes:

Code:
    I don't need easy, I just need possible. ~ Me 

There are three birds on a fence. Two decide to fly away, how many are left? Three, just because you decide to do something doesn't mean you've done it. ~ Don't know who said this

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSia View Post
    You both have a very weird and awkward view on Computer science.
    Computer science is about computing, which is programming.
    Definition of computing: The use or operation of computers.
    Turning on my computer = computing = programming
    LAWLFAIL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
    Well. Go get sams teach yourself c++ and read that. Try posting in the "c++" section though...

Oh! I wasn't even aware there was a C++ section on mpgh, lol. sorry im not quite familiar with the entire site, but thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Define "good" at programming with respects to your Visual Basic skills.

Thanks

Thanks

Yeah, I read that, but those two linked threads literally have nothing in them about coding you own hack...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Don't come here for that stuff just go to the C++ section if you really want to learn.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Don't come here for that stuff just go to the C++ section if you really want to learn.
    I'm sorting through all of that right now, and trying to make some sense of it, lol.

Main request as of right now: Could someone please explain the structure and components in a Dll hack? In the DllMain.cpp file as well as the others? Or do we just edit the DllMain.cpp..

..sorry im such a nub at this, I'm really interested in learning all of this though, and I figured talking to coders that know this stuff would be 10x more relevant and helpful than simply reading a book on general C++ stuff.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by xXChaXx View Post
    I'm sorting through all of that right now, and trying to make some sense of it, lol.

Main request as of right now: Could someone please explain the structure and components in a Dll hack? In the DllMain.cpp file as well as the others? Or do we just edit the DllMain.cpp..

..sorry im such a nub at this, I'm really interested in learning all of this though, and I figured talking to coders that know this stuff would be 10x more relevant and helpful than simply reading a book on general C++ stuff.
    Read a book on general C++ stuff. The coders will be surprisingly helpful if they see that you know C++!

Put this image in your signature if you support HTML5 development!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by xXChaXx View Post

You'd be better off at the other section where there are actually coders.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crash For This Useful Post:

NOOBJr (05-20-2011)